General Category > General Discussion

2020 v7 iii tune bin vs 2017

(1/2) > >>

xackley:
I would like to check out if there is any difference in the late III  tune compared to my 2017 V7.
Is there someone willing to send me a link to their saved oem bin file or PM me for my email address?

Or if  you know they are the same, let me know it is  a waste of time.

Thank you
Don

usedtobefast:

--- Quote from: xackley on August 04, 2022, 12:54:37 PM ---I would like to check out if there is any difference in the late III  tune compared to my 2017 V7.
Is there someone willing to send me a link to their saved oem bin file or PM me for my email address?

Or if  you know they are the same, let me know it is  a waste of time.

Thank you
Don

--- End quote ---

I was happy enough with my 2017's running that I didn't really feel the need for a remap.  I then put on some an Agostini exhausts and decided to get the appropriate Beatle map at that time ... and it did run better than stock.

As for a newer Moto Guzzi approved/delivered map, wouldn't your Moto Guzzi dealer know?  And I assume if you took the bike in for them to load the new map they would charge you something for that?

Beatle also has a "stock" exhaust map for the V7 iii bikes.

So personally, I would either leave it alone or spend $100 on a Beatle map. 

moto-uno:
  ^  "Beetle"   :thumb: . Peter 

xackley:
Which map did you find appropriate for the Agostini? From reading post about Agostini on a v7, it appears most riders think that the oem tune works, with no need for an update.

--- Quote from: usedtobefast on August 05, 2022, 10:37:37 AM ---I was happy enough with my 2017's running that I didn't really feel the need for a remap.  I then put on some an Agostini exhausts and decided to get the appropriate Beatle map at that time ... and it did run better than stock.

As for a newer Moto Guzzi approved/delivered map, wouldn't your Moto Guzzi dealer know?  And I assume if you took the bike in for them to load the new map they would charge you something for that?

Beatle also has a "stock" exhaust map for the V7 iii bikes.

So personally, I would either leave it alone or spend $100 on a Beatle map.

--- End quote ---

usedtobefast:

--- Quote from: xackley on August 08, 2022, 10:48:44 PM ---Which map did you find appropriate for the Agostini? From reading post about Agostini on a v7, it appears most riders think that the oem tune works, with no need for an update.

--- End quote ---

Sure, you can bolt on the Agostini's and ride ride ride and not worry about it.  The bike was not running horrid or anything.  I sent a msg to Beatle at that time and he had an improved map so I just decided to go with that. 

Theoretically, with the better map, it will run cooler and smoother, and vibrate less.  I noticed the smoother & less vibration, and it seemed to rev up faster ... but don't really know about running cooler.  For me, $100 to have the bike run better was worth it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version