Author Topic: The UFO Thread  (Read 18564 times)

Online Zoom Zoom

• Guzzi Hero
  • Northeast Ohio
Re: The UFO Thread
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2020, 06:56:52 AM »
I saw Daryl, AKA BIGFOOT land his UFO on Table Rock lake one time to get some Beef jerky and a Budweiser 40oz can. His hair was ...............perf ect!

Now that is funny! Aaahoo

John Henry
A wide, unfettered road ahead,
and the flying motor singing.
Samuel C. Lancaster 1921

Offline cliffrod

• Guzzi Hero
  • AC Button II
    • Carolina Sculpture Studio
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2020, 06:58:33 AM »
The nearest habitable zone is so many light years away, that even at light speed, it would be a trip of many years. I understand that time moves slower for the occupants as appreciated by us, but for them a year still feels like a year.
Also travelling at close to light speed, a collision with a marble size object has the momentum of a speeding train, immediate destruction of the “craft”.
 I can easily conceive of other carbon based life forms springing into existence within a habitable zone and therefore accept that it has happened, but if we have not received signals over the last 100 years, then there won’t be anyone within 100 light years.
Forrrgetttaabbbaaaa rrtit......
Furthermore..
If an intelligent life form was here to warn us of impending doom, surely instead of cryptic messages shrouded in ambiguity being foisted upon us, they could sit off at a safe distance and communicate.
A simple message of..
“Don’t fire on us or we’ll waste your sorry asses” would get the message across to would be human aggressors.

Any intelligent aliens are simply waiting for us to achieve critical stupidity mass to resolve any problems or threats we pose completely on our own.  They have better things to do. 

This is a good spot for an alien-eating-popcorn emoji....
1973 V7 Sport  "Now THAT'S a motorcycle!"-  Master Sculptor Giuliano Cecchinelli
1967 V700 Corsa Record
1964 Ducati 250
eccetera, eccetera...

http://carolinasculpturestudio.com/
Carolina Sculpture Studio Channel on YouTube-
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzSYaYdis55gE-vqifzjA6A

Online JJ

• Guzzi Hero
  • Life is meant to ENJOY...not "endure."
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2020, 07:15:10 AM »
Dali's watching JJ.

That's a good photo!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Life Member: MGNOC L-772, AMA, HOG
'98 V10 Centauro GT
'14 Victory Vision Tour
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Online JJ

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2020, 07:28:23 AM »
From the late, great Dr. Stephen Hawking...

'98 V10 Centauro GT
'14 Victory Vision Tour
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Wildgoose Chase Moto Guzzi

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2020, 07:28:23 AM »

Online Bulldog9

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2020, 07:47:44 AM »
The Living: 1976 Convert, 2007 GRiSO, 2016 Stornello #742, 2008 1200 Sport
The Departed: 2017 MGX, 2014 Norge GT,  In Stasis: 1978 XS750, XS1100SF (134K miles and going)

Online ozarquebus

• Grand Canyon Pack Rat
  • Guzzi Hero
  • Riding since 1979, 2 years on (under) a Guzzi.
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2020, 08:00:53 AM »
Its really pretty simple.
1. If there were UFOs and aliens on Earth, there would be some real proof after all these years.
2. If the real evidence was being suppressed, the government would have screwed up and that evidence would be seen, because after 60 years of UFOs no government plan can remain airtight.

Nevertheless, I wish I would see a UFO.

How about some first hand reports from 3 AM Guzzi rides on lonesome desert highways?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 08:06:25 AM by ozarquebus »
John
1000SPII (Rally Ready)
V1000 G5 (on the road)
2 Converts (mating to merge into one)

Online LowRyter

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2020, 08:31:41 AM »
actually these two points:

1.  Do ET civilizations exist?

2.  Is there science and resulting technology to travel the distances of space?

If the answers are yes, then very likely, they're here.  Those are two big questions. 
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Online LowRyter

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2020, 08:36:08 AM »
It's interesting that no one commenting has bothered to look at the original post but instead defaulting to strongly held positions of ridicule. 
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Online fotoguzzi

• Guzzi Hero
  • vee git tooh soon oldt und too late wise -my Dad
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2020, 08:53:49 AM »

MINNEAPOLIS, MN

Offline tris

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2020, 09:06:59 AM »
 Its all true - as recorded in the MIB series of documentaries  :grin:
2017 V9 Roamer
2005 Breva 1100 (non ABS) "Bruno" - now sold
1995 Cali 1100 - carby   "Dino" -now SOLD

Online JJ

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2020, 09:41:14 AM »
"To Go Where No Motorcycle Has Gone Before...."  :laugh: :grin: :wink: :shocked: :rolleyes:

'98 V10 Centauro GT
'14 Victory Vision Tour
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Offline Lannis

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2020, 10:05:52 AM »

Something to kick around.  Any opinion is a good as any others since this is the unbelievable and unknown territory.

I thought that we rational humans were all into "Science" these days and that if we lived by the Science we would all be happier.

An "opinion" that's "as good as any others" and is "unbelievable and unknown" sounds like the exact opposite of "Science" ... ?   :huh:

That's why few appear to be reading it, I suspect.   I'm not going to be moved off a position of ridicule by reading equally ridiculous things ... !   :evil:

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline cliffrod

• Guzzi Hero
  • AC Button II
    • Carolina Sculpture Studio
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2020, 11:11:39 AM »
Any opinion is a good as any others since this is the unbelievable and unknown territory.

I thought that we rational humans were all into "Science" these days and that if we lived by the Science we would all be happier.

An "opinion" that's "as good as any others" and is "unbelievable and unknown" sounds like the exact opposite of "Science" ... ?   :huh:

That's why few appear to be reading it, I suspect.   I'm not going to be moved off a position of ridicule by reading equally ridiculous things ... !   :evil:

Lannis

Sounds like Postmodernism.  Facts and truth are only relevant if and/or when necessary, which includes all manner of science and so many other things.    Opinions matter more than anything else.

My post about critical stupidity mass is at least as serious as it is about being funny.  If reality doesn't matter on earth any more, what does?  Postmodernism has been the trend for the past 2-3 decades.  If that's the case, what do humans have to offer to them?  As long as humans cannot get their stuff together to project their presence off the earth in an effective manner to threaten their way of life, they would theoretically be inferior/subordinate to alien beings capable of doing exactly that.  So why would they bother with us?  If humans cannot handle the level of reality on earth without dismissing it to justify their own ways, how could they be of benefit to a greater existance if matters about time warp travel, vastly superior weaponry, ?? were revealed to us?

Alien Cpt Kirk and Alien Mr Spock would likely have the same "no interference policy" as per Starfleet directive- mark the space map, leave us to be stupid or get it right on our own and maybe check in once & a while while they continue the search for actual intelligent life. 

That's why those round flying saucers have the big bubble in the middle.  That isn't the cockpit or command bridge.  It's the giant popcorn maker.
1973 V7 Sport  "Now THAT'S a motorcycle!"-  Master Sculptor Giuliano Cecchinelli
1967 V700 Corsa Record
1964 Ducati 250
eccetera, eccetera...

http://carolinasculpturestudio.com/
Carolina Sculpture Studio Channel on YouTube-
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzSYaYdis55gE-vqifzjA6A

Online ozarquebus

• Grand Canyon Pack Rat
  • Guzzi Hero
  • Riding since 1979, 2 years on (under) a Guzzi.
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2020, 11:20:24 AM »
quote from original post:

"Something to kick around.  Any opinion is a good as any others since this is the unbelievable and unknown territory. "

Presumably, we will all find out about the aliens when global warming gets to the point they must intervene directly to save the planet.

Then we can all go back to driving gasser dragsters to work.
John
1000SPII (Rally Ready)
V1000 G5 (on the road)
2 Converts (mating to merge into one)

Online LowRyter

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2020, 02:14:27 PM »

Lannis

There's no science here.  It's just whatever you want to believe with limited information or perhaps hoaxes and lies mixed in.   
John L 

Online Chuck in Indiana

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2020, 03:49:10 PM »
I'll throw a log on the fire. I've posted the entire story before, but I saw a UFO one time when I was flying Mouser. It was a chrome sphere, *very* fast, and didn't "fly" in the normal sense. I'm *not* saying it was intelligent life, but I've been identifying flying things all my life and I couldn't identify it. To me, that is an Unidentified Flying Object.  :smiley:
Is there life in the universe besides us? The math says it is certain. We live on the outer edge of one of the spiral arms of the Milky Way galaxy that contains billions of stars. There are billions of galaxies..
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

02 Scura RC
87 AeroLario
79 G5
95 Skorpion tour

I think senility is going to be a fairly smooth transition for me..

Offline oldbike54

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2020, 04:04:34 PM »
 Beam me up Scotty , there is no intelligent life on this planet  :grin:

I agree with Chuckie , the sheer number of solar systems pretty much guarantees millions of other inhabited planets , kinda holding out for one resembling Risa .

Dusty
watchdog got rabies , the foreman got the fleas
 everyone concerned about industrial disease .

Online LowRyter

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2020, 04:08:50 PM »
Beam me up Scotty , there is no intelligent life on this planet  :grin:

I agree with Chuckie , the sheer number of solar systems pretty much guarantees millions of other inhabited planets , kinda holding out for one resembling Risa .

Dusty

from the moderator's perspective.   :wink:
John L 

Offline Pdmartin

• New Goose
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2020, 05:19:54 PM »
Any intelligent aliens are simply waiting for us to achieve critical stupidity mass to resolve any problems or threats we pose completely on our own.  They have better things to do. 

This is a good spot for an alien-eating-popcorn emoji....

If they are really smarter than us they will hide as long as possible. They don’t want our messes.

Offline john fish

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2020, 05:34:13 PM »
They've been here for millennia.

He lost the run of himself.

Online V7Record

• Weekend Warrior
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2020, 06:18:42 PM »
Saved this about 15 years ago, it fits with this thread... sorry for the length.

Meat

Imagine if you will... the leader of the fifth invader force speaking to the commander in chief...

"They're made out of meat."

"Meat?"

"Meat. They're made out of meat."

"Meat?"

"There's no doubt about it. We picked several from different parts of the planet, took them aboard our recon vessels, probed them all the way through. They're completely meat."

"That's impossible. What about the radio signals? The messages to the stars."

"They use the radio waves to talk, but the signals don't come from them. The signals come from machines."

"So who made the machines? That's who we want to contact."

"They made the machines. That's what I'm trying to tell you. Meat made the machines."

"That's ridiculous. How can meat make a machine? You're asking me to believe in sentient meat."

"I'm not asking you, I'm telling you. These creatures are the only sentient race in the sector and they're made out of meat."

"Maybe they're like the Orfolei. You know, a carbon-based intelligence that goes through a meat stage."

"Nope. They're born meat and they die meat. We studied them for several of their life spans, which didn't take too long. Do you have any idea the life span of meat?"

"Spare me. Okay, maybe they're only part meat. You know, like the Weddilei. A meat head with an electron plasma brain inside."

"Nope. We thought of that, since they do have meat heads like the Weddilei. But I told you, we probed them. They're meat all the way through."

"No brain?"

"Oh, there is a brain all right. It's just that the brain is made out of meat!"

"So... what does the thinking?"

"You're not understanding, are you? The brain does the thinking. The meat."

"Thinking meat! You're asking me to believe in thinking meat!"

"Yes, thinking meat! Conscious meat! Loving meat. Dreaming meat. The meat is the whole deal! Are you getting the picture?"

"Omigod. You're serious then. They're made out of meat."

"Finally, Yes. They are indeed made out of meat. And they've been trying to get in touch with us for almost a hundred of their years."

"So what does the meat have in mind?"

"First it wants to talk to us. Then I imagine it wants to explore the universe, contact other sentients, swap ideas and information. The usual."

"We're supposed to talk to meat?"

"That's the idea. That's the message they're sending out by radio. 'Hello. Anyone out there? Anyone home?' That sort of thing."

"They actually do talk, then. They use words, ideas, concepts?"

"Oh, yes. Except they do it with meat."

"I thought you just told me they used radio."

"They do, but what do you think is on the radio? Meat sounds. You know how when you slap or flap meat it makes a noise? They talk by flapping their meat at each other. They can even sing by squirting air through their meat."

"Omigod. Singing meat. This is altogether too much. So what do you advise?"

"Officially or unofficially?"

"Both."

"Officially, we are required to contact, welcome, and log in any and all sentient races or multibeings in the quadrant, without prejudice, fear, or favor. Unofficially, I advise that we erase the records and forget the whole thing."

"I was hoping you would say that."

"It seems harsh, but there is a limit. Do we really want to make contact with meat?"

"I agree one hundred percent. What's there to say?" `Hello, meat. How's it going?' But will this work? How many planets are we dealing with here?"

"Just one. They can travel to other planets in special meat containers, but they can't live on them. And being meat, they only travel through C space. Which limits them to the speed of light and makes the possibility of their ever making contact pretty slim. Infinitesimal, in fact."

"So we just pretend there's no one home in the universe."

"That's it."

"Cruel. But you said it yourself, who wants to meet meat? And the ones who have been aboard our vessels, the ones you have probed? You're sure they won't remember?"

"They'll be considered crackpots if they do. We went into their heads and smoothed out their meat so that we're just a dream to them."

"A dream to meat! How strangely appropriate, that we should be meat's dream."

"And we can mark this sector unoccupied."

"Good. Agreed, officially and unofficially. Case closed. Any others? Anyone interesting on that side of the galaxy?"

"Yes, a rather shy but sweet hydrogen core cluster intelligence in a class nine star in G445 zone. Was in contact two galactic rotations ago, wants to be friendly again."

"They always come around."

"And why not? Imagine how unbearably, how unutterably cold the universe would be if one were all alone."

Offline SIR REAL ED

• Guzzi Hero
  • uh.... it's personal....
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2020, 06:18:56 PM »
It's interesting that no one commenting has bothered to look at the original post but instead defaulting to strongly held positions of ridicule.

I read the OP.  I think it is very close minded to not believe there is life on other planets.  It is the equivalent of thinking there is no life on other islands when obviously there is life on one's home island.

Seeing, or experiencing is believing.  Very similar to Bigfoot sightings, those who have seen them know they exist.  Those who haven't can either believe the witnesses or not believe them.

Also very similar to hearing about someone's religious epiphany.  What is in our personal background defines what we think possible.

Fascinating to read about the experiences of others, then to ponder possibilities.

Also cool to see so many of the phenomena have been occurring for centuries, or that human imagination has not changed much.

Now if ET lands his spaceship, and rides out on a Moto Guzzi, and then starts proselytizing about the best kind of motor oil to use......
"There's two kinds of people in the world; those for whom no explanation is necessary, and those for whom no explanation is possible."

2016 KTM Duke 690
2019 Beta EVO 250
1982 Yamaha Seca 650
1999 Suzuki DR 650 w/790cc kit
1976 Kawasaki KE 175
1986 Honda XL600R

Online Chuck in Indiana

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2020, 06:27:20 PM »
Saved this about 15 years ago, it fits with this thread... sorry for the length.
:grin: :thumb:
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

02 Scura RC
87 AeroLario
79 G5
95 Skorpion tour

I think senility is going to be a fairly smooth transition for me..

Offline john fish

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2020, 06:28:00 PM »
In the weird synchronicity vein, this just popped up on my FB feed:

Offline SIR REAL ED

• Guzzi Hero
  • uh.... it's personal....
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2020, 06:30:12 PM »
In the weird synchronicity vein, this just popped up on my FB feed:

Hopefully at least one of them is female.....
"There's two kinds of people in the world; those for whom no explanation is necessary, and those for whom no explanation is possible."

2016 KTM Duke 690
2019 Beta EVO 250
1982 Yamaha Seca 650
1999 Suzuki DR 650 w/790cc kit
1976 Kawasaki KE 175
1986 Honda XL600R

Online John A

• Guzzi Hero
  • No way to slow down...
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2020, 07:05:54 PM »
The news reports about this is what they call “soft disclosure “ to ease the impact on humanity.
John
MGNOC L-471
It is easier to fool people than it is to convince them that they have been fooled-Mark Twain

Online Zoom Zoom

• Guzzi Hero
  • Northeast Ohio
« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2020, 07:11:13 PM »
"To Go Where No Motorcycle Has Gone Before...."  :laugh: :grin: :wink: :shocked: :rolleyes:

I see the resemblance JJ. I think Moby Dick is the wrong namee for your shuttle craft. How about Galileo NCC 1701/5  :cool:

Don't forget the nav lights.

John Henry
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 08:19:27 PM by Zoom Zoom »
A wide, unfettered road ahead,
and the flying motor singing.
Samuel C. Lancaster 1921

Online DesertPilot

• Weekend Warrior
« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2020, 07:55:09 PM »
They're just scouting out our planet before they invade to harvest us as food animals or keep us as beloved household pets.  I'll be going for 'beloved household pet' myself.  I look forward to pushing laser pistols off the table and sleeping on the controls for the antimatter reactor  :grin:

Online JJ

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2020, 08:10:16 PM »
I see the resemblance JJ. I think Moby Dick is the wrong mane for your shuttle craft. How about Galileo NCC 1701/5  :cool:

Don't forget the nav lights.

John Henry

Yes, everyone pokes fun of poor "Moby Dick".... until they actually experience a ride in top gear on the freeway at 75-80mph.... :wink:

'98 V10 Centauro GT
'14 Victory Vision Tour
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Offline john fish

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2020, 08:48:58 PM »
They're just scouting out our planet before they invade to harvest us as food animals or keep us as beloved household pets.  I'll be going for 'beloved household pet' myself.  I look forward to pushing laser pistols off the table and sleeping on the controls for the antimatter reactor  :grin:

Ok, that's just funny as hell.  :)

And JJ-- I've come to really like the looks of those Visions.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here