Author Topic: Anyone here in Pasadena, Maryland?  (Read 329 times)

Offline rfguy

• New Egg
Anyone here in Pasadena, Maryland?
« on: December 04, 2021, 07:57:59 PM »
Evening All,
Jim here in Cleburne, Texas. I've been a convert to the marquee since Dad died in 2005, and left me a 1971 Ambassador about 80% restored. I finished it up, was surprised I liked it that much, and rode it the next ten years. Finally swapped it for a 2014 Cali Custom, and haven't looked back since. Now, I've recently been presented with a few lifestyle choices (health, family location issues, and some other stuff), and one makes me think of asking the group here. Any folks here within say 30 miles of Pasadena, Maryland? I may wind up becoming a transplant here next Spring, and wondering if there are any regular gatherings (under an hour maybe) in the area. Recently renewed MGNOC membership (honestly had just forgotten about it. Email hasn't changed for 20+ years??). Anyway I know all about Charley M. in the area (he helped me a little with the Ambassador all those years ago). I've been very used to (and appreciative) of the low traffic and good road maintenance down here in Johnson County, Texas. Not really looking forward to having to deal with Maryland traffic again after 20+ years, know what I mean? ;-)

Online Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
Re: Anyone here in Pasadena, Maryland?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2021, 08:23:50 PM »
The MD/DC Guzzi Breakfast is still going, it moves to a different location each month, Frederick area mostly.
Charlie

Offline jumpmaster

• Gosling
Re: Anyone here in Pasadena, Maryland?
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2021, 10:49:31 AM »
Hmmmm.  I live about 2/3 way btwn Pasadena & Antietam Classic Cycles (Charlie Mullendore) & am familiar with the Pasadena area in a general sensce, but I'm not an expert.  I think you're kind of out of luck in Pasadena if you're trying to avoid traffic, but you can find some nicer riding probably 20-30 minutes from there.  Threading the needle btwn Wash. DC & Baltimore will get you into central & NW MD, which have lots of nice secondary roads. North around Baltimore there is also good riding up to and beyond the PA line - but the further east you go in that area the more congested/crowded it gets.  SSW from Pasadena into southern MD can be interesting, too, if you do a little research on destinations.

DC, Annapolis, and Baltimore are also interesting destinations (along with SE PA & northern & central DE) for non-riding day trips, too, so the news isn't all bad.  Also, once you get outside of major metropolitan areas the road maintenance improves dramatically for the most part in all the areas I've mentioned.  Lots of Civil War-related destinations within day-trip striking distance in central MD & northern VA which can be easily reached using pleasant secondary road routes, with a little research & planning.
JC
90 Mille GT (sold), 73 Eldorado, 75 Norton Commando, 46 Whizzer, 13 Harley Road Glide

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here