Author Topic: Griso injector leak  (Read 442 times)

Offline Trogladyte

• Gosling
  • Location: South London - home of the world's best football team.
Griso injector leak
« on: June 27, 2019, 05:20:27 PM »
Can someone just tell me how this is supposed to work?

This is a 2008 1200 Griso. I hadn't ridden the bike for a while as I have been playing with a Superduke 1290R and a 675 Daytona. But that's another story.

I rode the Griso to work yesterday and all was fine. But this morning when I switched on, the right injector just pissed fuel. I didn't have time to investigate, so went on another bike.

When I investigated this evening, I found that the whole injector assembly was loose, and the fuel supply had come away from the injector. Now it looks as though the injector seals into the head as a push fit with an o-ring, and that there is a similar push fit and o-ring into the fuel banjo, the whole lot being secured by the single socket head bolt that also secures the plastic guard.

I have reassembled it like that, and we are up and running. But I'm just puzzled that all this stuff is held together and sealed by the clamping force of a single bolt. Is that right, or am I missing something?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 05:21:57 PM by Trogladyte »

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Griso injector leak
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2019, 06:18:13 PM »
<scratching head> Why wouldn't a bolt do the job?
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

pete roper

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2019, 06:46:51 PM »
Yup, that's right. As Chuck says, why would it need more than a single bolt?

Offline Trogladyte

• Gosling
  • Location: South London - home of the world's best football team.
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2019, 07:44:41 AM »
Yeah - fair comment. I'm not sure why the single bolt seemed inadequate. I think I was probably imagining fuel at very high pressure being held back by a puny fixing that was also holding a bit of bodywork. But now that I think about it, the fuel pressure is probably not that great.

Anyway, it all seems to work, so thanks for reassuring me that the way I have assembled it sounds right.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 07:45:45 AM by Trogladyte »

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2019, 07:44:41 AM »

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here