General Category > General Discussion

Help needed, LM 2 CX SP etc instrument panel to triple tree spacer dimensions?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Dukedesmo:

Quote from: Scout63 on Today at 03:57:29 AM
Can you photograph the parts?  I’m sure I have them if Clifford can bear another package. Ben

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

___________________ _________________
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

As above, I have all my original LM2 dash parts in a box on the shelf so could easily measure anything - if I knew what part we were talking about!
--- End quote ---

Dukedesmo:
Further to my post above, I found the parts diagram and searched in the box where I have all the dash/wiring/headlight parts, bagged and tagged but I have no such spacers, leading me to believe that, unless I lost them (unlikely) then there weren't any fitted on my bike and the panel was bolted directly to the top plate without spacers however, I can't be certain as it was some years ago that I removed it plus, it may have been 'messed' with before my ownership?

Mayor_of_BBQ:
Wish I could help, Clint... My CX has a non-stock dash and forks/triples so no assistance from me. Ben/Scout63 has a couple stock dashes I believe, he's probably your guy...

blackcat:
Part #42

cliffrod:
That’s it. 

going on general scale of drawing, I expect spacers are between 10mm-20mm thick.  50mm seems excessive.  With no spacer, the steel tab of dash plate (shown directly above the spacer numeral 42)  that extends over the steering stem fits tightly against the top of stem nut & leaves no room for the dash pad to clip around it.  The bike came to me with a trimmed plastic bottle cap wedged between the tab & stem nut so the pad would fit.  No luck finding that in the parts catalog..    assembled without spacers, some dash components (especially on left) are extremely close or in contact with top of fork tubes & clamp.  Not cool

My V7 Sport was found/acquired as significantly disassembled & abandoned in a large storage unit with parts spread, stored & stashed everywhere in a crazy piled-up mess.  I had no knowledge of Guzzis or immediate local resource, so simply grabbed every likely Italian part I could find and did the best with the puzzle I had.  I am still realizing what I didn’t know that I didn’t know.   

This CX is pristine & almost all there by comparison. Making spacers is no problem.  Having a dimension to use would help make it a one-time effort.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version