Author Topic: Different Riding Styles  (Read 1967 times)

Offline Kiwi_Roy

• Gaggle Hero
Different Riding Styles
« on: November 01, 2017, 10:12:27 PM »
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 10:13:51 PM by oldbike54 »
72 Eldorado
17 V7iii Special
76 Convert
Half a V9 Roamer

Moto Guzzi - making electricians out of riders since March 15 1921

oldbike54

Re: Different Riding Styles
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 10:20:57 PM »
 The bike that won is a Japanese Speedway bike , and that is a Japanese Speedway track . Exists for gambling purposes , although the stands looked empty .

Dusty

Offline nyITguy

• New Egg
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 10:39:38 PM »
The bike that won is a Japanese Speedway bike , and that is a Japanese Speedway track . Exists for gambling purposes , although the stands looked empty .

Dusty

OTB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldbike54

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2017, 10:46:07 PM »
OTB

Probably .

Not being snarky , but notice how narrow the tires are on the winning motorcycle , and how much faster it cornered than the wide tire bikes . Think about how that applies to the debate about contact patch and traction .

Dusty

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2017, 10:46:07 PM »

Offline nyITguy

• New Egg
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2017, 11:41:56 PM »
Probably .

Not being snarky , but notice how narrow the tires are on the winning motorcycle , and how much faster it cornered than the wide tire bikes . Think about how that applies to the debate about contact patch and traction .

Dusty

He was cornering very aggressively and lost traction at one point then he seemed to back off the throttle a bit. He also had a lot of padding under his jersey.

oldbike54

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2017, 11:44:44 PM »
He was cornering very aggressively and lost traction at one point then he seemed to back off the throttle a bit. He also had a lot of padding under his jersey.

They were all breaking traction , the tracks are designed to be slick . Point is , his cornering speeds were higher than the sport and motard bikes with wide tires .

Dusty

Offline nyITguy

• New Egg
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2017, 11:54:34 PM »
I’m not familiar with the specifics of that particular debate. There would seem to be many factors involved,  though. Various tire compounds, tread, air pressure...

oldbike54

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2017, 12:38:54 AM »
I�m not familiar with the specifics of that particular debate. There would seem to be many factors involved,  though. Various tire compounds, tread, air pressure...

It is a long running debate , put simply , contact patch size is unrelated to traction . I was merely using this as an example of why that is true .

Dusty

Offline normzone

• Gaggle Hero
  • '72 Eldo - 1980 to 1990 - '99 Bassa 2014 - 2023
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2017, 07:05:19 PM »
Well that was fun - and reading the comments beneath the video is also.

I read something on youtube the other day to the effect of " just skip the video and go straight to the comments ".

The guy is Haruchika Aoki.

This is probably a good place to air my ignorance - why do flat track racers put a foot down? I was taught that contact with the road is to be avoided when possible.
That's the combustion chamber of the turbo shaft. It is supposed to be on fire. You just don't usually see it but the case and fairing fell off.

Offline Murray

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2017, 09:36:57 PM »
Well that was fun - and reading the comments beneath the video is also.

I read something on youtube the other day to the effect of " just skip the video and go straight to the comments ".

The guy is Haruchika Aoki.

This is probably a good place to air my ignorance - why do flat track racers put a foot down? I was taught that contact with the road is to be avoided when possible.

Having done some motard racing (badly I might add) you run out of room between the ground and the engine case for your foot, it also gives you a chance to try and stand the front end up a bit if it starts to wander off.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here