Author Topic: Goose Wheelie  (Read 5412 times)

britman

Goose Wheelie
« on: February 24, 2017, 07:25:26 AM »
Apparently this Lass has ridden before...... Just thought it was interesting she was on a Goose......

http://68.media.tumblr.com/1b6259b6037991ce667c16b3ef398f28/tumblr_olkv0ixSbL1tk46tjo1_1280.jpg

Offline rocker59

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • "diplomatico di moto"
Re: Goose Wheelie
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 07:43:04 AM »

with a little HTML:

Michael T.
Aux Arcs de Akansea
2004 California EV Touring II
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt

oldbike54

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 08:38:43 AM »
 Isn't she the young lady who later had a serious crash ?

Dusty

Offline unclepete

• Hatchling
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 08:52:02 AM »
Lacking mechanical sympathy .

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 08:52:02 AM »

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2017, 09:23:49 AM »
That one's been around for awhile :thumb:
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Offline Adk.IBO

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2017, 10:39:20 AM »
Lacking mechanical sympathy .

What is "mechanical sympathy"?
'09 Norge new in '11, sold in '17, 37000 very good miles, thanks to this forum. '17 Roadster new in '17
Luke 23:34

Offline rocker59

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • "diplomatico di moto"
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2017, 12:10:16 PM »
What is "mechanical sympathy"?

Understanding the machine.

As in doing wheelies on a wet sump bike, like a Guzzi, will surely starve the oil pump and light the low oil pressure indicator, but the rider doesn't give a shite.

So, she lacks mechanical sympathy...
Michael T.
Aux Arcs de Akansea
2004 California EV Touring II
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Triple Jim

• Gaggle Hero
    • Lakeland Services Company
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2017, 12:37:20 PM »
I've seen a video of her doing wheelies on her Griso, and she doesn't ride them long enough to hurt the engine.  Just a quick up and down, and then off the throttle.  Not that I'm a fan of wheelies... I always leaned forward and tried not to wheelie in my youthful days of H2 riding.
When the Brussels sprout fails to venture from its lair, it is time to roll a beaver up a grassy slope.

Offline JeffOlson

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2017, 12:38:22 PM »
I like that picture. It makes me smile. So does this one:

2018 Vespa GTS 300
2016 Moto Guzzi Norge
2015 Vespa Sprint 150
2015 Vespa GTS 300

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2017, 02:09:09 PM »
Just cruel. That's why GSXR 1000's and the likes are born. Throw away bikes. Seeing that reminds me of someone who has an honest life long partner and now he's making her do something he saw a young one do. Get the metaphor ? If she wants to impress, there's gotta' be a way she could do it and leave the bike at home.

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2017, 02:22:55 PM »
I like that picture. It makes me smile. So does this one:

Please can I have one of the two anvils he has in the panniers ?

Offline Steph

• Gaggle Hero
  • Cali Stone/ LM3
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2017, 02:45:56 PM »
A boring old California  :thumb:

Offline Sasquatch Jim

• Gaggle Hero
  • Sidecar - Best drive by shooting vehicle ever
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2017, 04:08:32 PM »
  She has something exciting between her legs.
Sasquatch Jim        Humanoid, sort of.

Offline JeffOlson

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2017, 04:42:17 PM »
She is prettier than Valentino Rossi, but the "Doctor" is amazing. He wheelies everywhere. For him, it is a way of life:

https://youtu.be/KzP5vxoFbqE
2018 Vespa GTS 300
2016 Moto Guzzi Norge
2015 Vespa Sprint 150
2015 Vespa GTS 300

oldbike54

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2017, 04:50:13 PM »
 Once again , isn't this the same young lady that crashed into a bus in an intersection ?

Dusty

pete roper

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2017, 04:54:54 PM »
Nothing wrong with the odd wheelie as long as you're willing to pay the price.

With a bike like the Griso there is actually a baffle behind the lubrication pick-up in the 'Deep Sump' versions that will probably prevent starvation for the short periods of time the front wheel is elevated.

The biggest issue, especially with a great, heavy, underpowered pig like  a Guzzi is not getting it up but puting it down gently! You can't just roll it off and drop it down gently, it always comes down with a crash! Don't ask me how I know this! It isn't good for fork seals or steering head bearings, really!

Pete

Offline Triple Jim

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2017, 05:56:35 PM »
Once again , isn't this the same young lady that crashed into a bus in an intersection ?

It's Katarzyna Jaskulska.  I vaguely remember something about that crash, but not the details.  I do recall that the rider wasn't terribly injured.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 05:58:07 PM by Triple Jim »
When the Brussels sprout fails to venture from its lair, it is time to roll a beaver up a grassy slope.

oldbike54

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2017, 06:12:45 PM »
It's Katarzyna Jaskulska.  I vaguely remember something about that crash, but not the details.  I do recall that the rider wasn't terribly injured.

I just remember we had some pics and a discussion of the wreck .

Dusty

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2017, 07:48:17 PM »
Just cruel. That's why GSXR 1000's and the likes are born. Throw away bikes. Seeing that reminds me of someone who has an honest life long partner and now he's making her do something he saw a young one do. Get the metaphor ? If she wants to impress, there's gotta' be a way she could do it and leave the bike at home.

hardly throw away bikes.  82k miles on my Bandit and it will go straight up if you hit the throttle in first gear (and not even playing with the clutch) and run right up to 11k. 

Frankly, I wish my Guzzi was a strong.  But my greenie will wheelie. 
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 07:53:18 PM by LowRyter »
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline bad Chad

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2017, 09:46:55 PM »
Almost any motorcycle will wheelie, it just takes know how.
2007 Breva 1100  Red Arrow (and faster than yours!)
2016 CSC 250TT Zongshen
2017 V9 Roamer

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2017, 09:50:04 PM »
hardly throw away bikes.  82k miles on my Bandit and it will go straight up if you hit the throttle in first gear (and not even playing with the clutch) and run right up to 11k. 

Frankly, I wish my Guzzi was a strong.  But my greenie will wheelie.
Never said otherwise LR, I've owned 35 sports bikes since 1976, you don't have to defend them. By "throw away", I mean you can destroy one and pull another out of your ass the same day and not be able to tell the difference. Anything will wheelie, but that's not where the beauty lies with something like a Griso or Norge, but if you don't accept that then I shouldn't have bothered typing it.

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2017, 12:18:24 AM »
U-joints and other driveline components are abused.  If it's not your bike or you don't pay the repair bills.  Go ahead abuse it.  :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

britman

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2017, 10:24:21 AM »
Not to sound like a chauvinistic pig, but the two reasons I posted the shot was:

1. Unusual to see a "Goose" ridden in that manner. 

2. Apparently the young lady has acquired some riding skills, good, bad, or indifferent.  Looking at the expression on her face she seems very much at ease with the front wheel in the air.

IMHO riding a motorcycle, regardless of brand, is still a male oriented pastime, although I readily admit to seeing more of the opposite gender on two wheels in last few years. I think most male riders still give a second glance when you see a female riding a bike.

Last summer I witnessed an attractive young lady with enough leather on to wipe to make a dent in the bovine population attempt to get a brand new Sportster out of a downtown parking space. She was with a male companion on a Springer,  dressed in the same fashion.  The guy had at least basic riding skills, he pulled out and hauled arse down the street. She on the other hand stalled the bike three times attempting to get the clutch and throttle to work in conjunction.  The guy circled the block and parked, after giving giving her a quick verbal refresher course, she got the bike going.  You could tell she was scared to death, from both her body language and bike operation.  I know it could have just as well been a new male rider, but from my observations she was attempting to appease her husband or boyfriend by being on two wheels.  I just hope she is healthy and riding with some skill now, or the leathers and bike have found a new home on Ebay or Craig's. 

Offline Triple Jim

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2017, 10:41:36 AM »
Sometimes a smallish woman is more comfortable starting out with something like a 330 lb. Ninja 250 than a 550 lb. Sportster.  Unfortunately sometimes her male partner has ideas about what motorcycle brands are acceptable.

Rough Edge racing

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2017, 11:33:44 AM »
Sometimes a smallish woman is more comfortable starting out with something like a 330 lb. Ninja 250 than a 550 lb. Sportster.  Unfortunately sometimes her male partner has ideas about what motorcycle brands are acceptable.

My race bike rider's girlfriend got her M/C license on her own through a rider training deal....She and him are both 40 years old... She is 6 foot tall and slim and enjoyed riding his vintage Triumph ( 390 lbs) but disliked kick starting...So he buys her a 90's Harley low rider....She didn't like the Harley because it was too heavy and awkward at low speeds....Then he buys her a 2007 or whatever Harley Sportster ..Another 550 pound bike...She has a hard time with that...
 A lot of women like the 620 Ducati Monster, 400 pounds, low seat and plenty fast enough...

Offline m13

• Gosling
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2017, 11:55:59 AM »
Almost any motorcycle will wheelie, it just takes know how.

In the early '70s my friend "Crazy Kirby" would often pull wheelies on his Eldorado. He dogged the hell out of that bike, burnouts and such. I don't know how long the bike lasted, I moved on,.. lost track..
Leonardtown, Maryland
'69 Manky V700
'60-something?(who really knows) Chang jiang 750

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PORS0y5exgY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B24-c-rJM_Q

Kentktk

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2017, 12:12:17 PM »
In the early '70s my friend "Crazy Kirby" would often pull wheelies on his Eldorado. He dogged the hell out of that bike, burnouts and such. I don't know how long the bike lasted, I moved on,.. lost track..

I had a girlfriend who I started out on a TRAIL 90 for a week, then SHE bought herself an R6. It worked out a fine as she new it would only go as fast as she opened the throttle and being a smart ( Nurse Practitioner ) girl she knew her limits and didn`t have a guys reckless behavior about throttle control.

Offline Crosspug

• New Egg
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2017, 06:47:20 AM »
The wife wouldn't marry me until I obtained my bike licence.

She'd ridden for years before me, she got me into Guzzi (her dad had an '88 Cali). She retired her Yamahorrible Vstar 650 when we had kids, rode the Cali for a bit but that's too heavy for her and now I'm tasked with obtaining side stand for the V65SP so she can ride that... She hates having to get to try to get it on the centre stand. Would never have had a bike except for her. Funny old world.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Offline Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2017, 07:26:16 AM »
A note as far as the size of females and motorcycle ridding take the challenge and google, FEMALE RIDDING HARLEY ON TRAINING COURSE and watch a 100 pound little female scrape the floorboards as she smokes the course with record time. She can also pick that 900lb + electric glide up from a downed position. Ridding has nothing to do with size, its three issues, TRAINING, PRATICING, AND RIDDING.

Offline sib

• Gaggle Hero
  • Location: Smallest state, 221 times smaller than Texas, often compared to the size of an oil slick, forest fire, or ice sheet
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2017, 07:48:14 AM »
...PRATICING, AND RIDDING.
The same could be said for writing (snark).
Current: 2021 V7 Stone E5
Previous: 2016 V7II Stone
Previous: 2013 V7 Stone
Several decades ago: 1962? Honda CB77 Super Hawk

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here