Author Topic: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !  (Read 1027729 times)

Offline Mc Tes

• New Egg
Re: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !
« Reply #2940 on: January 06, 2020, 12:20:15 PM »
Hello, I just bought a Guzzi V7 III Limited.
I am from Belgium and I am certainly not a mechanic minded persoon although I can bite in a problem till I found the sollution
I retired resently and decided to bike again.
I am very pleased with the Guzzi is still at the dealer till my extra gargage become available.
Married and live happy at the Belgian coast.

Happy new year to everybody!

Marcel

Offline Off @ 90

• Heron Head Heretic.
  • New Egg
« Reply #2941 on: January 06, 2020, 07:53:26 PM »
Hello , Happy New Year
Duncan Atkinson 59
Helicopter engineer
 Nelson ,New Zealand.
Acquired a V7 Stornello  8 months ago after owning a Breva  750 ,MG  850 GT long ago in late 70s ,various Japanese bikes and a Jawa 350 twin.
Duncan

Offline HaroldMcGruther

• New Egg
« Reply #2942 on: January 07, 2020, 11:23:55 PM »
My name is Harold McGruther. I’m a middle-aged, self-employed motorcycle industrialist living in Southern California. My 2020 Moto Guzzi V88TT is the second European motorcycle I’ve purchased in the previous 14 months; a 2018 BMW RnineT was the first. I sold the BMW after my first ride on the V85TT; MG’s alleged all-terrain motorcycle is THAT good.

Plans this year include my third high-mileage motorcycle adventure, this time with enough gear and cash to stay on back roads and cheap hotels for at least three weeks.

Any tips?

I am the co-founder and product manager at Biltwell Inc., a small motorcycle parts and riding gear company dedicated to the blue-collar bikerider.

Current stable includes the aforementioned MG V85tt and a 2016 Suzuki DRZ400sm on 21/18 MX wheel package.

My other passions are bicycles: building them, flipping them on eBay, and of course riding them.

Ask me anything—I’m an open book

Offline Edoardo

• New Egg
« Reply #2943 on: January 11, 2020, 12:59:50 AM »
Buogiorno

My name is Ed and I live on the western coast of Australia near Perth. On the map that's on the left side a bit up from the bottom.

Several years ago while on a holiday in Italy I visited the Moto Guzzi factory. That visit must have lit a slow-burning fuse because in the middle of last year I bought a V7 III Milano.

A bit of looking around on the internet lead me to this site.

I've been lurking for a while and I like what I've seen.

If I think I have something to contribute, I'll join in the conversation.
Ed

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #2943 on: January 11, 2020, 12:59:50 AM »

Offline Scottva62

• Scottva
  • New Egg
« Reply #2944 on: January 11, 2020, 09:10:21 AM »
Im Scott from VA,getting back into  biking after a 20 year break, looking at the MG V7III. At 6.2 and 34 inch inseam it appears a little tight. Lots of good info so far I’m wondering if a two inch drop on the pegs will be too much. Off to more research.

:bike-037:
Live Life

Offline jared p

• New Egg
« Reply #2945 on: January 14, 2020, 10:18:13 AM »
Jared from Seattle area of Washington state, middle aged and slowing, work in healthcare and motorbikes
Nun sacciu, nun vidi, nun ceru e si ceru durmiv

Offline rayray

• New Egg
« Reply #2946 on: January 14, 2020, 04:20:10 PM »
Greetings, he said knowingly. My name is Ray, and I am a 56 year old male heterosexual, Christian, Father of four, registered pharmacist, resident of Wellington, New Zealand, and owner of a 1991 Moto Guzzi Targa 750, which is the latest addition to my garage, within which I enjoy tinkering on bikes and other things. Hows That !
If the object of your life is worthy enough,
And your perception of it sufficiently clear,
You shall not lack the steadfastness
with which to achieve it.
(Cobden)

Offline AlexL95

• New Egg
« Reply #2947 on: January 16, 2020, 07:47:32 PM »
Alex, 25, Sales Rep, Dallas, TX

Offline 2Nr

• New Egg
« Reply #2948 on: January 16, 2020, 07:49:26 PM »
Hey All.
 I am Stephen from the very Wet, West BC coast Canada!
 Thanks for the Add... life is grand til the plates came off...counting down days to new plates and riding season! :grin: :boozing:
2Nr

Offline 89quattro

• New Egg
« Reply #2949 on: January 19, 2020, 06:33:13 PM »
Hello all,

New to the group.
Based in Staten Island, NY.
Old enough to collect social security, but still working in the pharmaceutical field.
Needed something to keep my 2004 1150 RT company.
I have a 2014 California Touring with 2.4K miles on it's way over from a HD dealer in southern California.
First Guzzi experience for me. Weaned a log time ago on the usual suspects...Norton's, Triumphs, BSA, and an occasional Yamaha and Honda that filled in the void's created by Master Lucus, prince of darkness, and the miscues created by machinist's who had 1 pint too many before their shifts assembling new Triumph's in England.
2014 California 1400 Touring (in transit)
2004 BMW R1150 RT

Offline Grog

• New Egg
« Reply #2950 on: January 21, 2020, 09:21:24 AM »
G,day

Greg (Grog)

68, retired and enjoying life...

Perth, Australia

Apart from numerous other bikes have owned a Mk 3, presently fully restoring my Sport 1100ie which I have brought new and have travelled extensively around Australia on.

I don't own my Sport, she lives in my heart!

Offline DesertPilot

• Gosling
« Reply #2951 on: January 24, 2020, 09:10:25 PM »
Hello everyone,

My name's Paul and I'm an aging space physicist and hang glider pilot living in the San Francisco Bay Area.  After many years of riding small sport twins, followed by more years owning a triple, I decided that my beloved Tiger 800 wasn't quite working out for the kind of riding I liked.  Time and time again, I'd start down an interestingly 'rustic' road and think, "If I drop this beast -- all too likely how top-heavy it is and what's lying ahead -- I'm pretty much hosed."

This prompted a search for replacement.  It had to have a lower center of gravity, be substantial enough to shrug off long drives on the freeway, easy to maintain -- the thought of synchronising the throttle bodies on the Triumph was never cause for joy -- and another twin would be nice, but it couldn't be a BMW, because around here, I could see myself entirely unable to remember which of the 28 identical R1200GS's in that parking lot was mine.  It also had to make me smile. and pass the all-important 'go out at night to look at it in the garage' test.   Several friends back east had owned Guzzis in years gone by, one mentioned this phenomenon known as a V85 TT, I got to reading reviews, watching those insidious videos, thinking far too much... and...

Ye gods, what have I done!

But I must say, the 'it had to make me smile' part is working out better than I dreamed possible.  Every time I turn the key, I end up smiling from ear to ear :)

Thanks for letting me join this forum, and I'm looking forward to hearing stories and soliciting advice from wiser minds than my own,
Paul

Offline mma1778

• New Egg
« Reply #2952 on: January 25, 2020, 11:58:39 PM »
Michael M
63 yo
Technician and Director of Training @ Optimum Performance Motorsports
Kirkland, Wa

« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 03:05:47 PM by mma1778 »

oldbike54

« Reply #2953 on: January 26, 2020, 03:56:17 AM »
 Welcome folks .

Dusty

Offline MrKiwi

• Downunder
  • New Egg
« Reply #2954 on: January 27, 2020, 05:17:39 PM »
Hi y'all, MrKiwi from downunder logging in for the first time.

I have previously owned a range of bikes, but never a Motto Guzzi. However, I have wanted to own one since first riding bikes in the 70's, and last week I pressed the go button.

I sold my 2016 Africa Twin (DCT version) and bought a V85TT, the red and white version. I optioned it with a centre stand, panniers and crash bars. I'm now running it in and am loving it. (Pic below - linked)

« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 05:19:28 PM by MrKiwi »
2014 California

oldbike54

« Reply #2955 on: January 27, 2020, 08:01:05 PM »
 ^^^Welcome bud  :thumb:

Dusty

Offline ahoward125

• New Egg
« Reply #2956 on: February 04, 2020, 07:59:56 AM »
Hi,
AJ
Baltimore MD
Teacher
I'm back on the website (could not remember my log in info, so new account) after a hiatus from riding due to elbow issues. Been thinking about getting a bike for a little fun riding.
Was going to "borrow" the Kawasaki W-650 I sold my brother a long time ago, then a 2002 black and chrome EV dropped into my lap. It was dropped a few years back, so it has some scuffs, and it needs some TLC. I've always loved the Cali EV's and I realize that it would have been a better fit for me than my first Gussi, a V11 Rosso Corsa.
I will be searching the archives for all the info on these bikes. (wonder if I will be able to find an "oil" thread) 

2002 California EV Black and Chrome (anyone have a good suggestion for dealing with the flaking paint around the fuel fill)
past Guzzi's
1980 Convert (my favorite bike ever!)
2008 (?) 1200 Sport 2 valve per head
2004 Rosso Corsa

oldbike54

« Reply #2957 on: February 13, 2020, 01:35:47 PM »
 Hi Richard , you already have several friends here , the arm twisting finally worked  :laugh:

Dusty

Offline troppo lento

• New Egg
« Reply #2958 on: February 15, 2020, 03:30:14 PM »
Tim from the flatlands of East Dakota, retired, after 8 BMW GS's from an 88 Airhead to a 2014 'Waterboxer' I bought a 2014 Stelvio with lots of farkles and a fresh service including the fork rebuild and new Metzlers.
Still a foot of snow on the ground here so no early season rides but can't wait.

Offline Mr.Rodgers

• New Egg
« Reply #2959 on: February 15, 2020, 05:42:51 PM »
 Introduce myself ... Hmmm..   OK, my name is David Rodgers, in March I turn 62, I started riding motorcycles when I was 16 I've probably got in excess of 300,000  Miles on bikes. Even though I am from Canada I live in miles. I've owned cruisers and touring bikes, crotch rockets need not apply…  however I did on a Harley the rod muscle for period of time, until I realized the tank was too darn small.  I'm X military and that comes with its own problems, after getting out I worked as a park ranger in the summer and a professional ski patroller in the winter, then started my own landscaping business.   I've been hit three times by people wanting my lane more than I did and written off three motorcycles. My wife doesn't like me riding anything with two wheels. My last bicycle crash netted me three broken ribs and a collapsed lung.   Darn bikes and more dangerous than my motorcycles. Now I am retired and looking for my 14th motorcycle… Possibly a MGX 21 but after reading the problems considering a timing chain ..  Enough said
Anything worth doing,  is worth doing to excess

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2960 on: February 18, 2020, 02:57:15 PM »
  Now I am retired and looking for my 14th motorcycle… Possibly a MGX 21 but after reading the problems considering a timing chain ..  Enough said

This is a good time to be looking for motorcycles .... There are not only new ones, but 100+ years worth of old ones on the market, in every condition from as-new to old projects.

You ought to be able to find something you like from THAT selection!    Like many of us, maybe a favorite from the past that will bring back part of your long-ago youth .....  :thumb: ?
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline berniebee

• 2020 Board Donor
  • Gaggle Mentor
Guzziless
« Reply #2961 on: February 19, 2020, 04:02:57 PM »
Hi everyone,

I'm Bernie, retired and living in Ottawa, Canada. It's well below freezing on this February afternoon and about three feet of snow covers the front yard.

I am without Guzzi presently, but I'm seriously thinking of purchasing a V7 Classic. I'd like to hear that 90 degree v-twin sound again and the Classic's looks remind me of good old Guzzis that I've lusted after in the past. (But never been able to afford!)

I've owned many bikes, but only one Italian, a '78 Ducati Darmah.
Right now I'm riding a '76 Yamaha XS500.

I'll be lurking around here, trying to pick up tips on finding parts and buying a used Guzzi, especially any thing I need to watch for in particular on the V7 Classic.

Offline mselzler

• Not Dead Yet
  • New Egg
« Reply #2962 on: February 19, 2020, 08:57:16 PM »
Hello All.  My name is Mark and I'm new to the forum.  Although I have always admired the Guzzi line, an absence of dealerships here in the Inland Pacific Northwest, (Spokane, Wa./Couer d' alene ID. region for those of you east of the Rockies), and a couple other priority purchases have stalled my efforts to obtain a model that perked my interest...until now.   I will be picking up my almost new 2017 Red Guzzi California Touring machine early next week with a total of 1500 miles on the clock at a very, very good price. Going to Portland to pick it up and after inspection will bring it home to greet its' new stable mates.  I like a big cruiser, and I like a little exclusivity that goes along with owning this ride.

Been riding for 30 years and have yet to see a Guzzi in my neck of the woods....at least one that stood out.  I am a pretty fair garage wrench and have not visited a service bay in 20 years.  I know the Guzzi line can perhaps be a challenge, but this bike is by no means an everyday rider.  The Cali will likely be a keeper that still has some depreciation to accumulate but I am hoping that my soon to be middle-aged sons will carry on the pride of ownership legacy of this ride and a couple others I intend to pass down.

The information and knowledge I have obtained from this site and a couple others have proved an excellent primer for what I hope to be a robust experience.  With that said, I ride almost every day and have a very usable mix of two-wheels including a 2019 KAW Versys 300x (Idaho forest roads), 2018 Triumph Speedmaster (townie and rural ride), 2017 Suzuki V-Strom 650xt (back roads and tripp'n), 2012 Bonneville T-100 with plenty of mods (Sundays mostly), a shiny 2008 Anniversary Harley Super-Glide (whenever ride...except wet), and a raised-in-front and slammed-in-back 2001 Sportster 1200 that requires a permit for all that chrome (another waterless whenever ride). 

Garage is full and I am content for the moment.  There ya go, that's me in a nutshell.  I will share a pic of my Guzzi on the next post.  Would appreciate a nod from any Guzzi enthusiasts in the area for the opportunity to meet and greet and share some Guzzi lore, tips and tricks.  -Mark
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 09:01:55 PM by mselzler »
The Harem;
-2019 KAW Versys300x
-2018 Triumph Speedmaster
-2017 V-Strom 640xt
-2017 Guzzi California Touring
-2012 Bonneville T-100
-2008 Harley Dyna Super Glide
-2001 Harley 1200 Sportster (slammed)

Offline Scout63

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2963 on: February 19, 2020, 09:12:46 PM »
Hello All. I am Ben, an attorney living in eastern Massachusetts USA. I’m 56 and have been riding since I was 14.  Present bikes include a ‘71 BMW R75/5, 1978 Yamaha SR500 and a fresh fully restored 1972 Norton Commando.  In the past several years I’ve become more interested in working on bikes although I still ride most days throughout the year.  About a year ago I purchased a 1979 MG V1000G5 as a favor to a client who was cleaning out his barn. It was original and complete with no alterations save for a Vetter fairing but pretty rusty. I paid him $200.00 and even at that I was hesitant.  I want to try my chops at a semi custom build - sort of an easy cruiser with floorboards and modeled after the Dover white /2 bmw’s.  I’ll start a build thread and post pictures.  My best to all.
Ben Zehnder - Orleans, MA USA

Offline omguzzi

• New Egg
« Reply #2964 on: February 20, 2020, 10:13:14 AM »
Hi everyone,

I am Andrea (M), Italian living in Spain.
36 yo, marketing consultant.

I've been reading this forum for years now, and since I finished the rehab after a crash this summer (good trip through the alps and pyrenees with my 2001 honda cb 500), it's now new bike time. And I am about to see a V7II, so fingers crossed!

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • On the backside of the planet.
« Reply #2965 on: February 23, 2020, 04:40:37 AM »
Three Kiwis on this page alone! :thumb:

Welcome to the madness guys. 

Off @ 90, were you at the Tattley Rappet at Mot on Labour Weekend?  Nice and close to home.  I was born and bred in Golden Bay, and spent a couple of years at Nelson College.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 04:43:32 AM by Muzz »
Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

Offline chrisfer

• Hatchling
« Reply #2966 on: February 23, 2020, 09:44:13 AM »
Hello,
I'am Chrisfer from France near Toulouse (Albi), 50yo.
Riding Guzzi since 1995 with a Nevada 750, a V11, another V11 Rosso Corsa and now a return to small block with a very Pleasant 2019 V7 III Carbon.
2022 V7 850 Stone - 2019 V7 III Carbon - 2004 V11 RossoCorsa - 2002 V11 Le Mans - 1995 750 Nevada

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2967 on: February 23, 2020, 05:47:36 PM »
Hello,
I'am Chrisfer from France near Toulouse (Albi), 50yo.
Riding Guzzi since 1995 with a Nevada 750, a V11, another V11 Rosso Corsa and now a return to small block with a very Pleasant 2019 V7 III Carbon.

We don't get much input from French members; if you're out riding and can post a few pictures, we'd love to know what it's like riding around where you live .... !

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline chrisfer

• Hatchling
« Reply #2968 on: February 27, 2020, 11:37:49 AM »
We don't get much input from French members; if you're out riding and can post a few pictures, we'd love to know what it's like riding around where you live .... !

Lannis
Here you can see my local little roads in my country : https://youtu.be/1T-9tXeNKqchttps://youtu.be/tOU1u93Y1wk  :bike-037:
« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 11:57:40 AM by chrisfer »
2022 V7 850 Stone - 2019 V7 III Carbon - 2004 V11 RossoCorsa - 2002 V11 Le Mans - 1995 750 Nevada

Offline Mr.Rodgers

• New Egg
« Reply #2969 on: February 27, 2020, 01:02:31 PM »
This is a good time to be looking for motorcycles.
You ought to be able to find something you like from THAT selection!    Like many of us, maybe a favorite from the past that will bring back part of your long-ago youth .....  :thumb: ?
Currently looking at an Audace Carbon..  Mmmmmm
Anything worth doing,  is worth doing to excess

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here