Author Topic: 8v Griso persisent misfire  (Read 1415 times)

Offline Trogladyte

• Gosling
  • Location: South London - home of the world's best football team.
8v Griso persisent misfire
« on: May 22, 2017, 06:12:03 PM »
This is puzzling me.

For a while I've had the classic running on one when wet symptoms. Its been getting worse, so I thought I'd better tackle it. The issue is on the left cylinder.

I'm already running NGK plug caps but I got some new ones anyway. Fitted  new cap and new HT lead, but even in the dry I'm still getting a slight misfire - misses a few beats at low revs after changing up from time to time. I can't see any signs of arcing and I can't see any arcing when running in the dark.

What's next?

Incidentally, I don't understand how Fowlers can justify £50 of your Eengleesh pounds for an HT lead. I mean, for real? I ddn't pay that - I got a length of HT lead from Gutsibits. And £670 for a full loom. R.U. Sirius?

beetle

Re: 8v Griso persisent misfire
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 06:47:28 PM »
Check the ECU connector for corrosion?

Online lucian

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 07:34:09 PM »
Are you sure it's a misfire, or maybe a cough or hiccup back through the throttle bodies. Has the sacred stop screw been tampered with?

beetle

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 09:01:51 PM »
Yeah. ^^^^^^. What lucian said.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 09:01:51 PM »

pete roper

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 10:02:51 PM »
Excessive lean-ness will cause spitting back through the TB's. What map are you running if non-stock? If you're running the stock closed loop map any messing with the throttle stop screws or linkage rod can cause a host of problems as its already trimming down to lean as buggery.

Pete

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2017, 10:50:07 PM »
An old fashioned approach I admit, but is it possible to change the 12 V feed to the opposite coil/s and cross the plug leads to see if the failure moves to the other side ? Would positively eliminate coil and plug leads etc as a possible cause. Not conclusive, but if it's rpm related, more likely a fuelling issue ? I'm clueless in this area so I hope that wasn't too stupid. Are the plugs burning the same colour each side ?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 10:56:52 PM by Huzo »

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2017, 10:58:42 PM »
This is puzzling me.

For a while I've had the classic running on one when wet symptoms. Its been getting worse, so I thought I'd better tackle it. The issue is on the left cylinder.

I'm already running NGK plug caps but I got some new ones anyway. Fitted  new cap and new HT lead, but even in the dry I'm still getting a slight misfire - misses a few beats at low revs after changing up from time to time. I can't see any signs of arcing and I can't see any arcing when running in the dark.

What's next?

Incidentally, I don't understand how Fowlers can justify £50 of your Eengleesh pounds for an HT lead. I mean, for real? I ddn't pay that - I got a length of HT lead from Gutsibits. And £670 for a full loom. R.U. Sirius?
Worth getting Paul from Corsa to check it out ? He's in Epsom.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here