Author Topic: Rex Allen, Wilcox AZ  (Read 2456 times)

Offline John A

• Gaggle Hero
  • No way to slow down...
Rex Allen, Wilcox AZ
« on: December 13, 2018, 08:24:22 AM »
Next time I roll thru Arizona, I believe I'll stop here http://youtu.be/3qsmsmidTlQ
Looks interesting if you like '50's cowboy music
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 08:29:18 AM by John A »
John
MGNOC L-471
It is easier to fool people than it is to convince them that they have been fooled-Mark Twain
99 Bassa, sidecar
02 Stone
84 V65C
15 F3S Spyder

Online JJ

• Gaggle Hero
  • Life is meant to ENJOY...not "endure."
Re: Rex Allen, Wilcox AZ
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 09:40:52 AM »
Next time I roll thru Arizona, I believe I'll stop here http://youtu.be/3qsmsmidTlQ
Looks interesting if you like '50's cowboy music

Wilcox, and the surrounding area is beautiful, and the vineyards and wines produced from this region are getting more and more attention these days! :cool: :thumb: :wink: :smiley:
Life Member: MGNOC L-772, AMA, HOG
'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 10:30:58 AM »
Great Classic Country Star! I'd love to see it!
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Offline groundhog105

• Gosling
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2018, 06:13:11 PM »
I spent a day in this little town and area.  I took my 91 year old dad back to a ranch he worked as a cowboy in the early 40s when he was 15 years old.  The same family run the ranch and have owned it since the mid 1800s.  It is a beautiful area and the family were very gracious in taking us in and showing my Dad the old homestead and bunkhouse he worked out of.   Definitely a different pace of life.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2018, 06:13:11 PM »

Offline bigbikerrick

• Gaggle Hero
  • 73 Eldo, 98 V 11 ,12 Ural Gear Up, 76 Convert,
  • Location: Southeastern corner of Arizona, right next to "Old Mexico, and New Mexico"
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2018, 10:19:14 PM »
If you go there, be sure to check out the Chiricahua National Monument aka "Wonderland of rocks" Its very close to Willcox and like no place else on earth! :thumb:
I live about an hour and a half away,
Rick.

https://www.nps.gov/chir/index.htm
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 10:21:26 PM by bigbikerrick »
"You meet the most interesting people on a Guzzi"

Online JJ

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2018, 07:33:18 AM »
If you go there, be sure to check out the Chiricahua National Monument aka "Wonderland of rocks" Its very close to Willcox and like no place else on earth! :thumb:
I live about an hour and a half away,
Rick.

https://www.nps.gov/chir/index.htm

Agree with bigbikerick 100%!! :thumb: :cool: :wink:  Take a few hours to go hiking through there...Magnificent!!  These images are from March 2014 :thumb: :cool: :smiley:

'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Offline jbell

• Gaggle Mentor
  • Some progress
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2018, 11:00:57 AM »
Bisbee used to be a very cool town.  Don't know how it is now.  Almost bought a vacation duplex there in the late '70's for $20K but took a job offer in Texas instead.  Bet that duplex is $200K, now.  Great area if you're into rocks and minerals.
'75 Ducati 860 GT  On the road
'76 Guzzi T3   Future project
'78 Guzzi G5  Current project
'81 Guzzi G5  Organ donor
'92 BMW K75RT  On the road
'16 Triumph Thruxton R  "Holy Moly"  Gone but not forgotten, sigh.

"Be yourself, everyone else is taken".......Oscar Wilde

Offline bigbikerrick

• Gaggle Hero
  • Location: Southeastern corner of Arizona, right next to "Old Mexico, and New Mexico"
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2018, 01:39:22 PM »
Bisbee used to be a very cool town.  Don't know how it is now.  Almost bought a vacation duplex there in the late '70's for $20K but took a job offer in Texas instead.  Bet that duplex is $200K, now.  Great area if you're into rocks and minerals.
Bisbee IS a cool little town, 20 minutes from my front door. Its my usual ride to destination, if I want to do a nice 1-2 hour ride. They have a cool coffee shop in downtown old Bisbee,that is a destination for motorcyclists from all over southern Arizona. Parking one of my old Guzzis in front, while sipping an espresso is fun, and always leads to interesting conversation.
  Bisbee also lays claim to being the place with the best year round weather on earth!  They have a mural down town stating so.
  I may take a ride up there a little later today, I will take a picture of the Mural to show you guys.
Rick.

Online JJ

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2018, 06:19:44 PM »
Bisbee IS a cool little town, 20 minutes from my front door. Its my usual ride to destination, if I want to do a nice 1-2 hour ride. They have a cool coffee shop in downtown old Bisbee,that is a destination for motorcyclists from all over southern Arizona. Parking one of my old Guzzis in front, while sipping an espresso is fun, and always leads to interesting conversation.
  Bisbee also lays claim to being the place with the best year round weather on earth!  They have a mural down town stating so.
  I may take a ride up there a little later today, I will take a picture of the Mural to show you guys.
Rick.

bigbikerick is CORRECT on all fronts...Bisbee is a WAY COOL historic old mining town and definitely worth a visit. 

I was last there in October 2012.  A few images from that two-wheel adventure. :thumb: :smiley: :wink:  :cool:

'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Offline bigbikerrick

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2018, 10:30:45 PM »
Hey JJ, Thanks for posting the cool pics. especially the one of the best weather on earth! :thumb:
   I was going to ride up there this afternoon, and shoot a picture of that mural, but a friend stopped by to visit, and I never got a chance afterwards to head up there.
  Today was one of the coldest days we have had lately, with a day time high of 59F. Brrrr!  Tomorrow its supposed to be in the 60s, so I plan to take  full advantage of the "best weather on earth" and take a ride.
Yes, I am a wimp! :smiley:
Rick.

Online JJ

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2018, 12:15:37 PM »
Hey JJ, Thanks for posting the cool pics. especially the one of the best weather on earth! :thumb:
   I was going to ride up there this afternoon, and shoot a picture of that mural, but a friend stopped by to visit, and I never got a chance afterwards to head up there.
  Today was one of the coldest days we have had lately, with a day time high of 59F. Brrrr!  Tomorrow its supposed to be in the 60s, so I plan to take  full advantage of the "best weather on earth" and take a ride.
Yes, I am a wimp! :smiley:
Rick.

Your welcome bigbikerick!! :wink: :thumb: :cool:  A few more images to wet everyone's appetite!!  Again, definitely worth a visit anytime!! :smiley:

'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Offline toolittletime

• Gosling
    • mysportgear.com
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2018, 02:13:53 PM »
I will have to check it out.......will be near Tombstone in Feb and March.......maybe a meet?
Tim
X-MSF Instructor
MGNOC 22710
12 Norge
2002 Cali EV
74 Eldorado

Offline bigbikerrick

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2018, 02:15:16 PM »
Hey JJ, great pics! I see you guys went through the queen mine tour. Thats a real adventure! The "honey wagon" as they call it is interesting ( rolling toilet). It had to be weird to see two miners sitting there pinching a loaf after lunch! :azn:
  Its been about 20 years since I went underground on the tour. I remember the guys working there as guides were old retired miners that had actually worked that shaft, and they always had interesting and funny stories to tell. I remember one of the stories was that the newbie miners had the  dubious duty of cleaning out the "honey wagon", and they had a bunch of jokes relating to that job.
  The mines in Bisbee closed around 1973-74, and its been a quaint tourist destination now that is very unique, has great riding roads,and  is deffinitely worth visiting!   :thumb:
  If any of you folks visit there, get ahold of me, I would love to meet up with you for a coffee, or lunch, or to just show you around.
Rick.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here