Author Topic: People are hoarding gasoline down by me  (Read 7577 times)

bobrebos

People are hoarding gasoline down by me
« on: May 12, 2021, 04:19:43 AM »
...and its causing gas stations to run out of fuel.  Just like the toilet paper craze/shortage of months ago.  Why do people act so dumb.  Now i might not be able to fuel the bike to go to TWO Suches, Ga this weekend.  Dang it......Well back on the hunt for gas stations that have gas.....

Offline Scout63

• Gaggle Hero
Re: People are hoarding gasoline down by me
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2021, 05:32:24 AM »
Good luck. What an awful story. Reminds me of the 70’s.
Ben Zehnder - Orleans, MA USA

Offline chuck peterson

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2021, 05:48:44 AM »
Nothing like letting people know not to hoard gas is the perfect way to get people to hoard gas...
"I'd like to thank all my friends who have kept my Guzzi's going, but mostly...TOMB."
150k on Verts
750 Nevada
400f
R5 Yammie
BV250
4x 1976 Moto Demm Smily,, now 5, oops now 6, oops now 7
1980 SP1000 in little bits and pieces

oldbike54

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2021, 06:00:57 AM »
 You were expecting humans to behave in a rational fashion ?

Dusty

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2021, 06:00:57 AM »

bobrebos

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2021, 06:27:52 AM »
You were expecting humans to behave in a rational fashion ?

Dusty

:thumb:

Online egschade

• Gaggle Hero
  • Eric - MGNOC NJ Rep - mgnocnj.forumotion.com
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2021, 06:28:50 AM »
Gas, toilet paper, sanitizers, ammunition - there's a difference between being prepared for an emergency and hoarding. People hoard when 1) they are scared/paranoid, 2) selfish/narcissistic and 3) lack of trust that government and/or business is able to manage crisis and protect the public.
The elder Eric in NJ

2020 V85TT Adventure
1985 LeMans 1000
2005 BMW F650GS

Past Guzzis:
V65 SP
V7 III
V50
Griso 1200SE Tenni
Breva 1100
EV Touring

Online cliffrod

• Gaggle Hero
  • AC Button II
    • Carolina Sculpture Studio
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2021, 07:00:18 AM »
Consumption.....

A parts dealer friend in Dawsonville GA said yesterday morning that there was no gas to be had around him, so he doubted he would be able to make the AMCA Southeastern National in Denton NC this weekend.   This situation won't help their event.   I had a short truck trip with a friend for some bikes & a granite trip to GA planned for this week, but it can all wait.
1973 V7 Sport  "Now THAT'S a motorcycle!"-  Master Sculptor Giuliano Cecchinelli
1967 V700 Corsa Record
1981 Lemans CX100
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExX3YmQel_Q
http://carolinasculpturestudio.com/
Carolina Sculpture Studio YuoTube Channel-
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzSYaYdis55gE-vqifz

Offline s1120

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2021, 07:14:25 AM »
When I first saw that first news report about "There might be shortages.." I thought oh crap... here we go... 500 gas cans later these people will be stuck with 200 gals of bad gas in a few months...   Its just dumb.
Paul B

bobrebos

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2021, 07:24:20 AM »
Consumption.....

A parts dealer friend in Dawsonville GA said yesterday morning that there was no gas to be had around him, so he doubted he would be able to make the AMCA Southeastern National in Denton NC this weekend.   This situation won't help their event.   I had a short truck trip with a friend for some bikes & a granite trip to GA planned for this week, but it can all wait.

Well, if there is no gas in Dawsonville, Ga I doubt there is any by Suches Ga.  Geez, so much for traveling to TWO Suches this weekend.  Oh well, time to buy a bicycle.

Online Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2021, 07:37:51 AM »
Just like the old “Bachman Turner overdrive” song goes “YOU AINT SEEN NOTHING YET BA BA BA BABY YOU JUST AINT SEEN NOTHING YET”

Yesterday day I lucked up and got the last tank left in Ash Co, where our river house is a 10:00 AM from a little country store near the house. When I called the attendant said that all was left was the Non ethanol at 3.70 per gallon. When I arrived 15 minutes later I was fourth in line. The pump quit at 20 gallon, enough for me to get back home today to Winston Salem, 100 miles away. 😡😡😡 is all I’ve got to say about this subject.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 09:18:54 AM by Ncdan »

Online Vagrant

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2021, 07:51:00 AM »
It appears the whole state is dry.
HE IS FREE WHO LIVES AS HE CHOOSES
2016 V7II, 2017 V7-III Blue special, 2022 V85 the fast red one! 2016 650 Versys
L-196, L-197

Online AJ Huff

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2021, 07:52:54 AM »
" A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it." - Men In Black

Went through several shortages over the years in No. Ga. Nothing changes, always predictable.

-AJ
'71 Ambassador
'01 California Special
'05 Road King
MGNOC# L-753

Offline BRG-BIRD

• Hatchling
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2021, 07:55:56 AM »
There is a major pipeline that feeds the east coast that as of yesterday was still shut down due to hackers from Russia. It was shut down last Friday apparently.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 08:06:15 AM by BRG-BIRD »

Offline Wayne Orwig

• Gaggle Hero
    • Hog Mountain weather
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2021, 07:59:09 AM »
Yep, the state is dry. At least north of Atlanta is.
I passed a station that still had gasoline last night, with a long line down the street. An hour later when I past by it again, it was closed. I didn't see any other opened station in the area north of Atlanta. I had planned a trip to North Carolina, but that's not happening.
Scientist have discovered that people will believe anything, if you first say "Scientists have discovered...."

Online Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2021, 08:04:43 AM »
I passed a station that still had gasoline last night, with a long line down the street. An hour later when I past by it again, it was closed. I didn't see any other opened station in the area north of Atlanta. I had planned a trip to North Carolina, but that's not happening.
Wayne, when u can get this way, if central Piedmont’s is near your destination, give me a shout👍

Offline Cam3512

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2021, 08:05:57 AM »
SHEEPle.
Cam in NJ
'67 Stornello Scrambler
'71 Ambo Police
'74 V7 Sport
‘20 V85TT

http://mgnocnj.forumotion.com

Offline Bulldog9

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2021, 08:10:42 AM »

MGNOC#23231
The Living: 1976 Convert, 2004 Breva 750, 2007 GRiSO, 2008 1200 Sport, 2016 Stornello #742,
The Departed: 2017 MGX, 2014 Norge GT, 
In Stasis: 1978 XS750, XS1100SF

Online Vagrant

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2021, 08:12:08 AM »
I passed a station that still had gasoline last night, with a long line down the street. An hour later when I passed by it again, it was closed. I didn't see any other opened station in the area north of Atlanta. I had planned a trip to North Carolina, but that's not happening.

If Friday is nice I have 4-5 gallons of 87 here for you and my V85 is full. We'll have the mountains to ourselves and Smokin Jims BBQ also.
HE IS FREE WHO LIVES AS HE CHOOSES
2016 V7II, 2017 V7-III Blue special, 2022 V85 the fast red one! 2016 650 Versys
L-196, L-197

Online Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2021, 08:25:59 AM »
NC has been declared in a STATE OF EMERGENCY and NC is hit the hardest at this point. I would not advise anyone from out of state to travel here until this BS has ran it’s course👍

Offline RHAT

• Hatchling
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2021, 08:28:54 AM »
Well, if there is no gas in Dawsonville, Ga I doubt there is any by Suches Ga.  Geez, so much for traveling to TWO Suches this weekend.  Oh well, time to buy a bicycle.
I'll bet they boss would lend you one if you asked her nice   :laugh:

Online cliffrod

• Gaggle Hero
  • AC Button II
    • Carolina Sculpture Studio
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2021, 08:32:29 AM »
Just like the old “Bachman Turner overdrive” song goes YOU AINT SEEN NOTHING YET BA BA BA BABY YOU  AINT SEEN NOTHING YET”

Yesterday day I lucked up and got the last tank left in Ash Co, where our river house is a 10:00 AM from a little country store near the house. When I called the attendant said that all was left was the Non ethanol at 3.70 per gallon. When I arrived 15 minutes later I was fourth in line. The pump quit at 20 gallon, enough for me to get back home today to Winston Salem, 100 miles away. 😡😡😡 is all I’ve got to say about this subject.

Before this happened, there were already reports of pending gasoline availability issues this summer due to a lack of properly credentialed CDL truck drivers to make local deliveries.  The panic stuff plus slow replenishment of empty stations will likely be a bad combination, even when the pipeline comes back online.  I'm just waiting to hear about some Bubba and Drunk Bobby getting tired of waiting & then getting blown up when they decide to tap a hole into the big line with a drill and a hole saw.....

I spent much of yesterday with no phone, no internet and no spare gas to go anywhere.  It was like being back on the farm- just go to work and have no worries about distractions.  Life has been a lot worse.
1973 V7 Sport  "Now THAT'S a motorcycle!"-  Master Sculptor Giuliano Cecchinelli
1967 V700 Corsa Record
1981 Lemans CX100
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExX3YmQel_Q
http://carolinasculpturestudio.com/
Carolina Sculpture Studio YuoTube Channel-
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzSYaYdis55gE-vqifz

Offline travelingbyguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • God hates a coward
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2021, 08:35:52 AM »
For once, at least, it is not panic on the West Coast. Still,  I am paying 4.099\Gallon at my regular fuel stop.
73 Eldorado
80 Sp
85 Cal II
97 1100Sport
08 1200 Sport AKA:Sweet Leaf
I'm not really drowning; I can see the beach from here.

Online Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2021, 08:47:51 AM »
Before this happened, there were already reports of pending gasoline availability issues this summer due to a lack of properly credentialed CDL truck drivers to make local deliveries.  The panic stuff plus slow replenishment of empty stations will likely be a bad combination, even when the pipeline comes back online.  I'm just waiting to hear about some Bubba and Drunk Bobby getting tired of waiting & then getting blown up when they decide to tap a hole into the big line with a drill and a hole saw.....

I spent much of yesterday with no phone, no internet and no spare gas to go anywhere.  It was like being back on the farm- just go to work and have no worries about distractions.  Life has been a lot worse.
Maybe we can scrape up enough fuel to get to the Harley museum for a cheeseburger 🤔👍

Offline larrys

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2021, 08:54:16 AM »
" A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it." - Men In Black
-AJ

^^^^ + 1000. I was going to post that quote but you beat me to it...
Larry
'13 Monster 1100 EVO
'95 Cal 1100
'68 Bonneville

MGNOC 7248

Offline Wayne Orwig

• Gaggle Hero
    • Hog Mountain weather
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2021, 09:19:01 AM »

Never ever trust that gas station near TWofS to have gasoline. They have had money issues over the years and they are often closed down, even in good times. You need to head south to Dahlonega, or Turners Corner at least.
Scientist have discovered that people will believe anything, if you first say "Scientists have discovered...."

Offline Wayne Orwig

• Gaggle Hero
    • Hog Mountain weather
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2021, 09:20:11 AM »
Wayne, when u can get this way, if central Piedmont’s is near your destination, give me a shout👍

I had a mountain top in mind actually. But a trip to JR Cigars might work out too.  :cool:

Offline tris

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2021, 09:20:59 AM »
Just curious, but is this related to the hacking of the pipeline company or -?

Tris

2017 V9 Roamer
2005 Breva 1100 (non ABS) "Bruno" - now sold
1995 Cali 1100 - carby   "Dino" -now sold
1993 TW125 "POS" - Resting

Offline Wayne Orwig

• Gaggle Hero
    • Hog Mountain weather
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2021, 09:23:34 AM »
If Friday is nice I have 4-5 gallons of 87 here for you and my V85 is full. We'll have the mountains to ourselves and Smokin Jims BBQ also.

With this rain those forest roads will be muddy.

:boozing:

Actually, the V85 may be fine on gasoline, since it only sips a little. I'll let you know. Sounds good though.

Offline Wayne Orwig

• Gaggle Hero
    • Hog Mountain weather
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2021, 09:26:06 AM »
Just curious, but is this related to the hacking of the pipeline company or -?

Pipeline hack.

People are panicking, so everyone is getting in line to fill up, emptying out the tanks at the stations.

It is about like the toilet paper thing from -. Next month people will have old stale gasoline sitting in a can that they forgot the bought.

bobrebos

« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2021, 09:26:39 AM »
Never ever trust that gas station near TWofS to have gasoline. They have had money issues over the years and they are often closed down, even in good times. You need to head south to Dahlonega, or Turners Corner at least.

That was my plan dahlonega, but i doubt they have any either.  I was able to get some premium in the bike, over the tennessee/georgia border in cohutta ga this morning so thats good.

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here