General Category > Bike Builds, Rebuilds And Restorations Only

Low Mileage LMIV on the lift

<< < (2/6) > >>

kidsmoke:

--- Quote from: lazlokovacs on March 24, 2022, 10:30:28 AM ---lovely bike

I think those dyna coils are 99percent likely to be junk now.

Great coils, but the manufacturer specifies that they must be mounted to the frame at both ends, this is to aid heat dissipation....

Looks like your PO took the easier cable tie route!

Brackets off 80s jap bikes can be fairly easily modified to fit the guzzi frame behind the side cover, If I had a smart phone I'd snap you some pics of how I did it...

And... is that a 16 front wheel? Make sure you run the updated air pressures.

FWIW I prefer a 16 wheel on the later lemans

--- End quote ---

You're spot on re: those coils. That's why I shared the photo, about the only headscratcher that arose during her disrobing, which is a good thing! That's the first order of business, fab'bing a mount.  I'm hoping you're wrong about them being toast. They've got less than 3k miles on them. I'm going to run them and hope. It'll be a quick trouble shoot if there is a fail.

Yessir...she's a legit survivor. 16" front wheel, airbox, even the 'colostomy bag'. Only the aforementioned coils and the mirrors were addressed over the first 37 years.

lazlokovacs:
good stuff let us know if the coils prove to be good....

Idontwantapickle:
You asked about tires.....
I have Pirelli Sport Demons on my 1985 Lemans 1000. They work a treat!

kidsmoke:

--- Quote from: Idontwantapickle on March 31, 2022, 02:26:00 PM ---You asked about tires.....
I have Pirelli Sport Demons on my 1985 Lemans 1000. They work a treat!

--- End quote ---

I appreciate the feedback! I’ve spent far more time entering tire sizes in an effort to find a matched set for this bike than I have all times previously combined, and came up empty 99 % of the time.  Pirelli included. Ended up getting a a pair of Battlax BT46. Literally the only set I could find.

Just got them on the bike today. Trying the coil mount solution tomorrow.

guzziart:

--- Quote from: kidsmoke on April 01, 2022, 11:49:24 PM ---Ended up getting a a pair of Battlax BT46. Literally the only set I could find.

--- End quote ---

I'm running Dunlop GT501's on my '87 LMIVSE w/16" front but they're near the end of their useful life.  I'd like to replace them with a matched set too but when I was looking last Fall everyone was out of stock on the fronts.  If you don't mind, I like to know where you were able to find your BT's.  The Dunlops were originally installed by the PO so, I replaced them with the same several years ago but never liked them because the rear wheel would loose traction when I'd roll on the throttle while midway through a turn from a stop..every now & then.

Thanks,

Art

PS - FWIW, I also put the ign coils & headlight circuits on a relays.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version