Author Topic: Generous Guzzi Riders  (Read 2970 times)

Offline Texas Turnip

• Gaggle Hero
Generous Guzzi Riders
« on: July 12, 2015, 05:36:19 AM »
At yesterdays 10th Annual Christmas in July for the childrens home Guzzi riders donated $1,950.00! One rider came by my house and left me a check for $500 because he couldn't make the ride and still wanted to donate.

Dan Wolfe from Riverside gets up at 3AM, rides 70 miles to Houston to check on a job and then rides another 200+ plus miles to Kaufman. And this is on a '98 EV with no windshield.

Two Guzzis rode in from Johnson County, sw of Ft. Worth. Jim was bragging about his new 1400. Yours truly was on the attention getting 90th Anniversary. Others came in cars and Swede Smith and wife rode their BMW. Thanks fellow Guzzi riders for your support.

Dallas/Ft.Worth has 2 Guzzi dealers and a population of over 2 million, yet not one Guzzi from the area.

Warm day (95), but one of the biggest turnouts for a charity that is dear to me and makes me proud to ride a Guzzi along with  my fellow generous Guzzi friends.

Tex

Offline ratguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
    • road kill
Re: Generous Guzzi Riders
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 07:46:36 PM »
well, Ken, seemed nobody replied. Just like my post about something actually about Guzzis and riding.
Maybe if you added conceal carry or a dog or a cat dying or a new motorcycle video about how to find peace with your oil leaks, maybe you would have had more response. Or maybe some hollywood actor that died or bruce jenner's new breasts.
I am glad you had a good turnout for a very cool event.
JB
John Boettcher
Wonder Lake, IL

"I'll quit riding when they pry the handgrips out of my cold dead fingers"

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2015, 08:21:18 PM »
well, Ken, seemed nobody replied. Just like my post about something actually about Guzzis and riding.
Maybe if you added conceal carry or a dog or a cat dying or a new motorcycle video about how to find peace with your oil leaks, maybe you would have had more response. Or maybe some hollywood actor that died or bruce jenner's new breasts.
I am glad you had a good turnout for a very cool event.
JB

I've been out fixing the idler pulley on my big lawn mower and finishing the grass in the dark, so that's how 3 hours went by and I didn't reply .....

Sometimes life gets in the way of WG!

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

oldbike54

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2015, 08:22:42 PM »
 Hey , I know Ken , he likes talking about dogs , and even sillier shyte . Good job Ken  :thumb:

Dusty

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2015, 08:22:42 PM »

Online Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2015, 08:48:16 PM »
Nice to hear something positive Ken! Thanks to all that pitched in. woof woof bark bark :laugh:
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Online Gliderjohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2015, 08:57:05 PM »
Just goes to prove that Guzzi riders aren't always cheap bastards, especially when it comes to helping others. A reminder of case in point was the late Kansas rep David Kasitz. Worked as a machinist and as far as I know didn't inherit a dime but when he died at 60 his trust donated right at a million dollars. 70% to Emporia State University, 10% to the Wichita Children's Home, 10% to St. Jude's Children's Hospital, and 10% to Make a Wish Foundation. There are some good hearts out there. You go Ken.
GliderJohn
John Peters
East Mountains, NM

lucydad

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2015, 09:06:05 PM »
TT,

Is it still possible to donate?  Please send me a link, or PM.  Would like to add a few chips.

cheers,
Greg in Sugar Land

Offline Texas Turnip

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2015, 05:45:07 AM »
TT,

Is it still possible to donate?  Please send me a link, or PM.  Would like to add a few chips.

cheers,
Greg in Sugar Land

Thanks, Greg. Go to http://www.norvillecenter.org or TMRA Facebook. It's a 501C ? charity for those that get to make tax deductions. (Hint) Make the ride up and donate in person :grin:. I'd be happy to provide the scenic route.

Tex

Offline Beaver

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2015, 10:18:55 AM »
LucyDad,

If you prefer to mail a check directly, here's the address:

A Fern Norville Center
P.O. Box 926
Kaufman, Texas 75142

If you decide one day to take a ride up there, they'll give you a tour of the home and you can meet the kids.

Beaver
MGNOC TX Rep
Lindale, TX

lucydad

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2015, 05:50:58 PM »
Beaver,

Just done via PayPal.  Thanks for the opportunity!  Maybe next year I can ride up when I am not counting limited vacation days.
Great cause!

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here