General Category > Bike Builds, Rebuilds And Restorations Only

Next project - 1977 Lemans

<< < (2/4) > >>

czakky82:
Lucky man :drool:

Scout63:
I figured out pumper carbs last night.  It was slow going rebuilding the first one.  The main jets were pretty chewed up and the pilot jets super clogged. Luckily the parts stash from Harry included bags of jets.  The only problem was reading them with my old eyes.

guzziart:
Yeah, these days I have a few magnifying glasses in the tool box and a cheapo from HF with base & aligator clips to hold work.  I should probably look into one of those fancy shmancy ones with an articulating arm & light.  Anyway, nice project bikes, looking forward to seeing more as the projects progess.

Canuck750:

--- Quote from: Scout63 on May 06, 2022, 05:44:48 AM ---I figured out pumper carbs last night.  It was slow going rebuilding the first one.  The main jets were pretty chewed up and the pilot jets super clogged. Luckily the parts stash from Harry included bags of jets.  The only problem was reading them with my old eyes.

--- End quote ---

Those pumper carbs baffle me, I have read up on the number of squirts the carb should deliver but still have not been able to replicate the ‘stock’ number of squirts by adjusting the set screw. Glad to hear someone has sorted them, maybe one day I will ‘get it’.
Nice machine you have there, it’s going to be a sweet ride when your done.

Dave Swanson:
A friend has owned his 1977 900SS for over 30 years and rides it regularly.  He found the pumpers to be problematic (fouling plugs) and disconnected it, and much prefers running it that way.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version