Author Topic: Eurosports, coopersburg pa.  (Read 7498 times)

Offline kingoffleece

• SplitWeight(tm) seat covers
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Rated 5 STARS Motorcycle Consumer News
Re: Eurosports, coopersburg pa.
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2019, 06:20:54 PM »
For you folks traveling to see Hamlin be sure you call first and get an appointment.  If you know you'll need items (fork rebuilds, etc.) Jim will be sure to have everything on hand. If you're not a pain most likely you can go into the shop and see what's involved.  Not always, but I have from time to time.

My tires and a few other items are there waiting for my visit as soon as the weather breaks!
SplitWeight(tm) seat covers. A King of Fleece LLC product.

Offline oilhed

• Gosling
  • Former Guzzi, current Beemer & Harley
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2019, 09:22:34 PM »
I recently heard a new story on how Harley dealers are also hurting.  They surmised young kids are just not interested in motorcycles.  If Harley dealers are hurting, where does that leave Guzzi dealers?  Put down your game controller and buy a bike!
I also hear that Indian dealers have a lot of used Harley's.

I never understood why Piaggio doesn't just encourage any Aprillia, Vespa or Guzzi dealer to sell the other two. Not a lot of cross competition there. 
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 09:16:25 PM by oilhed »
MarkKF, aka OILHED
2009 BMW K1200LT
2018 HD FLHP

Offline benebob

• New Egg
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2019, 09:48:27 PM »
Fark!  I got mine from Eurosports and need to take it in for warranty work but was waiting til ski season was up (leaking brake fluid).  Sure hope they filled out the paperwork so I can take it down to west chester for a new resevoir cap and seal.
16 V7 ABS "the wapper"

Offline jas67

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2019, 10:42:04 AM »
The S4R was the only 4v Monster.  Scramblers are 2v.

821 and 1200 are both 4 valve, water cooled

I have a 796; so 2V, air cooled.
2017 V7III Special
1977 Le Mans
1974 Eldorado
2017 Triumph Thruxton R
2013 Ducati Monster 796, 2013 848 Evo Corse SE, 1974 750GT, 1970 Mk3d 450 Desmo, 1966 Monza 250
1975 Moto Morini 3 1/2
2007 Vespa GTS250
2016 BMW R1200RS, 80 R100S, 76 R90S ,73 R75/5
76 Honda CB400F, 67 305 Super Hawk, 68 CL175

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2019, 10:42:04 AM »

Offline jas67

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2019, 10:44:08 AM »
I never understood why Piaggio does encourage any Aprillia, Vespa or Guzzi dealer to sell the other two. Not a lot of cross competition there.

Actually, they do
2017 V7III Special
1977 Le Mans
1974 Eldorado
2017 Triumph Thruxton R
2013 Ducati Monster 796, 2013 848 Evo Corse SE, 1974 750GT, 1970 Mk3d 450 Desmo, 1966 Monza 250
1975 Moto Morini 3 1/2
2007 Vespa GTS250

Offline rdbandkab

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2019, 12:36:56 PM »
People get put off when they hear specalty tool. But research it and you may find the specialty tools are not expensive and a small investment upfront is paid for the 1st time you service the bike at home. My tire machine was one of the best specialty tools I ever bought. I hated parting with the $600 up front but within 6 months it paid for itself and now generates beer. Buddies drop off wheels and tires and a case of beer.

The "Duc guy" I was talking to was actually an ex-Ducati race team tech.   Years ago, I had stopped into his shop and talked to him about Ducati and he was really into it.  He and an engineer friend of his had even developed some valve seat (or something) that extended the service interval a good deal.  I was hoping he was still into the Ducs, as he would be my "go to" guy for service.
Fast forward to present- I guess one of his buddies stopped by with a newer model Multi and he said it was a royal pain to arse to work on and service.  He mentioned that he, indeed, had to fab a tool to get the job done on the multi.  I guess Ducati doesn't sell the tool, and the aftermarket may be a tad pricey.  He didn't seem to be to enthusiastic about getting back into the Duc servicing. BUT!  That also might be him wanting to "curb" any new labor intensive clientele.  He's trying to change his performance shop into more of a restoration shop at this time.  *at one point a few years back,  he had quite a bit to do with bringing Benelli in the USA.  I did hear some horror stories about him troubleshooting all the "character" they came with.  A few months back, I stopped in and I think he has a Benelli Tornado, a aprilia rs125, a 650 Rotax, a Ural, and a 125 Moto Morini gp bike he's building for a client.

LOL...  He even told me about a time he went with a buddy to Eish Enterprise about Guzzi.   I guess Eish didn't take to the young whippersnapper.

richy

Offline Motormike

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2019, 09:03:05 PM »
I have both a 2 valve air cooled Multi Strada and an older ST4s 4 valve. Timing belt changes are easy enough, but the valve train...ugh!  I have always found the desmo valve train to be a royal PITA to work on.  What drives me crazy is the tiny valve keepers, or split-ring collets, as they are called.  I call them finger-nail clippings, because thats about the size of one!  You'd better have hands as steady as an eye surgeon. Drop one of those tiny babies and finding it is worse than looking for a contact lens.  After I finish a valve adj. on a Ducati, I go over and hug my Griso!   :grin:

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2019, 04:29:55 AM »
I have both a 2 valve air cooled Multi Strada and an older ST4s 4 valve. Timing belt changes are easy enough, but the valve train...ugh!  I have always found the desmo valve train to be a royal PITA to work on.  What drives me crazy is the tiny valve keepers, or split-ring collets, as they are called.  I call them finger-nail clippings, because thats about the size of one!  You'd better have hands as steady as an eye surgeon. Drop one of those tiny babies and finding it is worse than looking for a contact lens.  After I finish a valve adj. on a Ducati, I go over and hug my Griso!   :grin:

You're not motivating me to take over the valve-train maintenance of my wife's Duc.

Hopefully intervals will go EVEN LONGER now that it has an Italian rival in the garage for her!
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline rdbandkab

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2019, 06:28:41 AM »
Of course it would be a moot point if I didn't care about springing for $1000 (give or take) every year or so.  Probably the "or so" now days.  I have a few nice ones in the garage to pick from!

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2019, 06:30:53 AM »

I suspect we're seeing two things here, one the usual state of the Guzzi dealer network, and two the shrinking state of the industry.

Don't forget poor business practices.  Not everyone is cut out to own and operate a business.  Just because I love motorcycles and feel like I know a lot about motorcycles and can share my enthusiasm for motorcycles doesn't mean I would know how run a business. 

Many of these businesses are in debt up to their eyebrows and can't weather a couple bad months or make the sacrifices necessary to stay viable. 

I saw many dealerships close during the recession a decade ago.  Some to never open again, others eventually taken over by corporate dealerships.

In one area the dealerships relied on the large military presence, and when the majority were deploy or the mission moved elsewhere they couldn't survive on the low wage local population. 

The dealers who survived were innovative and diversified and involved in their communities. 

I believe that multibrand dealers like Sloans will continue to sell Moto Guzzi as long as they sell enough of them and Paggio doesn't make carrying the brand unbearable.  Sloans also carries Vespa and Aprilia  so hopefully they don't end their relationship. 
2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2018 V7 III Carbon Dark #0009 of 1921
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200
2009 Harley Davidson Softail Custom

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2019, 07:01:37 AM »
Don't forget poor business practices.  Not everyone is cut out to own and operate a business.  Just because I love motorcycles and feel like I know a lot about motorcycles and can share my enthusiasm for motorcycles doesn't mean I would know how run a business. 

Perhaps, but my personal examples in this thread were mostly in major metro areas (close to Philly and NYC) and included Fast By Ferracci. Not to mention the dealer this is about weathered the last recession fine.

Just saying.
Current Fleet

13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline rdbandkab

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2019, 07:08:34 AM »
Just because I love motorcycles and feel like I know a lot about motorcycles and can share my enthusiasm for motorcycles doesn't mean I would know how run a business. 

I think that was enough before,  but now working with corporate would probably crush your soul...   

Offline benebob

• New Egg
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2019, 09:06:23 AM »
Well so now I'm quite pissed off.  When I saw this I was dissappointed but now I'm quite worried as it got me thinking.  I haven't received my reg and title yet (purchased 12-14-18.  Called Penn Dot and their sadly clueless (real shock I know) customer service dept couldn't find anything in their system.  Anybody know what I need to be doing to get Eurosports to submit the paperwork so I have a legal bike?  I don't suggest buying from them if they can't handle the legality.
16 V7 ABS "the wapper"

Online sdcr

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2019, 11:26:52 AM »
The last machine I titled and registered in Pa., took about six days to get the title back. You are closing in a two months. I would call them ASAP, and sheke the tree.

Well so now I'm quite pissed off.  When I saw this I was dissappointed but now I'm quite worried as it got me thinking.  I haven't received my reg and title yet (purchased 12-14-18.  Called Penn Dot and their sadly clueless (real shock I know) customer service dept couldn't find anything in their system.  Anybody know what I need to be doing to get Eurosports to submit the paperwork so I have a legal bike?  I don't suggest buying from them if they can't handle the legality.
John
2000 BMW R1100 RS
1983 BMW R100
2009 Jaguar XK

Online Cam3512

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2019, 11:37:45 AM »

Have you picked up the phone and tried calling them?
Cam in NJ
'67 Stornello Scrambler
'71 Ambo Police
'74 V7 Sport
‘20 V85TT

http://mgnocnj.forumotion.com

Online Perazzimx14

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2019, 11:41:37 AM »

Don't be surprised if it PennDot's fault. Also don't be surprised if the title is screwed up. Several times now I  have gott titles back with "Moto Lift" as the manufacturer. When yo udo get the title check it with a fine tooth comb.
2021 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2017 V7 III Carbon Dark #0008 of 1921
2017 Road Glide Special
2020 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2016 Suzuki Van Van 200

Offline benebob

• New Egg
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2019, 01:04:17 PM »
Penn Dot doesn't have the plate or the vin in their system so all signs point to the dealer.  They are closed today so I've begun the legal solutions.  Have contacted MG requesting the regional rep get involved, started filling out the paperwork for a complaint the Dept of State, called the bank and waiting to hear back what my options are there (at least my cc deposit can be disputed still).  Plan is to call them tomorrow and give them to the end of business tomorrow to provide me with proof that everything has been filed.  Of course I have no idea how long they will be in business.  My temp registration is up in less than 30 days so even if filed tomorrow I may be out of a bike to ride if penndot is slow (and with paper applications they usually are).  Only mistakes I've ever gotten from Penndot were the ones clearly because the notary or dealer didn't fill out the paperwork clearly.  That isn't on them :)
16 V7 ABS "the wapper"

Online Perazzimx14

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2019, 01:18:59 PM »
Penn Dot doesn't have the plate or the vin in their system so all signs point to the dealer.  They are closed today so I've begun the legal solutions.  Have contacted MG requesting the regional rep get involved, started filling out the paperwork for a complaint the Dept of State, called the bank and waiting to hear back what my options are there (at least my cc deposit can be disputed still).  Plan is to call them tomorrow and give them to the end of business tomorrow to provide me with proof that everything has been filed.  Of course I have no idea how long they will be in business.  My temp registration is up in less than 30 days so even if filed tomorrow I may be out of a bike to ride if penndot is slow (and with paper applications they usually are).  Only mistakes I've ever gotten from Penndot were the ones clearly because the notary or dealer didn't fill out the paperwork clearly.  That isn't on them :)

My plan would be to drive the Eurosports tomorrow and get things straightened out without any further delay.
2017 Road Glide Special
2020 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2016 Suzuki Van Van 200

Online Cam3512

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2019, 01:24:30 PM »
My plan would be to drive the Eurosports tomorrow and get things straightened out without any further delay.

+1
Cam in NJ
'67 Stornello Scrambler
'71 Ambo Police
'74 V7 Sport
‘20 V85TT

Offline benebob

• New Egg
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2019, 01:31:33 PM »
If I could I would but sadly I am in the mits of my daughters ski race season and time is at a bare minimum (esp to make a 2 hour each way drive).  Friday is the only day in the next 2 weeks that it is even possible and even then it will mess with her practice time.  If I do go up Friday I will have the local men in blue meet me there and being the criminal complaint.  Funny, they cashed the bank check day after they got it.  :) 
16 V7 ABS "the wapper"

Online Perazzimx14

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2019, 02:24:39 PM »
If I could I would but sadly I am in the mits of my daughters ski race season and time is at a bare minimum (esp to make a 2 hour each way drive).  Friday is the only day in the next 2 weeks that it is even possible and even then it will mess with her practice time.  If I do go up Friday I will have the local men in blue meet me there and being the criminal complaint.  Funny, they cashed the bank check day after they got it.  :)

As hard as it may be, be cordial. Storming the castle with man in tow waving around legal complaint letters isn't going to get anything done any faster. If you cannot make it until Friday, I'd call tomorrow and explain to them the situation about your title and registration and see how the conversation goes. I'd not settle for we'll call you back when we find your paperwork but rather be polite and say you'll stay on the line while this get straightened out.

If your ignorant to them they can drag their feet close the doors and still not submit your paperwork. Then you can let lawyers fight it out. Or you can bite your tongue and try to get this resolved before the business is no more.

2017 Road Glide Special
2020 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2016 Suzuki Van Van 200

Online Cam3512

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2019, 05:33:52 PM »
For all you know your plates and registration are sitting in the dealership.  Some incompetent moron (always assume until proven otherwise) may have just forgotten to call you.  I had issues when I bought my V7 there and never heard squat about my plates.  My temp tag was ready to expire and I called my sales guy, gave him a "WTF?", and had them soon thereafter.

This thing with dealers doing the DMV work (most seem to, including cars) is a scam.  Save the money and do it yourself.

And showing up with the cops will get you nowhere.  How hard is a local uniform gonna work cause your PA tags are not in?  They have better things to do.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 05:41:58 PM by Cam3512 »
Cam in NJ
'67 Stornello Scrambler
'71 Ambo Police
'74 V7 Sport
‘20 V85TT

Offline Green1000S

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2019, 05:41:49 PM »
For all you know your plates and registration are sitting in the dealership.  Some incompetent moron (always assume until proven otherwise) may have just forgotten to call you.  I had issues when I bought my V7 there and never heard squat about my plates.  My temp tag was ready to expire and I called my sales guy, gave him a "WTF?", and had them soon thereafter.

This thing with dealers doing the DMV work (most seem to, including cars) is a scam.  Save the money and do it yourself.

Maybe the plates and papers are with the same guy who took my tires...
I would definately drive there, ski season or not. Its a good chuck of money.

Lauri
2014 Green Stelvio NTX
2016 Stornello #101
1972 Bultaco Matador SD
2016 KTM Duke 390
49cc 1921 Guzzi Board Track Racer;-)
1968 Riverside MW 125
1972 Bultaco Matador M82 Six Days
2 Robin's + 1/2 doz other mopeds

Ciao!

Offline jas67

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2019, 05:58:12 PM »
Perhaps, but my personal examples in this thread were mostly in major metro areas (close to Philly and NYC) and included Fast By Ferracci. Not to mention the dealer this is about weathered the last recession fine.

Just saying.

Didn't Ferracci close because Eraldo retired?
2017 V7III Special
1977 Le Mans
1974 Eldorado
2017 Triumph Thruxton R
1975 Moto Morini 3 1/2
2007 Vespa GTS250

Offline benebob

• New Egg
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2019, 06:04:37 PM »
Plates and registration aren’t there. Plate is on my bike as pa does not do temp plates. Penn dot has no record of the plate so they never applied for a title plan and simple which after 30 days I am pretty sure is a felony in PA but i have been out of the auto business for some time. Did hear back from piaggio. They will be calling the dealer tonorroe as well. Once they are in receivership I am screwed might as well leave it on the street with a free sign on it and call the insurance at that point.
16 V7 ABS "the wapper"

Online Cam3512

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2019, 06:19:48 PM »

Maybe the plates and papers are with the same guy who took my tires...
I would definately drive there, ski season or not. Its a good chuck of money.

What’s the tire story Lauri?  I forget.
Cam in NJ
'67 Stornello Scrambler
'71 Ambo Police
'74 V7 Sport
‘20 V85TT

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2019, 07:24:16 PM »
Didn't Ferracci close because Eraldo retired?
And obviously the business wasn't solvent enough for someone else to buy it or run it for him at a profit.
Current Fleet

13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline s1120

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2019, 07:38:13 AM »
Have you talked to them at all since?  Im just saying from having worked at a car dealer for over 25 years, sometimes things fall through the cracks.. They shouldn't, but you know.... think of where you work, and think of the people that work there... then think of the ones that always F something up, and thats when they are there/or care.....  Well dealers have those people too... :)   
Paul B

Offline benebob

• New Egg
« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2019, 02:00:20 PM »
Well after 20 minutes on hold (if you have been there you'd laugh as you could go from one end of the building to the next town with a walker for 20 minutes I got to talk to the business manager.  Seems they sat on the paperwork for 52 days and "just sent" it in on.  They emailed me copies of the appliciation for title (now with a notary stamp on as mine didn't have it), a copy of the check to penndot for the tax, tags and fees and the MCO so I feel a little better but will need to be on them as if they screwed something up I have an expensive 400lbs boat anchor once they go out of business.  Still waiting to hear if they activated the warranty with Piag.
16 V7 ABS "the wapper"

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here