Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Still Kicking
« Last post by Dave Swanson on Today at 05:06:58 PM »
I'll be 79 in a couple months, and still kick start my 56 Harly KHK, my 73 Triumph 750 Tiger and my 58 Ariel Square 4.  I like to rib the new macho HD pirates by telling them, "Real men kick start their Harley's" then kick mine to life and drive away.  It's amazing how many riders have never kick started a bike in there lives. I also keep all my kick start bikes in good tune otherwise they can be a real pain.

Hats off to you, still kicking at 79!.  From one KHK owner to another.

General Discussion / Re: More accidents
« Last post by Tom on Today at 05:06:03 PM »
I'm not advocating use or no use of a helmet.  It's how the accidents are reported to the public in general.  The misconception is that a helmet will protect you 100% of the time.  Hard to do that when cars run over you or you're stupid and exceed your skill level.  Stupidity from the rider rules that out. 
Update on registering.  Pay Gayle Gutherie using Zelle.  Use 206-218-8982.  Rally pin for first 250 registrations.  This per the latest MGNOC May newsletter.   :boozing:
$100 before June 1, 2024.  $125.00 after June1, 2024.

General Discussion / Re: New opinions on preferred mesh summer jacket
« Last post by Vagrant on Today at 04:31:06 PM »
When I know it's going to be 90+ especially where you live I use one of those cooling vests you soak in water. Just soak it in the am and put in a garbage bag until you need it.
General Discussion / Re: Static Timing
« Last post by chuck peterson on Today at 04:28:55 PM »
Why wouldn't that procedure work on a Convert. Isn't the ignition the same as the 850 T3?

It might…but I don’t have a vert anymore…
  :grin:

General Discussion / Re: Pressure washer recomendations,gas or electric?
« Last post by Vagrant on Today at 04:27:17 PM »
I'd put a carb kit or a new carb on the old one first. Clean up the electrical contacts and check the air gap on the fly wheel.
A good quality new gas isn't cheap. Stihl does have a nice electric one at a reasonable price with much better quality than the other cheap electrics.
General Discussion / Re: Pressure washer recomendations,gas or electric?
« Last post by Kev m on Today at 04:26:38 PM »
I have a portable electric by Kobalt (Lowe's house brand). It's fine for what I need, but yeah not all that powerful. I did strip both the dock and the deck with it before treating them last summer. It probably took twice as long as it would with a gas unit, or maybe only time and a half.

But I don't need one often and it works on the same batteries as our little electric lawn mower, hedge trimmer, and leaf blower (so I can charge some batteries while using up the others).
General Discussion / Re: Still Kicking
« Last post by garbln on Today at 04:10:12 PM »
I'll be 79 in a couple months, and still kick start my 56 Harly KHK, my 73 Triumph 750 Tiger and my 58 Ariel Square 4.  I like to rib the new macho HD pirates by telling them, "Real men kick start their Harley's" then kick mine to life and drive away.  It's amazing how many riders have never kick started a bike in there lives. I also keep all my kick start bikes in good tune otherwise they can be a real pain.
General Discussion / Re: Static Timing
« Last post by n3303j on Today at 03:54:56 PM »
Why wouldn't that procedure work on a Convert. Isn't the ignition the same as the 850 T3?
Hello Folks, my old craftsman/ briggs and stratton gas power washer has gotten long in the tooth,and is giving me the blues. Its hard to start if the weather is slightly cold, and seems to always require carburetor fiddling, and a new spark plug anytime I want to use it and its sat for a while, even if I use stabil or seafoam.I think its time for replacement. I never need to use it anywhere there is no electrical power, so I dont really need gas powered. Ive heard alot of the smaller electric ones are pretty weak, so I would either need a new gas one or a fairly powerful electric unit.  What have you folks had good luck with and recommend for cleaning the bikes, and general household use?
Rick.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here