Author Topic: EML rig fs update  (Read 1509 times)

Offline Mguzzi

• New Egg
EML rig fs update
« on: July 12, 2015, 04:33:32 PM »
Price reduction to $4500 and a link to pictures.  The ad is in the swap meet. Thanks Lumpy     http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/mcy/5119185807.html

Offline fotoguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • vee git tooh soon oldt und too late wise -my Dad
Re: EML rig fs update
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 04:56:28 PM »
that's a pretty cool rig Lumpy..
MINNEAPOLIS, MN

Offline LeRoy

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2015, 06:31:07 PM »
Nice combination. But the lines of the EML and Goldwing just don't get along. Somebody should give the EML design folks a french curve or something. Looks like they got stuck in the straight edge era.
LeRoy (Bob Sharp)
Rochester, MI  U.S.A.
'86 LM 1000 (since new in '86)
'79 V1000 G5 (as of '08 and since sold)
'76 V1000 Convert (since Nov. 09)
'83 1000SP (as of Oct. 15)

Offline Mguzzi

• New Egg
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2015, 07:21:05 PM »
that's a pretty cool rig Lumpy..
Thanks, the 15in radial tires and leading link make it a pleasure to drive.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2015, 07:21:05 PM »

Offline Mguzzi

• New Egg
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2015, 07:31:45 PM »
Nice combination. But the lines of the EML and Goldwing just don't get along. Somebody should give the EML design folks a french curve or something. Looks like they got stuck in the straight edge era.
EML must have heard you, their newer ones have curves.

Offline jackson

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2015, 07:46:30 PM »
My wife and I have owned three EML rigs.  I bought two of them as kits and assembled the first one on a 1978 BMW R100S. It was a single passenger model.  The second was a 1981 BMW R100RT with a double wide sidecar.  On the EML/BMW airhead kits, you had to remove every nut, bolt and screw from the motorcycle and re-assemble the bike on the new frame that came with the kit.  They provided no instructions because they wanted you to have one of their dealers put it together for a nice, fat bunch of money.  I laid everything out on the floor and just figured out where everything was supposed to go.  The third one that we owned was a single passenger model on a BMW K100 RS.  I bought this one used from a man who paid the St. Louis dealer to paint and assemble it on his K100.  He only rode it for 2k miles and then passed away so I bought it from his widow.  The EML rigs are among the best handling sidecar rigs that have ever been made because they come with automobile wheels & tires, leading link front forks and are engineered to perform and last.
Your Honda rig looks really nice.  Someone should snatch it up quickly.
NO longer can ride

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here