Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: never heard of this happening before...
« Last post by blackcat on Today at 07:48:59 AM »
Not exactly the same but the original Bosch starter on my CX would never crank consistently so I replaced it with a Valeo but the Bosch starter worked perfectly fine on my 1000S so it sat on the shelf until I acquired the Lemans and it works fine on that bike. I assume it must be the ring gear but it’s never been an issue with the Valeo.
General Discussion / Re: April meet n greet lunch, Ga/Tn/Nc etc
« Last post by bobrebos1 on March 28, 2024, 07:51:42 PM »
Just bumping up! 
General Discussion / Re: NGC Shoulder surgery??
« Last post by bobrebos1 on March 28, 2024, 07:46:57 PM »
Best of luck to you. I'll be following you this summer 🤕

Good luck to you on your surgery!
General Discussion / Re: never heard of this happening before...
« Last post by SIR REAL ED on March 28, 2024, 07:40:35 PM »

I can understand the idea of the gear not disengaging from the flywheel, but it blows my mind that the starter motor would have enough braking power to prevent the motor from running faster than starter speed.

I would have thought that the engine would simply over power the starter.

What are the odds?  The motor actually is running, but at the same exact rpm as the starter, so essentially it seems like the motor is not running!!

It would have been fascinating to put a volt meter and ammeter on the battery and if the starter was drawing almost no current since the engine was actually running.

What a cool experiment.  Drive for miles and miles as long as your thumb is on the starter button......

Unintentional hybrid motorcycle!!
General Discussion / What fork oil weight for 2008 1200 Sport?
« Last post by willowstreetguzziguy on March 28, 2024, 07:39:55 PM »
Getting ready to change fork oil and seals. What weight fork oil should I get?

5 wt? 10 wt?
« Last post by Matteo on March 28, 2024, 06:53:08 PM »
Best of luck to you. I'll be following you this summer 🤕
« Last post by bobrebos1 on March 28, 2024, 03:10:56 PM »
Best of luck on your surgery, and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

-Stretch

Thank you Stretch! 
General Discussion / Re: western us road trip advice
« Last post by Motormike on March 28, 2024, 02:48:15 PM »
Just keep a close eye on the weather in May.  I've been snowed on (motorcycle) in Bryce Canyon and had to flee to lower elevations, and one May I was completely caught out on I-15 near Beaver, Utah.  Rain turned into a complete blizzard.  Had to abandon the bike in a roadside rest area.  Thought I might be spending the night in the men's room (heated, thank goodness! :tongue:) but a friendly trucker took me into Cedar City for a motel room overnight.  By noon the next day, the roads were clear again, the hotel manager was kind enough to drive me out to my bike, and I was able to continue on my way.  The point of all this is the weather can change out west with little warning.  It's the elevation that gets you. 
General Discussion / Re: V100 California Merged Threadfest
« Last post by Moparnut72 on March 28, 2024, 02:01:36 PM »
This has got me wondering. I purchased a V100 not quite six months ago. I traded my Audace a couple of years ago because it got to be too much for me. I traded it for a T120, more of a middle weight cruiser type of bike. MG didn't make anything in that range. I already also had a V7lll but didn't think it suited me as a long distance tourer so when the V100 hit the market the T120 was traded for the V100. I am a Guzzi guy after all. The V100 isn't quite the bike for me but it fills the bill and I like it a lot. But now if they are going to build a California with the 100 motor it might be more to my liking if it isn't a heavy monster. But I am not trading again, I will ride my Mandello as long as I can and finish with my V7. But when the time comes maybe I will finish on a Vespa but I will probably be too far gone for one of those when I can't handle the V7 any longer. Getting old is the pits but it is better than the alternative.
kk
General Discussion / Re: V100 California Merged Threadfest
« Last post by JJ on March 28, 2024, 01:12:57 PM »
"Monster Cruiser!!"  :rolleyes: :shocked: :huh: :wink: :bow: :thumb: :cool: :boozing:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here