Author Topic: Norge is home!  (Read 3623 times)

Offline Ringosdad

• New Egg
  • 07 Norge
Norge is home!
« on: January 11, 2019, 05:59:31 AM »
I picked up my Norge yesterday.  Had to trailer it though. Drove thru a bit of snow to get it! Pics as soon as this hillbilly figures out how to process them!
Never look straight up at a bird

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
Re: Norge is home!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 06:19:11 AM »
Sweet, enjoy.

Life is good.
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline kballowe

• - Kevin the Great -
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 06:22:17 AM »
Congratulations !
 :thumb:

Online Trialsman

• Gosling
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 09:05:05 AM »
When I bought mine, early March of '15, I rode it home to Pittsburgh from North Carolina.  There was about 2 feet of snow all along the roads in West Virginia.  Thankfully none on the road though.  enjoy the bike, they are great.
2010 FE570 Husaberg
2019 Alta Redshift EXR
2019 Alta Redshift EXR - clone
2021 Moto Guzzi V85TT Centenario
2024 Stelvio V100

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 09:05:05 AM »

Offline BRG-BIRD

• Hatchling
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 09:03:06 PM »
Congratulations!

oldbike54

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2019, 09:08:57 PM »
 Cool .

Dusty

Offline Ringosdad

• New Egg
  • 07 Norge
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2019, 07:38:40 AM »

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2019, 07:47:52 AM »
And it's in the fastest color too!

Just a few months to those lovely spring days for a long pleasant ride ....

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline blackbuell

• Gaggle Hero
  • Waitin' on the ghost of Tom Joad
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2019, 08:29:31 AM »
Nice bike Ringosdad.

I see it has sport mirrors. Did you get the original ones with the deal. What about a top case? looks like a Givi mounting platform for one.

I might have missed this: where did you get the bike?

Nice windscreen

They are great bikes! No doubt, you will get many enjoyable miles on it.

Jon
Bikes: 2007 Norge, YAM RD250, 2017 Indian Scout. 2021 V7 850 Special

I've been from Tucson to Tucumcari, Tehachapi to Tonopah

Offline Ringosdad

• New Egg
  • 07 Norge
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2019, 08:47:54 AM »
Nice bike Ringosdad.

I see it has sport mirrors. Did you get the original ones with the deal. What about a top case? looks like a Givi mounting platform for one.

I might have missed this: where did you get the bike?

Nice windscreen

They are great bikes! No doubt, you will get many enjoyable miles on it.

Jon
I  bought the bike from a friend of mine John wells. He is very active in the moto guzzi community. He and I  bought breva's  together some years back. This bike only has 7700 miles on it. No extra mirrors and no topcase. I've been bikeless for a few years and am looking forward to rallies and riding!

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2019, 09:42:42 AM »
That looks very nice mate, is it an '07 ?
The usual advice dispensed here is to check the condition of the swingarm races and suspension linkages (Roper is red hot on this and for good reason).
Make sure the startus mod has been done and if it is an '07, being a red one, would be a good idea to check the oil pump condition, there was a bit of a spate of suspect ones around the era of yours and mine (which I think is the same).
Suffice to say though that mine is a red '07 and fortunately I've had no trouble after 160,000
There'll be a fountain of good advice available here for you, and your bike has a reputation for being somewhat of a Rock of Gibraltar for dependability if you take the necessary preventative measures.
If it was available here in Oz, I would have grabbed it...
Well done.
Huzo.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 10:09:30 AM by Huzo »

Online blu guzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • Loves to ride
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2019, 09:53:55 AM »
handsome machine.  ease back into the riding, depending on how many years it has been, things may have changed since you last rode regularly.
Blue Guzz

Offline Ringosdad

• New Egg
  • 07 Norge
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2019, 10:01:35 AM »
That looks very nice mate, is it an '07 ?
The usual advice dispensed here is to check the condition of the swingarm races and suspension linkages (Roper is red hot on this and for good reason).
Make sure the startus mod has been done and if it is an '07, being a red one, would be a good idea to check the oil pump condition, there was a bit of a spate of suspect ones around the era of yours and mine (which I think is the same).
Suffice to say though that mine is a red '07 and fortunanately I've had no trouble after 160,000
There'll be a fountain of good advice available here for you and your bike has a reputation for being somewhat of a Rock of Gibraltar for dependability if you take the necessary preventative measures.
If it was available here in Oz, I would have grabbed it...
Well done.
Huzo.
yes its an 07. It has 7700 miles. The fellow who I bought it from  is a techy to say the least! I will check with him about these issues. It has a mistrel exhaust and the necessary mapping adjustments have been made. He also gave me a new oil pump for it that he ordered out of precaution. I would imagine that he has addressed any issues, but I will check with him.

Offline Ringosdad

• New Egg
  • 07 Norge
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2019, 10:04:33 AM »
handsome machine.  ease back into the riding, depending on how many years it has been, things may have changed since you last rode regularly.
good advice!

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2019, 10:11:13 AM »
yes its an 07. It has 7700 miles. The fellow who I bought it from  is a techy to say the least! I will check with him about these issues. It has a mistrel exhaust and the necessary mapping adjustments have been made. He also gave me a new oil pump for it that he ordered out of precaution. I would imagine that he has addressed any issues, but I will check with him.
Sounds like you're across most of the stuff that matters.
Honestly mate, if you are not satisfied in any way regarding fuel consumption, get a Beetle map and have it properly tuned by a known good source.
There's just no better way to go IMO.
You're gunna' love that thing..!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 10:13:55 AM by Huzo »

Offline drdwb

• Gaggle Hero
    • backfeelsgreat.com
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2019, 11:13:56 AM »

The usual advice dispensed here is to check the condition of the swingarm races and suspension linkages ,
being a red one, would be a good idea to check the oil pump condition,
Well done.
Huzo.

Nice Bike. Really love the Red. I’m also very much a fan of the newer White ones. But am very happy with my 07 Silver Grey. I don’t want to hijack this thread but,
About the swing arm races and suspension linkages, has anyone seen a YouTube video or a link to detailed info on doing this? I’m about to do this on mine and would like a preview of what I’m getting into, so I can order parts that are known to be a problem before I start the process. My 07 has just under 40,000 miles on it I’m reasonably sure the 2 prior owners didn’t do it.
07 Norge, 05 Baby Breva, 04 Stone  Touring , 03 EV, 82 650 Maxim 79 XS750 Special 78XS1100 Teraplane side car

Offline blackbuell

• Gaggle Hero
  • Waitin' on the ghost of Tom Joad
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2019, 11:23:35 AM »
Ringosdad,

The 1st gen Norges with defective oil pumps were all red and were made in late 2006 and very early 2007. There is a list of the VIN #'s of the affected bikes somewhere on this forum. I have a red 2007 that was assembled in June 2007; it is outside of the range of the problem bikes.

Jon
Bikes: 2007 Norge, YAM RD250, 2017 Indian Scout. 2021 V7 850 Special

I've been from Tucson to Tucumcari, Tehachapi to Tonopah

twowings

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2019, 01:43:51 PM »
Ah, I remember that day...

Offline Ringosdad

• New Egg
  • 07 Norge
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2019, 04:03:08 PM »
Ringosdad,

The 1st gen Norges with defective oil pumps were all red and were made in late 2006 and very early 2007. There is a list of the VIN #'s of the affected bikes somewhere on this forum. I have a red 2007 that was assembled in June 2007; it is outside of the range of the problem bikes.

Jon
I  can't find that list of vins nowhere! If you run across it, will you send it to me? Feel free to pm me! Thanks

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2019, 05:04:07 PM »

If you bought one of John's bikes, the LAST thing you'll need to worry about is whether it's been completely updated, completely right inside and out, and well-cared-for ... !  :thumb:

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline Litre1000

• Hatchling
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2019, 05:35:01 AM »
I do not own a Moto Guzzi (yet), nor have I ever ridden one. I do wonder though, which is “sportier”? A Griso or a Norge? Once the bags are removed, the Norge “looks” sporty. I live in the middle of nowhere which offers a lot of open-road riding. No stoplight-to-stoplight riding. No drag racing. I’m more a fan of bikes with bodywork. The whole naked bike thing doesn’t really interest me. Granted, the Griso is kool looking and lighter, I’m sure. But there’s something about a red Norge...

Offline yrunvs

• New Egg
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2019, 04:56:34 PM »
Do the 2007 Norge and Griso share the same motor? Love your red Norge! She's a beauty
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 04:57:36 PM by yrunvs »

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2019, 07:51:51 AM »
Do the 2007 Norge and Griso share the same motor? Love your red Norge! She's a beauty
They are rather tasty aren't they ?
Same with Fender Stratocasters, they have to be red....
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 07:54:10 AM by Huzo »

Joe A.

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2019, 02:10:51 PM »
Congrats Ray! Welcome back :bike-037: Consider WNY this June.

Check your PM.

Joe

pete roper

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2019, 02:19:30 PM »
I do not own a Moto Guzzi (yet), nor have I ever ridden one. I do wonder though, which is “sportier”? A Griso or a Norge? Once the bags are removed, the Norge “looks” sporty. I live in the middle of nowhere which offers a lot of open-road riding. No stoplight-to-stoplight riding. No drag racing. I’m more a fan of bikes with bodywork. The whole naked bike thing doesn’t really interest me. Granted, the Griso is kool looking and lighter, I’m sure. But there’s something about a red Norge...

Much better suspension on the Griso but both need work to be optimal. Both will eat miles but if you want more wind protection the Norge would certainly be the better bet. Grisos crash better than Norge's. Less to snap off!

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here