Author Topic: Griso indicator - dash warning  (Read 3103 times)

Offline Trogladyte

• Gosling
  • Location: South London - home of the world's best football team.
Griso indicator - dash warning
« on: April 07, 2017, 05:32:10 PM »
I'm puzzled.

I got a dash warning - red triangle with a bulb icon and an arrow to the left. It came and went as I drove home. When I got home, I changed the bulbs. But I'm still getting intermittent warnings..

I'm guessing I must have a wiring fault. It all looks fine in the vicinity of the indicators, but I've not been right in there. Would a wiring fault trigger the warning? What is it actually measuring?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 05:32:42 PM by Trogladyte »

pete roper

Re: Griso indicator - dash warning
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 06:06:10 PM »
When its illuminated hit the indicators on that side, the dash LED will flash double-time, glance down and see if the front one is flashing. If it is it's the rear one that is the problem. My guess is it will be the connectors in the tailpiece. If it isn't it will be the small spades on the globe holders themselves but I'll give dollars to donuts it will be the connectors in the tail. They're pretty crappy.

Pete

Offline Trogladyte

• Gosling
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 06:07:55 PM »
Yep. Rear left seems to be the problem then.

How do you access the connectors?

pete roper

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 06:24:38 PM »
They're up in the tail by the tail light. They're a bit of a bugger to get to but it's possible if you remove the snorkel or just take off the airbox lid. Then fish about and hold your tongue in the right position!  :grin: Saves having to take the rear bodywork off which is a pain if you have luggage.

Pete

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 06:24:38 PM »

Offline Trogladyte

• Gosling
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2017, 07:02:12 AM »
Yeah. Thanks.

Arse. I thought it might be them. I had the bodywork off a month or two ago to fit a rear rack. What a pain that was. I really don't want to do it again. So you reckon a fishing expedition might work?

pete roper

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2017, 07:28:46 AM »
Mine does it sometimes. I sort of grope around up the back while the indicators are on and arrange them so it works. It may take a couple of try's but once sorted it won't do it again for 6-12 months. Yes I should go in and do it properly but I'm a lazy slob so I just poke it when it indicates it requires a poke. I knew a girl like that once......

Offline Trogladyte

• Gosling
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2017, 05:01:14 PM »
Mine does it sometimes. I sort of grope around up the back while the indicators are on and arrange them so it works. It may take a couple of try's but once sorted it won't do it again for 6-12 months. Yes I should go in and do it properly but I'm a lazy slob so I just poke it when it indicates it requires a poke. I knew a girl like that once......
You're a genius.

I got in there nearly up to my elbow and had a good old rummage. I had no idea what I was messing with up there, but I messed with it anyway. Reminded me of a girl I knew too.

And, miraculously, I am no longer getting the error, and my indicators are working!

I will turn my attention to the oil leak - I suspect the oil pressure switch.

Offline Trogladyte

• Gosling
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2019, 12:01:30 PM »
And of course, it's doing it again.

I guess it needs another poke up the rear. So to speak.

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here