Author Topic: Alive again!!!  (Read 1856 times)

Offline injundave

• Gosling
Alive again!!!
« on: July 03, 2016, 10:48:39 PM »
I have not ridden my Guzzi for about eight weeks for a couple of reasons. Firstly I dropped it, at standstill, when I didn't get my foot down in time. The clutch perch broke and a new one for a T3 is not something you can get easily. I got one which is the same as that on my V50 but could not get the wiring on the left bar to go through it easily (No holes in the bars) without major work. I therefore decided to fit a Chinese-made switch and sat back to wait for that to arrive. Then, six weeks ago I went into hospital and had the plumbing cleaned out. They did it with a laser and now, like Chuck in Indiana, I once again "pee with velocity." The doc said no riding for six weeks and that's up tomorrow so......

This afternoon is a beautiful fine winter's day here in Hawke's Bay with a temperature of 12C (55F), sunny, dry and without a breath of wind. Over the last two days I have spent some time doing the wiring of the new switch and, apart from forgetting to wire in the tail light (easily fixed), when I had finished everything worked. The switch does not have a flasher function and the idiot lights for the headlight don't work but my Indian doesn't have them either and I don't miss them. While I was about it I also added a small LED light next to the headlight. It is very bright, even in strong sunlight and I hope the usual collection of blind car drivers and pedestrians may be able to see me coming.

I pulled the bike out of the garage and went for a short ride, only about 5 miles, but it felt wonderful and I am, as the subject line suggests, alive again. I can still feel where the laser did it's stuff as I have a small, tender spot somewhere in the middle right where seat and body meet. It is not painful, it's just there. It should diminish in time, I hope.

I have suggested to Chuck that we form a group within this forum fro those of us who have had prostate surgery. I suggested it be called "Velocipedes", Guzzi riders who pee with velocity again. Any takers?
1975 850 T3
1980 V50 (Now belongs to my daughter)
2019 V85TT

Offline pete mcgee

• Gosling
Re: Alive again!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 02:31:02 AM »
Sorry mate,
That's one sub club you couldn't drag me to with tame elephants.
I am however glad to hear you can now pee and miss your feet.
Get well.
Pete (no not the Bungendore one)

Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people look intelligent until you hear them speak....

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • On the backside of the planet.
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 02:52:38 AM »
Count me out..........at least for the moment.
Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

Offline balvenie

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2016, 04:56:36 AM »
Good to see that you can laugh about it id. All the best with your new riding career :thumb:
Oz
04 Cali
As ye practice, so do ye teach.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2016, 04:56:36 AM »

Online Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2016, 10:46:41 AM »
I'm in. We need a club shirt.. :smiley:
I look like someone brought a sword to a gun fight, though.  Fortunately, I overcame him.. :cool: :boozing: Want to see my scars?  :evil:
That first ride *is* great, isn't it? Attaboy.
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline Arizona Wayne

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2016, 02:57:02 PM »
Guess you guys are a bit ahead of me........I can still pee but the velocity is pretty much gone.  :huh:

Offline injundave

• Gosling
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2016, 06:00:50 PM »
Statistics say that almost all men over 60 will have some kind of prostate problem, either enlargement or cancer. Get yourself checked regularly and order your shirt now.
1975 850 T3
1980 V50 (Now belongs to my daughter)
2019 V85TT

Offline Arizona Wayne

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2016, 06:05:58 PM »
Statistics say that almost all men over 60 will have some kind of prostate problem, either enlargement or cancer. Get yourself checked regularly and order your shirt now.

My father died from prostrate cancer.  I'm 72 and have no pain and can pee any time I want to, so don't know if I'm  really in harms way yet now or not.

Online Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2016, 06:08:01 PM »

I suggested it be called "Velocipedes", Guzzi riders who pee with velocity again. Any takers?
Hmmm, Penderic? I'm having a problem coming up with a picture.  :smiley:
Guzzi Andy is going in for a rooter job this week, but he's too cheap to buy a shirt.. I'd buy him one. That makes three..
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline HDGoose

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2016, 08:08:30 AM »
Hmmm, Penderic? I'm having a problem coming up with a picture.  :smiley:
Guzzi Andy is going in for a rooter job this week, but he's too cheap to buy a shirt.. I'd buy him one. That makes three..

I'm scheduled for the scope on August 8th. We'll see what happens then.

Offline luthier

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2016, 08:29:12 AM »
I'm in. We need a club squirt.. :smiley:

Yeah righton.

Offline pat80flh

• Gosling
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2016, 11:31:13 AM »
Save me a shirt, I've been on "watchful waiting"  for 8 years now.
00 Bassa
80 FLH (in rehab)
84 V65C
75 850T prject

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here