Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
2017 Roamer for sale here:
https://www.nationalpowersports.net/itemdetails.cshtml?itemid=60567

Pegs look pretty neutral. Have they been moved? What am I missing...?

That's the revised controls - basically same as everything else, including V7s.

And that's a looker. I still think about getting rid of our Carbon Dark and replacing it with one.

I'm just not sure I gain enough to make up for all I lose (a ton of accessories and the larger fuel tank).

But I still consider it.
2015/16-2017: Very forward footpegs
2018-2020: Less forward footpegs
2021-on: Engine power increased from 55 to 65 PS.

Thanks!

Having never having ridden anything but mid-control bikes, I think I'd likely prefer 2018-2020...?

Is Gen. 1 being recommended over Gen. 2 for price alone, or is there another reason?

I gotta comment on this.

FIRST - NONE of the V9 bikes were in any way, shape, or form the same as the "forward" controls on say many Harleys, the Triumph Bobber, or even that RE you posted earlier.

SECOND - Guzzi made kits available on the 15-17 ones that relocated the controls back to the same point as the 18+ ones. Those kits were free by request for US models but I can't say how prevalent they were. I've seen some in both configurations on the used market.

THIRD - whatever you want to call the position of the 2018+ models it's basically the same as the position on same year V7s. I compared them back-to-back and took photos when I demo'd the BS twice - posted here about it. Maybe there's a perception that the V9 is more forward still than the V7 because of slight differences in seating positions etc. The V9s (and V7III+) all have a lower seat height than the Heron head models. And there are side cover and seat width differences that make the V9s slightly more slender than some V7s, which makes legs feel longer because they are more straight and less bowed.

FOURTH - and lastly - IF you ride a first Gen V9 and compare it to the 2021+ models with "more power" you MIGHT be unhappy with the later ones (like I was). You see the "magic motor" is that first gen. The specs don't tell the what I purposely rode hundreds of miles to verify (demo again because I couldn't get my head around the first day I rode it). The damn thing just plain felt more torquey and very similar to my Cali 1100 Jackal. I don't think the same is true for the later ones that not share the motor/tune/specs of the late-model Hemi head V7s. I have no explanation or anything else to say but to try one for yourself because THAT is the juice from the squeeze that definies these bikes as the "closest thing to a modern Ambo/Eldo whatever". 
General Discussion / Re: WildGuzzi Tag-O-Rama
« Last post by FarmallA on Today at 11:51:09 AM »
The Covered Bridge in Sheffield, MA.

New tag:
A distillery!  this one is also in Sheffield MA.

FarmallA
Steve
General Discussion / Re: Gas station mystery NGC
« Last post by slowmover on Today at 11:44:52 AM »
That’s another mystery. Why did it shut off at just the right time? Plus it wouldn’t let me top it off like usual.
General Discussion / Re: Gas station mystery NGC
« Last post by Perazzimx14 on Today at 11:41:00 AM »
There’s a scam where people move the hoses to opposite side of the pump, then stand there and wait. When you pay on your side, the switched hoses puts your gas in their tank.

Unrelated, I once put 4 gallons in my stone and the pump registered 0 gallons pumped. Told manager about it and he found multiple pumps giving away free gas.

How did the guy on the other side of the pump know to only pump 11 gallons into his tank?
General Discussion / Re: Price Check: 2008 Nevada 17,600 miles
« Last post by Perazzimx14 on Today at 11:38:40 AM »
I would love to have another Sportster in the garage if for nothing more than being able to listen to the exhaust notes. In my neck of the woods finding one for $5,000 or less would be neigh on impossible. Prices have even gone up after Harley canned the Evolution models.
kk

Get a Buell Uly and then you can have a functional, comfortable, well handling motorcycle that emits the exhaust note you are yearning for at a decent price point. Nice examples can be had in the $2,500 to $4,500 range.
I have a 2017 V9 Bobber and the pegs seem completely neutral to me.  I was looking for a V7 when I found it and bought it because it seemed close enough to a V7 and was I felt a good deal.  Since then I've fallen in love with it.  It's wonderful to ride, turns in beautifully, and the issue people mention of not being able to tuck your knees in to the tank does not hold true for me.  My knees hit under the tank crease, and other mechanical bits keep my knees of the tank anyway.  Plus it has an analog speedometer.
2017 Roamer for sale here:
https://www.nationalpowersports.net/itemdetails.cshtml?itemid=60567

Pegs look pretty neutral. Have they been moved? What am I missing...?
Keep in mind there may be simple conversions available to pull the controls back to mid-position.

I expected to do that when I picked up the bike and rode it for 10 hours to get home - at first, I sat with just the tip of my toes on the pegs, or used the rear pegs. But now, I like the position of the forward pegs, it feels natural. At least up to about 50 mph. And since I bought the bike to ride slower and enjoy the scenery more, the bike will stay like this.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here