General Category > Bike Builds, Rebuilds And Restorations Only

Low Mileage LMIV on the lift

<< < (5/6) > >>

guzziart:

--- Quote from: Antietam Classic Cycle on April 28, 2022, 08:48:31 PM ---AMT is my "go to" supplier for tires. Unfortunately, the tires I needed this time were out of stock there. Had to deal with Chaparral (non-existent customer service) and JP Cycles (sent an old tire).

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I was disappointed that my BT46's from AMT are kind of old (front, 103 weeks & rear 63 weeks) but when I was looking last Fall everybody was out of the fronts and I wanted a matched pair so I put off buying jsut a rear.  In the past I rejected anything more than 8-10 monthes old, I guess those days are gone for the time being.  Anyway, these tires have to be better than the 12+ year old skins on the LMIVSE now. :laugh:

pressureangle:
For what it's worth, if I recall correctly Dyna doesn't recommend 3 ohm coils for long-term street use; the current through the module is higher than with the 5 ohm black coils. Maybe do some homework on that.

guzziart:

--- Quote from: guzziart on May 06, 2022, 06:39:41 AM ---Yeah, I was disappointed that my BT46's from AMT are kind of old (front, 103 weeks & rear 63 weeks) but when I was looking last Fall everybody was out of the fronts and I wanted a matched pair so I put off buying jsut a rear.  In the past I rejected anything more than 8-10 monthes old, I guess those days are gone for the time being.  Anyway, these tires have to be better than the 12+ year old skins on the LMIVSE now. :laugh:

--- End quote ---

Update:  I now have the BT46's on the SE and like them!

kfz:
BT46's  they are fantastic but dont expect  great mileage out of them...

kidsmoke:
Thanks for replying and reminding me I owe this thread an update. I've gotten this bike mechanically buttoned up and running well. I've listed everything above. Finally got the linked brakes properly bled after rebuild.

Only thing remaining is that the headlight and tailight fail to illuminate in std running mode, the brake light works when hitting the pedal, but not when using the front lever only. So the brake light bulbs are fine and there is power to them. the headlight works when flashing high beam, but not std running mode.

What say you? Switch gear or harness?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version