Author Topic: How best to spend a rainy day - Norge Style... :)  (Read 924 times)

Online PJPR01

• Gaggle Hero
  • Norge, Scura, Griso
How best to spend a rainy day - Norge Style... :)
« on: October 24, 2015, 06:13:44 PM »
Hurricane Patricia was barreling towards Puerto Vallarta with almost no warning...turning from a Tropical Storm to a Cat 5 in what seemed like 24-36 hours barely.  I wrapped a week of work/play in Guadalajara and flew out Thursday morning, beautiful easy flight 2 hour flight I have been doing now for a couple of years on the Embraer...how I would love to learn to fly one of these jets.  All the while back looking down at the clouds, I was hoping that the rain forecast for the Harvest Classic in Luckenbach would be a forecasting error, but alas it was not to be.

How best then to enjoy a wonderful rainy Saturday?  Well...cue up the Nespresso machine, draw a nice Ethiopian topped with a dash of milk - Argentine style (Lagrima)...

At that point, I decided that I might as well put Mother Nature to work and put all the cars out in the driveway to get a nature wash...a week of sitting had gathered dust and dirt and they needed some help.  With my trusty sidekick yellow Labrador watching on (aptly named Rubio - named after Blondie from The Good, The Bad and the Ugly) and a garage full of open space, I decided to give the Norge a bath from top to bottom.  Looking good and ready for when the rain stops in a few days, can't wait to hear it purr again and twist the throttle for another Guzzi rally sometime soon, or perhaps a mid November trip back to Austin or Hill Country to ride the 3 Twisted Sisters again.  Hoping we don't get too much flooding, just a few feet will be fun to go around and explore the town as we usually do with our local Land Rover club. 

Cheers from the wet Bayou City!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 06:20:14 PM by PJPR01 »
Paul R
2021 Honda Goldwing Bagger Manual Cement Gray
2015 Red/Black Griso
2008 Silver Norge
2002 V11 Scura

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here