Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: V85 valve adjustment gone wrong…
« Last post by dguzzi on Today at 05:16:34 PM »
   Thank you for asking the question, and thank everyone for being humble enough to let Beowolf know he is not a lone dummy!
  I learned to judge by looking at the valves to see when they are fully closed...
General Discussion / Re: How to remove EV ignition switch?
« Last post by dguzzi on Today at 05:10:33 PM »
  Even Lucas likes DeOxit!
General Discussion / Re: How to remove EV ignition switch?
« Last post by elrealistico on Today at 04:25:52 PM »
Maybe a spritz of Deoxit?
G5 is basically a 1000 edition of the T3, or?
The V7 is what initially attracted me to Guzzis five plus years ago, I REALLY thought I wanted one.

However, the more I learned, the more older models replaced the V7 as objects of desire. I began to fall in love with the styling of the V700s/Ambassadors/Eldorados.

Does a more modern midsize Guzzi with that same design language even exist? (I know I should ride one to be sure, but I've written off Californias as too big and unwieldy.)

If it helps, I'm also a big fan of the look of the RE Classic 350, but its performance envelope seems to have too much overlap with my Piaggio Liberty. The Super Meteor is less aesthetically attractive IMO, but (with bags and a screen) it's sort of in the right vein, plus it has a much more capable engine than the Classic.

Essentially, I'm wondering whether there are any other options for what I'm after besides:
I realize that, in a Guzzi forum, #2 will not be an attractive option for many...  :grin:

Well, it does not have quite the same look as an early Loop, but the G5 is one of my favorite Guzzi’s. 1000cc Vtwin, with a comfortable seat and riding position. IIRC, they were available from about 1978-1980. Sweet machine.

That Shotgun is a reasonable facsimile of what a modern Eldo would look like.  Interesting looking bike.

But there's nothing quite like a Loop. 

Nothing like the original V700, Love mine, I got 3, 2- completely disassembled & I ride this one

General Discussion / Re: MotoGP Sprint race…
« Last post by chuck peterson on Today at 03:37:07 PM »
Motorcycle parking at the Spain GP.. amazing racing

Joe Roberts, the only American in Moto2, takes a 2nd…and the first time since Nicky Hayden, leads the class.
I think the closest thing to a modern Loop is probably the Indian Scout series. Probably where I will be headed in a few years.

-AJ
General Discussion / Re: Price Check: 2008 Nevada 17,600 miles
« Last post by faffi on Today at 03:19:10 PM »
The last time I tipped it over, I could not right it by myself. They are a fairly top heavy bike.

I have crashed more bikes than I have dropped, but the only one dropped that caused serious effort to right, was by CBF1000A. Despite being only about 570 lbs wet, it was a heave and a half to get back onto its wheels (I thought I had put the side stand down, but had not  :rolleyes: ) Every other bike I have lifted, I have just grabbed the handlebars and raised them, no struggle. Obviously, CoG matter quite a bit, not just the weight.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here