Author Topic: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !  (Read 1033407 times)

Bill Hagan

Re: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !
« Reply #750 on: March 06, 2013, 12:15:14 PM »
Hello,
First post, so fitting it's an intro..
Tim
IT Director
NJ

Just picked up 13' V7 racer. Coming from a triumph street triple r.

I am more of a lurker than a poster but will chime in if I have something relevant to say.

Welcome.

"Relevance" is setting the bar a bit high, no?

As for your Guzzi, best wishes for miles of smiles.

Snow's piled high here, but I grin just thinking about mine, covered down in the garage, but ready for that "Boots & Saddles" call.

Bill

TRICH911

« Reply #751 on: March 06, 2013, 02:08:35 PM »
I would never set a bar too high....I like to reach my drinks without a stool :BEER:

guzziboyva

« Reply #752 on: March 06, 2013, 07:09:46 PM »
Pete Ortiz
Richmond VA 58 years young Construction prj mgr 1 daughter 2 grandsons 15 motorcycles I have owned 2 Guzzi v11 sport Rosso Mandello number 68 Just completed restoration 74 Eldorado Other bikes BMW vintage -Norton 850 Triumph 1200 and a 76 gl1000  life is good favorite ride is Blue Ridge PKW on a vintage bike on a spring day !!

Offline quota2000

• New Egg
« Reply #753 on: March 06, 2013, 09:17:42 PM »
Okay, I've been lurking long enough and you all seem to be a pretty good group! so...

Jeff Mullen

Bellingham, WA

married 20 years

two boys, age 19 and 13 (both very active, high-average, tournament bowlers, previous National, State and Local doubles champions!)

occupation: purchasing agent for a manufacturer of custom food-processing machinery

hobbies: Giant-Scale R/C aviation

motorcycling resume: used to ride in my early twenties, just purchased my first bike in 20 years, a beautiful, black 2000 Quota  ;-T

Glad I found you all here, you have already been full of useful information!!!  :bow

Regards,

Jeff
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 09:20:00 PM by quota2000 »
2000 Quota

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #753 on: March 06, 2013, 09:17:42 PM »

Offline arveno

• Gaggle Hero
    • ddleathers.com
« Reply #754 on: March 07, 2013, 08:33:48 AM »

Hello everyone !
I've been lurking for a while , I thought it's time to come out of the closet  :)
My name is Marco, 37 y.o. , i ride a 1980 1000SP ( modified cafer ) , live outside NY , i love wrenching old bikes .
thanks for reading ,
Have a nice day

Regards
Marco

s_ellinson

« Reply #755 on: March 10, 2013, 04:04:32 PM »
Hi all.
the name's stewart ellinson - I'm based in the UK and dun a series of Le mans IIs and a small block bikes. i've also got a 125 Turismo ("the worst guzzi ever made" according to the late mick walker) and have been heavily invovled with the Guzzi / Benelli two strokes and parallell twins and fours.... Y'know, the ones that look like yamahas or Hondas!

Nice to meet you all

s_ellinson

« Reply #756 on: March 10, 2013, 05:18:25 PM »
All guarenteed guzzi or benelli though!

Offline YnotGuzzi

• If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.
  • Gosling
  • Hold my beer and watch this!
« Reply #757 on: March 12, 2013, 09:19:51 PM »
 :+=copcar Retired LEO living in Forest Hill MD USA. Some of the best roads in my state right at the end of my driveway! New to the Guzzi scene but a long time rider nonetheless. Inactive helicopter pilot, avid kayaker, multi dog and multi bike owner. To paraphrase Mr S. McQueen "Riding is life, everything else is just waiting". Hoping someday to se another Guzzi on the road. Posted a pic of my Cali EV Touring in the gallery. Enjoy. Frank Drecchio ( yep, a true Italian) ! :+=copcar

1984 BMW R65 (Mighty Mouse) SOLD
2002 BMW R1200C (My Stuka)
2003 Moto Guzzi California EV 11 Touring (L'oca Nera Volante)
2006 Triumph Sprint ST (Trinity) SOLD
2009 Honda Shadow 750 (Betty Boop).
2014 Harley-Davidson Ultra Limited (Puff The Magic Dragon II)
'14 Suzuki DL650 VStrom ADV ABS (Da Zook)

Offline nsumax

• New Egg
« Reply #758 on: March 12, 2013, 10:57:15 PM »
Long overdue, so here I go.
Frank Nagy
Northern Indiana
I'll be 55 on July 11
I recently left the Machinist trade after 37 years and went to work in a locol Kawasaki/KTM dealership at the moment spinning wrenches.
I've been riding 45 years, I ride on the street, ride dirt bikes, collect antique motorcycles and scooters and am making a serious yet some slow and feeble attempt at returning to off road racing on vintage bikes.
and I've bee an MSF certified rider coach with ABATE of Indiana for the last seven years.
After years of wanting a Guzzi I finally got my 76 Convert from a friend in 2003. In 2009 it was baddly damaged in a freak crash that left me pretty baddly damaged also. But in form true to me (or so my ever patiant wife of 33 years tells me) I bought the sad remains back from the insurance company to restore. I'm just waiting on a few small details and the Convert will be done. I will post pictures when she's all done.

Bill Hagan

« Reply #759 on: March 14, 2013, 12:54:32 PM »
:+=copcar Retired LEO living in Forest Hill MD USA. Some of the best roads in my state right at the end of my driveway! New to the Guzzi scene but a long time rider nonetheless. Inactive helicopter pilot, avid kayaker, multi dog and multi bike owner. To paraphrase Mr S. McQueen "Riding is life, everything else is just waiting". Hoping someday to se another Guzzi on the road. Posted a pic of my Cali EV Touring in the gallery. Enjoy. Frank Drecchio ( yep, a true Italian) ! :+=copcar

Welcome, Frank.

I tend to think that the best roads in Maryland are more west, but then recalled getting lost on my Norge in your area on my first trip north with it while taking a "long cut" around Baltimore.

Had forgotten the details, so I just looked on a map to refresh my recollection.  I was on Rocks Road and at Rocks State Park before I figured out exactly where I was.  Have pix somewhere.  Yes, yours is a nice part of the planet.

Bill

hardcoreharryjr

« Reply #760 on: March 16, 2013, 12:07:14 PM »
Gday All,

Hayden, 25, Mechanical Engineer.
Moved to the US 2 years years ago.

Jo Bastings

« Reply #761 on: March 17, 2013, 01:43:47 PM »
Hi,

My name is Jo(e) Bastings, age 52,  live in Holland and own a 2005 California EV Touring, a Ural 650 and a Ural M72 build 1944
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 01:24:24 PM by Jo Bastings »

Offline injundave

• Gosling
« Reply #762 on: March 17, 2013, 05:41:15 PM »
Dave Blackwell
62 yrs
Prison Officer
New Zealand

Family
Motorcycles
More motorcycles
1975 850 T3
1980 V50 (Now belongs to my daughter)
2019 V85TT

Pizza Guzzi

« Reply #763 on: March 18, 2013, 06:59:48 PM »
I've often thought being a prison officer must be a hell of a tough job.
I reckon you must really earn your money and enjoy your saddle time more than most  :bike

Glenn.

Offline YnotGuzzi

• If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.
  • Gosling
  • Hold my beer and watch this!
« Reply #764 on: March 18, 2013, 08:52:22 PM »
Welcome, Frank.

I tend to think that the best roads in Maryland are more west, but then recalled getting lost on my Norge in your area on my first trip north with it while taking a "long cut" around Baltimore.

Had forgotten the details, so I just looked on a map to refresh my recollection.  I was on Rocks Road and at Rocks State Park before I figured out exactly where I was.  Have pix somewhere.  Yes, yours is a nice part of the planet.

Bill

Did you wave when you rode past my house?

1984 BMW R65 (Mighty Mouse) SOLD
2002 BMW R1200C (My Stuka)
2003 Moto Guzzi California EV 11 Touring (L'oca Nera Volante)
2006 Triumph Sprint ST (Trinity) SOLD
2009 Honda Shadow 750 (Betty Boop).
2014 Harley-Davidson Ultra Limited (Puff The Magic Dragon II)
'14 Suzuki DL650 VStrom ADV ABS (Da Zook)

hardcoreharryjr

« Reply #765 on: March 19, 2013, 09:35:54 PM »
Language giving you any trouble . Welcome .                                                                                   Dusty

haha the only trouble is for the people who have to try and understand what I am saying.

Offline M0T0Geezer

• Gaggle Mentor
    • The Ones I Rode
« Reply #766 on: March 21, 2013, 08:37:04 PM »
Dan Martin
Longmont, Colorado  USA

Retired sys admin, DBA,  Road Rider, Scooterist, Ancient of Aged one.
Current rides: A 2004 Moto Guzzi Breva 750cc & 2007 Yamaha Majesty 400cc

http://dansher.com/mywheels.htm#-MOTO

2007 Moto Guzzi Norge 1200 USA

My 65+ years of motorcycling here:

http://www.dansher.com/mywheels.htm

Wisdom from the road:

http://www.dansher.com/bikequotes.html

Play guitar or keyboard?  You will like:

http://www.dansher.com/audio/pdf_tunes.html

Offline oldmxdog61u

• Gaggle Mentor
  • enjoy life...
« Reply #767 on: March 22, 2013, 01:56:01 PM »
old mxdog61u finally on the board.

as you might guess, been racing mx since I was 13, first bike was a step thru honda 55 trail.  Now 55, quit last year as my body is suggesting strongly that I move on. Raced everything from 125 elsinores, yz's to 490 maicos and my favorite was my cz400 that after I did a frame up restoration with all the bells and whistles, sold it (lower back creamed again.. dang short suspension, damn age) showed up on display at the AHRMA calender.
I still run trails on a 85 honda xr600 with my trail/exploring buddies, putz around the farm roads on the greatly misnamed and possible winner of the worlds maxi-oxymoron "bullet" 500 (2000) I brought back from the dead resulting from a trade off of one of my diminsihing herd of old mx bikes. Wife refuses to ride on it as its not the Harley I sold some years back.
Always had at least one road bike since I was 15, first "car" was a honda 400f which I took my first drivers test on as I recall. Then followed a string of BMWs, starting with a r90, a r100 then a toaster r75 I restored from 25 boxes shipped from a friend in Japan. I have had several UJM's which peaked at the kawasaki zx10 (gps 194, wife 0, insurance 1).  My last "big" road bike was a FXRS, which my wife likes to remind me I should have never sold.  I recently went looking at another bigger bike, but I like vintage as thats just me at this point. The new bikes just do nothing for me.
I happened to look at a sale forum on the MGNOC site and saw the bike of my dreams as a youngster, that is a Lemans 1000, 1985. Same day saw there was MG club and the arizona contact was none other than my Intel buddy in the late 70's J Cerilli. WHen we rode together I had a boxer, and he had a big Yamaha in black (night train?). Whatever, he sold it and bought a 850 Mark 1 Lemans, which truth be told is the bike I always wanted, but the 1000 seems like an obvious choice to me now looking at the features, ...and price.  Once again fortune has smiled on me as I have reconnected thru the MG connection with my old friend JC, and look forward to going on the upcoming NAR ride to happy jack this spring here in arizona. I also made a great freind when buying the bike from Mr Comorowski in virginia who has been sterling and most helpful thruout the purchasing process. I hope that my new to me bike will be here by the end of next week so I can go for a ride. Meanwhile, great forum.
We have a small horse ranch in the middle of the desert, too many horses, a healthy pack of dogs, more birds than I can count, and 4 cats. No little nippers.  I also belong to a vintage motocross club, carriage driving society (whew! thats sounds uppity), and as a QAP volunteer about 500 hours a year with  Sheriff Joe.
I was an electrical engineer for about 25 years, then went into intellectual property (took the patent bar) then finally bailed on the semiconductor scene about 10 years ago and manage a small business making high end water purification solutions for various industries.
There, I said too much. I would have shut up hours ago if my new bike was here as I would be out riding and staring at her.
bruce
Enjoy life!
1985 lemans 1000 (gone)
1996 Sport 1100 (gone)
2007 norge (ahhhhh)
1984 yz250 (gone to museum)
1977 Cr125m Elsinore (sold)
1973 HD FX (back to my bro)
1974 Eldorado (grace)

Offline blacktruck

• New Egg
  • Traveler
« Reply #768 on: March 23, 2013, 09:36:40 PM »
Hello all:
New guy on the forum. Been riding for about 40 years plus....Wow that makes me feel old. Spent most of my formative years on Japanese bikes like everyone else did back if they weren't lucky enough to have an HD or some other exclusive nameplate. Kept riding through the years but had a few years off the scooters when raising kids and careers were the hot topic. Now I turn around and here I am. 55 years old, working in Afghanistan managing a repair shop and commuting a few times a year. Been an HD owner for many years and wouldn't think of ever getting rid of it but now I found out about Moto Guzzis. I'm in the process of buying my first one. Hope to be able to pick it up  :bike on the way home for R&R. Not sure of the draw or lure of the Guzzi, if it's the styling or the mystique of the Italian nameplate but I want one. Is this an addiction or just lusting after the badge? Either way I'm hoping to learn a bit about them on here. I'm getting a Norge and tend to do some IBA type rides on occasion. Need opinions, is this a good candidate for that?
Stay safe out there...
Ken

Offline IceBlue

• Gaggle Hero
  • Where words fail, music speaks. H. C. Andersen
    • Moto Guzzi Lario Fan Site
« Reply #769 on: March 24, 2013, 03:43:42 AM »
Guzzi's are an incurable virus. No antidote. It seems like you already are a casualty.
Have fun - Guzzi's are a lifestyle, and you will likely end up with more than one  ;-T
This is one bug you cannor beat  ;)

Ciao
Copenhagen Denmark - http://www.facebook.com/motoguzzilario

750 Targa - long legged younger sister of the Lario
V65 Lario - Short legged total brat
V65 Lario - Silver Streak
V35C - Smallest Guzzi cruiser
V75C - (project)
V75/4 - (project)

Offline blacktruck

• New Egg
  • Traveler
« Reply #770 on: March 24, 2013, 04:36:58 AM »
Guzzi's are an incurable virus. No antidote. It seems like you already are a casualty.
Have fun - Guzzi's are a lifestyle, and you will likely end up with more than one  ;-T
This is one bug you cannor beat  ;)

Ciao

Agreed...
I'm getting a Norge now but one of these days when I'm done with this, I already have the urge to get a Californian also. Love the looks of them. Had HDs for many years and only rarely ever wore anything proclaiming that to the world. I don't have my first one yet and I'm getting the urge to get a t-shirt...  What is up with that?
Maybe that's it. It's the lifestyle. A few years ago while riding US 50 through Maryland I think, I ran across a guy on an old Guzzi ( I think he said it was a 72 or somewhere close to that)of some kind. No pretentions of being someone else or BS, just a guy out enjoying his old bike. Not sure why but it was just a neat meeting. I'm hoping to try to capture that.

Offline IceBlue

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #771 on: March 24, 2013, 09:36:17 AM »

No pretentions of being someone else or BS, just a guy out enjoying his old bike. Not sure why but it was just a neat meeting. I'm hoping to try to capture that.

Bulls eye ;-T  This is what it's all about. Guzzita isn't pretenders. It's all about the unique great bike, and the enjoyment of riding something special and rare. Beyond that, you'll find all kind of people here in this looney bin, but with the love for geese in comon  :D ;D :o ::) ;D :BEER:

V75C - (project)
V75/4 - (project)

Esofconnor

« Reply #772 on: March 25, 2013, 11:40:08 AM »
Well, it's official. I'm about to join the Guzzi family. My V7 Stone is currently on its way from Canada and should be here sometime soon. My name's Emily O'Connor. I'm an MFA student at Oklahoma State. Got into bikes with an '82 Suzuki GN125 I bought for some pocket change and restored with my father. Tiny bike, but I couldn't do much harm to myself or anyone else on it. Most recent bike is a '75 Honda CB360 that I've had for about a year.

Cheers!

Offline IceBlue

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #773 on: March 25, 2013, 01:29:17 PM »
Welcome to you and your Guzzi ;-T  You know - small blocks are the real Guzzi's  ;)  Now I run for hiding  :o ;D ;)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 01:31:41 PM by IceBlue »

V75C - (project)
V75/4 - (project)

Geno

« Reply #774 on: March 26, 2013, 10:40:35 PM »
Gene Thayer, Stockton California
68, U.S. Navy Tailhook squadron 'Nam vet, married 48 years
Retired Medical Imaging Field Service Engineer
Been riding since 1960, still learning
Scuba/freediver, woodworker, audiofool, tequila & scotch consumer
Still don't know what I want to be if I ever grow up.
Been lusting after something Italian for a long time, ever since Gina & Sophia.  Settling for a Guzzi
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 10:59:34 PM by Geno »

Offline Kiwi_Roy

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #775 on: March 27, 2013, 05:17:57 AM »
Welcome Gene
So what goose did you settle on?
Don't worry about growing up, it's too much fun being a kid!
 :PICS!:
72 Eldorado
17 V7iii Special
76 Convert
Half a V9 Roamer

Moto Guzzi - making electricians out of riders since March 15 1921

Offline IceBlue

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #776 on: March 27, 2013, 06:24:57 AM »
Don't worry about growing up, it's too much fun being a kid!

;-T 8) :+=copcar

V75C - (project)
V75/4 - (project)

padixo3225

« Reply #777 on: March 27, 2013, 07:00:32 PM »
paul dixon

2007 norge

fort worth tx

sales

Geno

« Reply #778 on: March 28, 2013, 10:08:05 PM »
Got a '07 Breva with 86 miles on it, 2 year warrantee.  Put 200 miles on her on the way home, what a rush!  My FJR is twice as fast & much smoother, but doesn't have the soul of this Italian.

Online Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • On the backside of the planet.
« Reply #779 on: April 04, 2013, 03:28:26 AM »
Got a '07 Breva with 86 miles on it, 2 year warrantee.  Put 200 miles on her on the way home, what a rush!  My FJR is twice as fast & much smoother, but doesn't have the soul of this Italian.

Sounds like you are addicted already. ;D ;-T

Welcome.
Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here