Author Topic: goin' to a rally!! update  (Read 1743 times)

Offline azguzzirep

• Gaggle Hero
  • Gratzi Carlo!
goin' to a rally!! update
« on: July 10, 2015, 07:18:16 AM »
Last Sunday at the Guzzi rider breakfast, I was told about a Guzzi meeting in a town or region not too, too far from me. Maybe 200km, or around 2 hours riding. Anyway, I knew I would be on call this week, so didn't really plan on going. Howeer, a colleuge said he would cover for me for the weekend, so tomorrow morning i'm heading out to 'vorderweidertal'  I only know it's west of Karlsruhe on the 427. Should be a fun adventure!!

Tom

So, I met up with 5 other riders at a truck stop just off the freeway about 5 miles from my home. There were two LM3's, a covert w/side car, a Cal2 w/sidecar and rider and a Stelvio, plus my EV.

We only did a few klicks on the autobahn, then headed into the Black Forest. We went through countless little burgs, crossed the Rhine river by ferryboat, and crossed into France, according to my cell phone.

The rally site was awful. A dusty, weedy practice soccer field, with no shade. Most there had motorhomes or large awnings and tents. There was a big building that had showers and restrooms, a large patio with shade where the beer garden was. next to it was a small shack where they were cooking wursts, steaks and other goodies.

I saw about 15 LM3's. A couple nice LM850's, an assortment of hacks and just about every model Guzzi you can think of, with 2 cylinders. Only one one cylinder, a sahara NF.

I only stayed about 4 hours then burned it back home. did a little over 300KM for the day.

I tried to download picks on Photobucket, but of course......... :sad: I try it again later.

Tom

« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 01:01:45 PM by azguzzirep »
Murphy's  Law sucks!

Offline ccoli

• Gaggle Hero
  • What? Me Worry?
Re: goin' to a rally!!
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 10:52:09 AM »
Have good friends in Leopoldshafen just north of Karlsruhe. Plan to be there next May/June time frame.  Not a Guzzi guy but has 2 American bikes though (HD & Victory). Hope to do a week or so tour on the Victory. Been to the Castle over by Bad Bergzabern, very nice area. Enjoy.
Wisconsin MGNOC Rep
03 EVT/EML hack, 99 Bassa, SPIII, 3-78 Robins, 75 T3, 74 Eldo, 32 Sport15, Ambo custom.

Offline davedel44

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015, 12:58:59 PM »
Enjoy yourself!  Rallys, campouts, Pie Runs and this board all help build our Guzzi community.  I look forward to the rally season every year . It's a great way to catch up with old friends and make new ones.  Even NARS  have their role, although what it is I haven't guite figured out. :grin:

Dave
Galveston
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 01:00:31 PM by davedel44 »
Bambino- 2013 V7 Stone

Online Mike Craven

• Gosling
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2015, 03:40:42 PM »
Enjoy your meeting or whatever it is!  Photos and maybe even a link would be appreciated.  My bucket list has a European rally on it.  Say hi to any Cali II owners for me!
Cheers,
Mike
Mike  L-715, Atlanta GA
1983 Cali II

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2015, 03:40:42 PM »

Offline azguzzirep

• Gaggle Hero
  • Gratzi Carlo!
Re: goin' to a rally!! update
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2015, 01:22:31 PM »
downloading picks to a stick. will post picks soon.

Tom
Murphy's  Law sucks!

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here