Author Topic: Breva 750 loan bike - sluggish or what!  (Read 10939 times)

Offline Trogladyte

• Gosling
  • Location: South London - home of the world's best football team.
Re: Breva 750 loan bike - sluggish or what!
« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2016, 11:30:48 AM »
Actually that went over my head, but it's funny, I'll claim that and use it, thanks.
:wink:

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2016, 11:41:12 AM »
Where in sarf London ?

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2016, 11:43:36 AM »
Where you from on sarf London

Offline Trogladyte

• Gosling
  • Location: South London - home of the world's best football team.
« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2016, 02:57:10 PM »
Where you from on sarf London
I've been migrating sarf over the years. Started in Peckham, then 15 years in Brixton, 7 years in Mitcham, and have been here in Wallington for 7 years. I can't go any further sarf as the wife is a proper born and bred Londoner, and doesn't believe there is civilisation outside the M25.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 02:58:04 PM by Trogladyte »

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2016, 02:57:10 PM »

Offline atavar

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2016, 06:15:10 PM »
When I ride the 750 Breva I would certainly not call it fast, but I would absolutely call it quick and agile.  When attacking urban environments the 750 is way more agile than the Norge.  Diving and pushing through city corners and traffic the bike seems rather bored even when I am hitting my limits, it lets me know it can do better.  I think on a circuitous route through town (given equal riders) the Breva would get to the bar a half a beer ahead of the Norge, but lets face it, straight line with stoplights the Norge will run away from the Breva. CC's win out in that bet.
Granted for straight line acceleration many of the tiny hybrids and vans are going to leave the baby Breva in the dust, but get in to the twisties or corners and the Breva is way more than capable.
You do have to use the gears on the Breva, this is not a musclebound torque machine, but then listening to it run up and down the gears is a great part of the fun. 
Bear in mind that I am a 300 pound rider, so me on this "little" bike is not a kind thing or a pretty sight. 
I would not hesitate to take the baby Breva on a coast to coast tour if the Norge were laid up.  I would have to make judicious use of gearing though and stay within the limits of the bike. (disclaimer - I once did a coast to coaster on a 450 Honda twin)
2008 Norge - Black Wing Squadron

Offline drums4money

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2016, 07:27:11 PM »
I got the bikes off the charger last weekend for the 1st time since mid-Dec.  Felt like they'd all gained 20%HP.  The seat-of-the-pants'ometer is way far out of calibratedness after a few months.
hypocrite, four flusher, snake in the grass, just a swindler and wolf in sheep's clothing...liar

1200 Sport , Monster S2R, MV Agusta B3 800

Old School Audio:
http://oldschoolaudio.wix.com/headphones

Offline AZRider

• Hatchling
« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2016, 10:52:19 PM »
I was helping staff the Guzzi tent at one of the big rallies when the Breva came to the States. For most of a day, I was chase rider for the demos. Customers got choice of models, so staff was often left with the Breva. I took it every time because despite the low power, handling was superb. Just the right bike when bringing up the rear of a group of riders accustomed to Harleys, going into the first turn on Guzzis. They had never cornered like the ride leaders, and they were used to brakes about as effective as rubbing a stick against the tire, so the first corner wass always a Ringling Bros production. The Breva was unflappable while corner braking, often hard.

And yes I did hit the rev limiter almost every shift.
Trying out the motorcycle life from the other side of the counter.

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here