Author Topic: OK fellas  (Read 11168 times)

Penderic

Re: OK fellas
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2015, 04:53:26 PM »

:azn:

Offline bad Chad

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2015, 04:56:14 PM »
I understand your point Oldbike54.   But I agree with Bill, you should change the title of this thread to reach more of us.   I wasn't going to click "Ok Fellas", because I had no idea what it was about, nor did a I care.  But after an hour of other stuff I was bored enough to click, just saying.
2007 Breva 1100  Red Arrow (and faster than yours!)
2016 CSC 250TT Zongshen
2017 V9 Roamer

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2015, 04:56:56 PM »
Yes it will . Fortunately , there is no real equivalency between being a mod and any of those other positions , those all entail monetary recompense , we just mostly get bitched at when something goes wrong here .

Dusty

I've heard that before.   "Why should I have to do a proper job?   I'm a volunteer, I'm not getting paid for this!"

Sad for the board.

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

canuguzzi

« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2015, 04:58:05 PM »

:azn:

Now hang on, I know there was a thread about stuffing pine boughs into a flat tire and making a go of it.  :grin:

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2015, 04:58:05 PM »

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2015, 05:11:28 PM »
Well , true to a certain extent , the mods must take greater pains to obey the spirit of the rules , but Luap places no restrictions on participation on either one of us .
  Dusty

Well good.  I hope that "the spirit of the rules" doesn't include any PM'ed threats, that wouldn't be very good.

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

oldbike54

« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2015, 05:15:09 PM »
Well good.  I hope that "the spirit of the rules" doesn't include any PM'ed threats, that wouldn't be very good.

Lannis

Really dude , you want to start a public fight with me instead of keeping it private  :huh: I have invited you to address any complaints about my style to Luap , please feel free .

Dusty

Offline maquette

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2015, 05:47:43 PM »
Cat fight!!   :popcorn:

Tom
Tom
Oriental, NC

'98 V11 EV

Online Luap McKeever

• Owner, WildGuzzi.com
  • Administrator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Lead, follow, or get out of the way!
    • Wildgoose Chase Moto Guzzi
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2015, 05:48:43 PM »
I've heard that before.   "Why should I have to do a proper job?   I'm a volunteer, I'm not getting paid for this!"
Sad for the board.
Lannis

Goes without saying.  As far as I'm concerned, we're all still "one of the boys".  We're all grown ups and in all reality should "self moderate".  If you're about to write something that you think may be offensive, chances are it will be.  Common sense should tell you not to write it.  Moderators jobs are to post occasional reminders of rules and try and "moderate" things when they appear to begin to get out of hand in the first place.  Proactive approach I like to say.

True, no one is getting paid for this.  Myself included.  I would like nothing more than to do this full time, but my wife and kids would disown me in about a week when the groceries were all gone and I had no money to replenish the vittles. :grin:

As far as "why should I have to do a good job, I'm a volunteer" goes. I volunteer all over the place.  Do pro bono work all the time.  Volunteer for charities, etc.  Guess I'm an odd-ball because I like to do my best at whatever I do, when I agree to do it in the first place.  Guess it was how I was raised.

I think Dusty was mainly pointing out that with winter time coming up, more and more people will be riding the virtual highway rather than the actual one and to simply remember that we have all types of audiences here.  Men, women, teenagers, athiests, religious, republicans, democrats, anti gunners, pro gunners, etc.  But, with all the different audiences we have, there is one thing we can all agree on and that is:

MOTO GUZZI baby :grin:  The way the V was meant to be.

Now, back to your regular scheduled programming.  :thumb:
Founder, Wildguzzi.com (est. 1998)
2021 V85TT Centenario E5
2001 California Special
2001 California EV
2020 Indian Challenger Limited

Online PJPR01

• Gaggle Hero
  • Norge, Scura, Griso
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2015, 05:53:48 PM »
Hear hear on Luap's note...

As far as a misleading title...I would have thought everyone on here, short timer or long timer would be intrigued enough to consider themselves one of the fellas, intuition is one thing most folks on here seem to have plenty of...click on the intriguing title and see if it applies to you, unless you prefer to not to be, in which you're perfectly entitled to not be a fella.  :)

Now...on the other hand, it could have been interpreted as completely exclusionary as in:  Oklahoma Fellas only...all the rest of you folks...are not included, but knowing the background, that wouldn't be the case!   :grin: :grin:

If we work hard at it over a couple of months, we might be able to get this thread up to 18 pages like the VW one!   :wink: :wink:
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 05:55:30 PM by PJPR01 »
Paul R
2021 Honda Goldwing Bagger Manual Cement Gray
2015 Red/Black Griso
2008 Silver Norge
2002 V11 Scura

nunzio

« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2015, 06:26:21 PM »
Oil threads are fine , just don't blame us when other members start  :rolleyes: :rolleyes:  :laugh: And yes , a sarcasm emo would be applicable , one of you smart guys work on that .

Dusty

+1

Offline tazio

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2015, 06:33:49 PM »
Dusty, your greatest asset, as I see it, is that sense of humor you got. Don't misplace it. (can't see you EVER losing it :thumb:)
You're gonna need it in here, for sure.
There are some extremely creative and intelligent people around this fire (you are one)
Some brilliant minds and some simple minds (I just raised my hand)..
We got cynics, we got "can't we all just get along" folks and we got button pushers.
And everything in between.
We all got great motorcycle stories to tell (attention ALL lurkers, post something/anything! about your life with a motorcycle!!)
It feels good to be a part of this discussion board, some are very intense about getting out their view points (bless them all), but rope themselves into thinking we'd all just love to hear their philosophies over and over and.....and it's all good, as long as it's not intentionally being taken down the tubes.
..Just my take on all this.
Hell, I love to hear myself talk most of the time, too!
  :afro:
Current Fleet
2015 Moto-Guzzi GRiSO
1972 Aermacchi Harley-Davidson 350 Sprint
1967 Kawasaki 650 W2TT
1966 Triumph Bonneville

oldbike54

« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2015, 06:39:45 PM »
Dusty, your greatest asset, as I see it, is that sense of humor you got. Don't misplace it. (can't see you EVER losing it :thumb:)
You're gonna need it in here, for sure.
There are some extremely creative and intelligent people around this fire (you are one)
Some brilliant minds and some simple minds (I just raised my hand)..
We got cynics, we got "can't we all just get along" folks and we got button pushers.
And everything in between.
We all got great motorcycle stories to tell (attention ALL lurkers, post something/anything! about your life with a motorcycle!!)
It feels good to be a part of this discussion board, some are very intense about getting out their view points (bless them all), but rope themselves into thinking we'd all just love to hear their philosophies over and over and.....and it's all good, as long as it's not intentionally being taken down the tubes.
..Just my take on all this.
Hell, I love to hear myself talk most of the time, too!
  :afro:

Yes , all of you lurkers , and non-lurkers , start threads , motorcycle related , camping stories , funny stuff , serious stuff , ask questions , state your opinions re motorbiking , new tech , old tech , heck , dog stories are wonderful  :laugh: Entertain us ,

PLEASE !

Dusty

Offcamber1

« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2015, 08:18:57 PM »
Careful there Lannis, or it'll be double extra secret probation for you!

Offline rboe

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2015, 08:22:13 PM »
Does that mean he won't know what hit him?  :boozing:

Sorry, low hanging fruit.  :undecided:
Phoenix, AZ
2000 Quota 1100 ES Black (sold & gone)
2008 Honda XR650L
2012 Griso SE
2013 Honda CB1100

oldbike54

« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2015, 08:52:29 PM »
 Just to clear up a thing or two . This thread was started due to a couple of threads that began something like this ; "You guys are stupid , moronic , etc , for not seeing that racer A is a jackass and racer B is a complete angel" . OK, not exactly , but you get the drift . The mods removed them before more than one or two members read them . Sorry for not clarifying this earlier .

Dusty

canuguzzi

« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2015, 08:58:38 PM »
Not to be confused with Speed Racer who would be a hero except he didn't ride a Moto Guzzi and his squeeze Trixie looked like a Yamaha kind of gal.

oldbike54

« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2015, 09:01:43 PM »
Not to be confused with Speed Racer who would be a hero except he didn't ride a Moto Guzzi and his squeeze Trixie looked like a Yamaha kind of gal.

Or Tom Slick  :laugh:

Dusty

bpreynolds

« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2015, 09:07:38 PM »
Luap has serious rules regarding civility on WG , those of you unwilling to respect this , calling other members stupid etc , will be subject to scrutiny . There are several social media outlets that allow free-for-all discussions about racing , guns , politics , all of those hot button issues . Please take your thoughts regarding those topics to those appropriate sites .

Thanks

Dusty

I'm Bipper and I fully endorse this message.   :thumb:

Offline lucian

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2015, 09:10:05 PM »
Gonna be a long winter. Can we still poop on harley's ?

Offline bad Chad

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2015, 09:17:42 PM »
Why have you not 'retitled this thread?    After all the threads over the years asking for folks to be clear in the title of their threads, why is this still "ok fellas"?
2007 Breva 1100  Red Arrow (and faster than yours!)
2016 CSC 250TT Zongshen
2017 V9 Roamer

oldbike54

« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2015, 09:20:13 PM »
Why have you not 'retitled this thread?    After all the threads over the years asking for folks to be clear in the title of their threads, why is this still "ok fellas"?

What would you like me to call it , OK you bunch of A holes , stop starting shit ? Would that make everyone happy ?

Dusty

Offline davedel44

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2015, 09:59:12 PM »
Gonna be a long winter. Can we still poop on harley's ?

After three days of hearing then roar all over the Island, I hardly endorse that use of band width.

Dave
Galveston
Bambino- 2013 V7 Stone

Offline davedel44

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2015, 10:17:44 PM »

Everybody needs to take a few deep breaths and calm down.  This debate is getting us as a group nowhere.  Let it slide brothers.  If we all take a break from this topic tonight, I sure cooler heads will prevail tomorrow.

Dave
Galveston
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 10:18:51 PM by davedel44 »
Bambino- 2013 V7 Stone

Scorpione

« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2015, 10:19:43 PM »
Just to clear up a thing or two . This thread was started due to a couple of threads that began something like this ; "You guys are stupid , moronic , etc , for not seeing that racer A is a jackass and racer B is a complete angel" . OK, not exactly , but you get the drift . The mods removed them before more than one or two members read them . Sorry for not clarifying this earlier .

Dusty

Strangely (IMHO), I had this exact post removed TWICE by this Moderator over in the motogp thread. That was after he removed my original post with a line that contained a reference to yellow and panties. He then removed my resubmitted, self-edited-to-remove-any-offence version shown here, yes, twice...

QUOTE:
=====
Phillip Island:
-> MM wins, taking 5 points from from Lorenzo.
"MM is riding for Lorenzo!"
Iannone dices with VR and beats him to 3rd, taking points from VR.
-> ...crickets chirping

Sepang:
MM dices with VR, until VR gets the shits and rides MM wide, causing a crash.
-> "MM SHOULD NOT be fighting with someone who is in the championship!"

Valencia:
MM does not overtake Lorenzo. Lorenzo wins race and championship.
-> "MM SHOULD be fighting with someone who is in the championship!"
=====

It went straight down the memory hole. Apparently, this is too over the top? What are we, babies, FFS?

America; land of the (not) free (speech), where every man has a right to own a gun, but cannot voice an opinion on MotoGP?   :shocked:

Offline rboe

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2015, 10:24:06 PM »
Forums are private homes. Gotta follow house rules or move on. Land of the Free and all that doesn't fly in a private forum.
Phoenix, AZ
2000 Quota 1100 ES Black (sold & gone)
2008 Honda XR650L
2012 Griso SE
2013 Honda CB1100

Scorpione

« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2015, 10:27:17 PM »
Forums are private homes. Gotta follow house rules or move on. Land of the Free and all that doesn't fly in a private forum.

Thanks for the considered opinion. Much appreciated. Now, explain where the above breaks the forum rules, and warranted removal?

oldbike54

« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2015, 10:34:20 PM »
Thanks for the considered opinion. Much appreciated. Now, explain where the above breaks the forum rules, and warranted removal?

Hmm , you are either a troll , or simply not paying attention .

Dusty

Vasco DG

« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2015, 10:40:31 PM »
While the title might be a bit ambiguous the overall sentiments are clear.

I suggest lock the thread, point has been made.

I know! I'll slag off Bill and Dusty! Then it'll get nuked by Mike! :evil:

Pete

oldbike54

« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2015, 10:44:37 PM »
While the title might be a bit ambiguous the overall sentiments are clear.

I suggest lock the thread, point has been made.

I know! I'll slag off Bill and Dusty! Then it'll get nuked by Mike! :evil:

Pete

I agree Pete , locking it now .

Dusty

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here