Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: V85 valve adjustment gone wrong…
« Last post by John A on Today at 09:10:30 PM »
No need to ground the plug. Turned over fine. No sign of the broken piece. I’m guessing it passed through the exhaust already. Seems to turn over fine. Gina complete the valve check and go from there. I held the pen in my hand to prevent this but it did. I tried doing this gingerly but here I am.

I’m glad it’s a small plastic piece but wish it hadn’t occurred. There’s no way it’s still in there now.

The reason to  the plug is because if there is no place for the electricity to go, it can damage the ecu. You got lucky.
General Discussion / Re: Front brake cable holder
« Last post by Air-Cooled on Today at 09:03:14 PM »
I think It's the same p/n as the loop frames:: 55 43 65 25.   You could probably make one pretty easily.  I think the big challenge would be to find the rubber grommet that fits into the wire loop.

I believe that all of the Ambassadors or Eldorado's had the all rubber guide that requires fender drilling (not 100% sure on that). Rubber grommets come in many many sizes so I don't think that would be a problem.  I don't think I'd be very good at making a wire one, especially since I don't have an original to pattern it from.
« Last post by Air-Cooled on Today at 08:47:59 PM »
« Last post by AJ Huff on Today at 08:45:44 PM »
General Discussion / Re: V85 valve adjustment gone wrong…
« Last post by 1wild1 on Today at 08:45:08 PM »
I turn the motor till the exhaust valve is open and adjust the intake valve, then open the intake and adjust the exhaust. First  time I tried the tdc method the screwdriver stuck on me, probable same way it broke the pen. Decided I'd do it the other way.
I would never use a pressure washer on one of my bikes.
« Last post by matt franklin on Today at 08:20:56 PM »
I think It's the same p/n as the loop frames:: 55 43 65 25.   You could probably make one pretty easily.  I think the big challenge would be to find the rubber grommet that fits into the wire loop.
General Discussion / Front brake cable holder
« Last post by Air-Cooled on Today at 07:52:39 PM »
I'm trying to find a wire/grommet cable holder for my V7 Sport (pic below is not my bike), and it appears OEM is not available. eBay has no used ones at this time either.  I did find a source that sells a similar one for old BMWs.  Does anyone here know if this might work, or even better, know of a source for an OEM pair?  Used is fine.

General Discussion / Re: Mistral h-pipe with T3FB?
« Last post by Antietam Classic Cycle on Today at 06:43:44 PM »
Sounds like the Mistral crossover is wider than the original. Do you have the old crossover? If so, compare the widths. If not, I should have one around that I can measure.
I have a Masterforce (Menards house brand) electric @ 3000 PSI. I can’t imagine needing more power.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here