General Category > General Discussion

BMW R75 (Ngc)

<< < (3/3)

leafman60:

--- Quote from: Lannis on January 25, 2015, 07:43:03 AM ---I agree, but how much do you think it will take to GET it from the owner?

--- End quote ---

That is very hard to guess.  I'm around a lot of BMW people. A friend owns a dealership (also Guzzi) and another friend is the general manager. They get stuff for nothing all the time. Anybody with an old BMW they wanna get rid of stops in there to see if they can unload it. They've bought at least one old airhead for $300 in the last year or so and another for about $500. Both were totally fixable and one is being ridden.

Another good friend and former BMW fanatic had two nice, rideable airheads, an R75/5 (toaster) and an R90/6 along with a storage trailer full of engines, body parts, seats and other paraphernalia. He offered it all to me for $5000. I turned it down because I already have more things to say grace over than I need.

The dealer ended up with it all.  He turned around and sold the toaster for about $5000.

As I said earlier, go here and take a look-

http://marketplace.ibmwr.org/ads/rabs

As with anything, price depends on condition and motivation/knowledge of the sellers and buyers.

Dimples:

For fun and perspective, I meticulously restored this ($600. non-runner) 1973 toaster in 2009 and sold it for $4500. on ebay when the surplus was blown. Three white Cravens and rack included along with original sales receipts-- I was the second owner. It was the third R75/5 LWB bike (and last) I have owned. I regret not keeping the white body parts. But things were looking dark in those days.

jas67:
Beautiful!    :drool

Cam3512:

--- Quote from: jas67 on January 25, 2015, 09:02:02 PM ---Beautiful!    :drool

--- End quote ---

:+1

Spectacular white toaster with those Cravens!

steven c:
 I restored a 72 R60/5 back in the mid 90's. Fun bike to ride, great back road bike and would cruise all day on the highway, wouldn't mine having another.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version