Author Topic: If Mandello built this ...  (Read 5463 times)

Offline agoldfish

• New Egg
If Mandello built this ...
« on: September 22, 2016, 04:11:51 AM »
1981 V50 Monza Café
1982 V50 Monza in bits
1957 IWL PITY
1992 Ducati Supersport 900
1984 Vespa PX 187 Longstroke Motor
2003 Aprilia Mille RSV-R

Offline Devildog

• Gaggle Mentor
Re: If Mandello built this ...
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 06:51:27 AM »
What happened to the seat in the last two pics? The foam collapse?
'93 Daytona 1000
'95 Sport 1100
'98 Ducati 900 SS Final Edition
2002 Aprilia RSV Mille R
'10 GasGas e250 FE

Offline fotoguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • vee git tooh soon oldt und too late wise -my Dad
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2016, 06:54:58 AM »
MINNEAPOLIS, MN

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2016, 06:57:07 AM »
What happened to the seat in the last two pics? The foam collapse?

It went the same place that the air filters, the mufflers, and the rest of the front fender went ...
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2016, 06:57:07 AM »

Offline chuck peterson

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2016, 07:26:01 AM »
Hey, a guzzi husquvarna!
"I'd like to thank all my friends who have kept my Guzzi's going, but mostly...TOMB."
150k on Verts
750 Nevada
400f
R5 Yammie
BV250
4x 1976 Moto Demm Smily,, now 5, oops now 6, oops now 7
1980 SP1000 in little bits and pieces

pete roper

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2016, 03:36:53 PM »
Oh fer, OK, you want Guzzi to go back to building non compliant, antiquated shitters designed by a hipster with access to photoshop? Well, I hate to say it but your wish has been granted!

The new ones are smart in the engine management department and to a degree powerplant and driveline design which will probably scare you off but as far as chassis technology and appearance are concerned they should be making a bit of wee come out! After all, if you admire a photoshoped pic of a munty old Quota, (which were a nightmare to tune btw.) with a five speed gearbox dressed up in a bunch of masturbatory bling I'd guess you are a full-on poster child for the Piaggio marketing droids who are so determined to kill the company.

Carry on.

Offline mentalfloss

• Hatchling
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2016, 03:40:29 PM »
That has my name all over it.... I wonder how much? :popcorn: :bike-037:
Guzzi's in the barn then and ... now:
2013 Guzzi Stelvio
1986 Guzzi V 65 TT (keeper!)
1985 Guzzi Le Mans IV ( sold after riding 26k miles on it)
1980 Guzzi v50 II (sweet! and sold)
2009 Guzzi Stelvio (Rode it 30k + in 2 years sad but gone)
2000 Guzzi Quota (sold but want another!

Online PJPR01

• Gaggle Hero
  • Norge, Scura, Griso
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2016, 04:01:32 PM »
Unbelievably bad timing on the naming of the bike...considering the earthquake (terremoto) in Amatrice, Italy.  I certainly hope they realize the irony of this when selling it as an Italian earthquake.

Paul R
2021 Honda Goldwing Bagger Manual Cement Gray
2015 Red/Black Griso
2008 Silver Norge
2002 V11 Scura

Offline lucky phil

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2016, 04:18:22 PM »
Oh fer, OK, you want Guzzi to go back to building non compliant, antiquated shitters designed by a hipster with access to photoshop? Well, I hate to say it but your wish has been granted!

The new ones are smart in the engine management department and to a degree powerplant and driveline design which will probably scare you off but as far as chassis technology and appearance are concerned they should be making a bit of wee come out! After all, if you admire a photoshoped pic of a munty old Quota, (which were a nightmare to tune btw.) with a five speed gearbox dressed up in a bunch of masturbatory bling I'd guess you are a full-on poster child for the Piaggio marketing droids who are so determined to kill the company.

Carry on.

:1: from me Pete. Seems the world is run by form over function simplistic hipster tossers these days.

Ciao
If you're not living on the edge you're taking up to much room.

Online nick949

• All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that's given to you.
  • Gaggle Hero
    • Nick Adams Writing
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2016, 04:42:59 PM »
The original is so much more elegant IMHO

Nick

Penderic

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2016, 05:59:53 PM »
Probably sell more of these .....

:boozing:

Offline agoldfish

• New Egg
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2016, 11:32:44 AM »

Carry on.

Technical details, wether the bike is EURO 4 compliant or what it is based on aside, because to me its obvious that if Madello built it as per the thread title it WOULD be compliant.  :rolleyes:

I like the way it looks.

I am NOT a hipster and have little tolerance for them per se. But if they are partly responsible for a styling shift at Mandello - which i believe to necessary as there are a whole lot of UGLY Guzzis out there old and new - then i can take that as a win. Additionally, i am happy to see ANYONE riding a motorcycle regardless of their style, age or beliefs.

Mandello,  IMHO, needs to get away from producing bikes for (late) middle aged men who dont want to buy Japanese. Its adapt to their economic enviroment or watch sales slowy drop to nothing. Ducati saw the same and produced the Scrambler (a great bike IMHO) and are selling them as fast as they can be built.
Its Darwin at work, adapt and survive or become extinct. If Guzzi produced more bikes that you hate they may well be a more sucessful manufacturer.
1981 V50 Monza Café
1982 V50 Monza in bits
1957 IWL PITY
2003 Aprilia Mille RSV-R

Offline mentalfloss

• Hatchling
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2016, 09:52:07 AM »
beauty is in the eye of the red suspenders....
Guzzi's in the barn then and ... now:
2013 Guzzi Stelvio
1986 Guzzi V 65 TT (keeper!)
1985 Guzzi Le Mans IV ( sold after riding 26k miles on it)
1980 Guzzi v50 II (sweet! and sold)
2009 Guzzi Stelvio (Rode it 30k + in 2 years sad but gone)
2000 Guzzi Quota (sold but want another!

pete roper

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2016, 11:35:01 AM »
Technical details, wether the bike is EURO 4 compliant or what it is based on aside, because to me its obvious that if Madello built it as per the thread title it WOULD be compliant.  :rolleyes:

I like the way it looks.

I am NOT a hipster and have little tolerance for them per se. But if they are partly responsible for a styling shift at Mandello - which i believe to necessary as there are a whole lot of UGLY Guzzis out there old and new - then i can take that as a win. Additionally, i am happy to see ANYONE riding a motorcycle regardless of their style, age or beliefs.

Mandello,  IMHO, needs to get away from producing bikes for (late) middle aged men who dont want to buy Japanese. Its adapt to their economic enviroment or watch sales slowy drop to nothing. Ducati saw the same and produced the Scrambler (a great bike IMHO) and are selling them as fast as they can be built.
Its Darwin at work, adapt and survive or become extinct. If Guzzi produced more bikes that you hate they may well be a more sucessful manufacturer.

Congratulations! You completely missed my point!

Offline fossil

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2016, 11:44:28 AM »
If Mandello built this, I wouldn´t buy it.
Greetings from Germany!
Thorsten

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2016, 12:41:45 PM »

I am NOT a hipster and have little tolerance for them per se. ..........

And

I am happy to see ANYONE riding a motorcycle regardless of their style, age or beliefs.

I assume that this means that you "tolerate" hipsters as long as they are on a motorcycle ... ?   :wink:

And there ARE some people that I (and I suspect you) aren't happy to see on a motorcycle.   Swarms of dangerous squids passing you at 100 MPH, leather-clad gangers with get-back whips who will try to wreck you if you pass them because you are inferior to them .... It's not all a KumBahYah world out there ....

Lannis

Offline agoldfish

• New Egg
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2016, 12:57:33 PM »
I assume that this means that you "tolerate" hipsters as long as they are on a motorcycle ... ?   :wink:

And there ARE some people that I (and I suspect you) aren't happy to see on a motorcycle.   Swarms of dangerous squids passing you at 100 MPH, leather-clad gangers with get-back whips who will try to wreck you if you pass them because you are inferior to them .... It's not all a KumBahYah world out there ....

Lannis

Tolerate is perhaps not the right word, but i am happier to see them on caféd BMWs than sitting sitting in a PRIUS (which due to the quiet nature have nearly run me over 3 times now). Anyone on a bike can't be all bad i guess is my position.
I have never encountered Leather-clad gangs with whips, squids sure but ... if i am honest, i used to be that squid in a one piece suit with my knee down passing you on the outside. Family man now so .... the boy becomes a man.
1981 V50 Monza Café
1982 V50 Monza in bits
1957 IWL PITY
2003 Aprilia Mille RSV-R

Offline agoldfish

• New Egg
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2016, 01:02:04 PM »
Congratulations! You completely missed my point!

then maybe you didn't make it properly?!?!?!? Or take the time to now.

Sorry but the future of companies like Ducati or Guzzi is bikes like that, certainly financially. You can only hope, or pray if thats your bag, that they still build something you will tolerate financed by something you hate.
1981 V50 Monza Café
1982 V50 Monza in bits
1957 IWL PITY
2003 Aprilia Mille RSV-R

Offline wymple

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2016, 01:12:57 PM »
I don't like it.
No trees were harmed by the conveyance of this message, but a lot of electrons were seriously disturbed.

pete roper

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2016, 02:18:16 PM »
then maybe you didn't make it properly?!?!?!? Or take the time to now.

Sorry but the future of companies like Ducati or Guzzi is bikes like that, certainly financially. You can only hope, or pray if thats your bag, that they still build something you will tolerate financed by something you hate.

Still missing it.

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2016, 02:19:12 PM »
Fortunately there are other bikes for sale.
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline 1Sourdough

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2016, 05:47:02 PM »
OK, this machine focuses my disappearing gray matter a little.  I have a question which has been forming for several years...

Seriously, what is the attraction in contemporary motorcycle styling?  That is, many motorcycles, not only Moto Guzzis, look to me like angry insects; head down, tail up, as though looking for someone to sting.  Why do we now see so many people riding motorcycles which make them appear to be about to fly over the handle bars?  There must be a reason.

The open rear wheel and no rear fender may be appropriate for a dirt bike but why is it good for a touring or commuting motor?  When Guzzi went from the loop frames to the early Tonti frame machines, I was horrified: the new machines had the ugliest lines ever given to a motorcycle.  Well, the style was greatly determined by the gas tank, and after several years I came to really appreciate that added gallon and a half tank, so my opinion changed. 

1993 Strada 1000, 1996 R1100RT, 1999 V11 EV
                            -30-

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2016, 06:30:15 PM »
OK, this machine focuses my disappearing gray matter a little.  I have a question which has been forming for several years...

Seriously, what is the attraction in contemporary motorcycle styling?  That is, many motorcycles, not only Moto Guzzis, look to me like angry insects; head down, tail up, as though looking for someone to sting.  Why do we now see so many people riding motorcycles which make them appear to be about to fly over the handle bars?  There must be a reason.

The open rear wheel and no rear fender may be appropriate for a dirt bike but why is it good for a touring or commuting motor? 

It's not good for a touring or commuting motor.   You and I are living in a very small motorcycling world in which we actually USE our motorcycles for touring and commuting and general riding in all weathers, and generally needing to carry something (work clothes, tools, camping gear, etc), and we EXPECT them to be practical, and to keep road grime off of us and such.

For better or for worse, the fact is that most motorcyclists (and I thought before I typed "Most") don't care about any of those things.   They care about riding to Cruise Night on Main Street, or to the bar or coffee shop with their buds, or cruising up to the Parkway on a sunny Sunday afternoon with a crowd of like-minded people, or going to the "Roaring Rally" or the "Thunder Gun" or the "Rumble in the Jungle", and roaring and thundering and rumbling.

Now all of that is fine, no motorcyclists were harmed in the writing of this post, but it means that You and I are looking for something very different in a motorcycle than most people, the big motorcycling market with lots of dollars and a desire to upgrade every year or two.   

When you look at what is being offered in style and function, you have to remember who it is FOR ....

Lannis

Online Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2016, 06:49:00 PM »
When Guzzi went from the loop frames to the early Tonti frame machines, I was horrified: the new machines had the ugliest lines ever given to a motorcycle.  Well, the style was greatly determined by the gas tank, and after several years I came to really appreciate that added gallon and a half tank, so my opinion changed.

Not quite accurate. The Eldorado tank is 5.8 gallons, the T is 6.6 gallons - a mere .8 gallon more.
Charlie

Offline jacksonracingcomau

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2016, 09:07:21 AM »
When Guzzi went from the loop frames to the early Tonti frame machines, I was horrified: the new machines had the ugliest lines ever given to a motorcycle. 

Now I know taste is subjective but you might be the only man in the world to call a V7 sport ugly!!

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2016, 01:16:12 PM »
The SP's look cool as the LeMans series.  1000S, 750S.  Those are good looking Tonti framed bikes. :thumb:
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here