Author Topic: URGENT SERVICE 850 miles New 1400 Eldo  (Read 27565 times)

Offline TN Mark

• Gaggle Mentor
Re: URGENT SERVICE 850 miles New 1400 Eldo
« Reply #150 on: August 27, 2019, 10:19:10 PM »
DRBone, have you had service work performed at the Atlanta Guzzi dealer before? I stopped their several months ago to look at their 2016 all black Eldorado.

Offline drbone641

• Gosling
« Reply #151 on: August 30, 2019, 08:14:53 AM »
They did a service + last year before I took my Touring around the country. Had them check a few things that Dusty and Pete, had mentioned, and they seemed competent. Only game in town, but they are slammed. Trying to get the Eldo in is requiring getting in queue. Super nice folks as well.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 08:16:54 AM by drbone641 »
73 TR6
09 Multistrada
16 Eldorado

Offline kballowe

• - Kevin the Great -
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #152 on: September 03, 2019, 09:14:12 AM »
Just checking in.

Four weeks this time - so far.   It's still in the shop.

Nothing new.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 09:21:42 AM by kballowe »

Offline TN Mark

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #153 on: September 03, 2019, 02:01:07 PM »
Is the brake recall a 'don't drive' type issue? Otherwise, why was it even left at the dealership instead of at your place so you can ride it as you see fit. They clearly didn't have and still don't have the needed parts to correct the brake issue. You could be enjoying it.

Having other bikes to ride isn't the point. The dealer doesn't have what they need to correct the brake adjust issue so why is it their? If your choice, no problem. If it's their choice, big problems at the dealer/Piaggio level.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #153 on: September 03, 2019, 02:01:07 PM »

pete roper

« Reply #154 on: September 03, 2019, 04:19:34 PM »
The brake issue is something that either is or isn't. It's not going to suddenly occur because the two parts that cause the problem aren't going to change size. If this whole ridiculous delay is because of the master cylinder issue and they are too gormless to work it out why don't they just say it needs one and fit it?

Recall claim. Bam! Dealt with. Now slap in a warranty claim on the demand sensor. Bam! Should of been fixed in a week.

Ludicrous!

Offline TN Mark

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #155 on: September 03, 2019, 09:21:07 PM »
Pete,

You’re of course correct. Too bad either those running Piaggio or the dealer service areas can’t seem to get their collective heads out of the dark place. If you or someone even remotely close to your Moto Guzzi abilities were within a few hundred miles of me, I’d have no qualms about getting a new Moto Guzzi. Sadly, that just isn’t the case near Chattanooga, TN.
     When I lived near Chicago, IL I had Jim Barron at Rose Farm Classics nearby which is why I bought a new 2009 Griso. I trusted Jim completely to work on all the Guzzis I had.
     It seems Moto Guzzi in the US has had the same noose around their neck for decades. A very small group of excellent dealers in a sea of not such a talented collective. The bikes and the brand certainly deserve better.

Online Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #156 on: September 04, 2019, 05:37:57 AM »
I can understand why Kev would choose to just leave the bike at the dealership instead of keeping it home and enjoying it. For me it would be impossible to enjoy a motorcycle that is constantly going into limp mode due to the  URGENT SERVICE bs that has plagued this bike since new! Leaving it st the dealership supports the cause for a law suit using the lemon law to get a full purchase price. If this is not a case for this action, then there has never been one!

pete roper

« Reply #157 on: September 04, 2019, 06:22:23 AM »
I'd be 'Lemoning' it if I was given this bullshit run-around!

Offline TN Mark

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #158 on: September 04, 2019, 04:54:55 PM »
The bike likely just needs a brake adjustment and a new Demand Sensor as was diagnosed early on. Too bad you can’t Lemon Law the dealer instead of the bike which in all likelihood has known issues that are (should be) easily corrected.

I’ve been a manufacturers rep for many years. Issues like this are routinely fully addressed with a quick email, text or phone call. There’s simply no excuse for what’s been going on here.

Offline gthorpe

• New Egg
« Reply #159 on: September 04, 2019, 10:06:28 PM »
Well, I had the P0155 fault code for a year intermittently and it got worse over time. I bought a NOS demand sensor off eBay, installed it and had no problems for 2 months. This morning the dreaded "URGENT SERVICE" came on! after work I plugged it in and read P0155!

Crap! I'll try cleaning the cables and see what happens. This is the ONLY problem I've had with my Eldo1400, glad I can do this work myself but am getting tired of this.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 12:25:11 AM by gthorpe »
Glenn T.
2016 Eldorado 1400
2014 Ducati Monster 796

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #160 on: September 04, 2019, 10:16:10 PM »
Sad deal. All on display here with the biggest Guzzi community. 

Is this the reputation that Guzzi wants with its most loyal audience?  And in the end, they're still going to have to fix it since it's under warranty.  So all this foot dragging isn't going to save them a dime but will drive away potential customers and disappoint the current customer.  All to be in denial of documented failures?  Man, I don't get it.

It doesn't say much about the dealer either.
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline kballowe

• - Kevin the Great -
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #161 on: September 16, 2019, 08:36:53 AM »
UPDATE

Six weeks in the shop, this time

Stopped by there on Thursday, couldn't get past the front desk.  Had to ask twice to have the gate keeper go back into the shop to get the status.

He said that there was a master cylinder on order and that would solve all of my problems - and so I very politely explained why the bike was there and his eyes just sorta glazed over.  Not a technical fellow, I suppose.

I asked him to have the owner call me to discuss - or I could call a lawyer.  Or both.  Late next day I get a voicemail that basically says sorry, it's not our fault.  The day after that, I get another voicemail that says that the master cylinder had arrived the day before and that they would be installing it and then proceeding with the other part".

The Missouri lemon law reads:

"If the manufacturer or dealer attempt to repair the same defect four times or if the vehicle is out of service for a total of thirty days during the year, the law presumes that a reasonable number of attempts have been made"

We're getting close here.   One way or another.

Offline Zoom Zoom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #162 on: September 16, 2019, 08:57:07 AM »
As per my pm, you know where the trouble lies.

ZZ

Offline kballowe

• - Kevin the Great -
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #163 on: September 16, 2019, 08:59:53 AM »
As per my pm, you know where the trouble lies.

ZZ

Yes Sir.

pete roper

« Reply #164 on: September 17, 2019, 02:36:07 AM »
Do you trust these mouth breathers to not screw something else up? While it's not the bike's fault you've been without it forever I'd be screaming 🍋 !!!

Pete

UPDATE

Six weeks in the shop, this time

Stopped by there on Thursday, couldn't get past the front desk.  Had to ask twice to have the gate keeper go back into the shop to get the status.

He said that there was a master cylinder on order and that would solve all of my problems - and so I very politely explained why the bike was there and his eyes just sorta glazed over.  Not a technical fellow, I suppose.

I asked him to have the owner call me to discuss - or I could call a lawyer.  Or both.  Late next day I get a voicemail that basically says sorry, it's not our fault.  The day after that, I get another voicemail that says that the master cylinder had arrived the day before and that they would be installing it and then proceeding with the other part".

The Missouri lemon law reads:

"If the manufacturer or dealer attempt to repair the same defect four times or if the vehicle is out of service for a total of thirty days during the year, the law presumes that a reasonable number of attempts have been made"

We're getting close here.   One way or another.

Offline kballowe

• - Kevin the Great -
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #165 on: September 17, 2019, 02:51:54 PM »
Do you trust these mouth breathers to not screw something else up? While it's not the bike's fault you've been without it forever I'd be screaming 🍋 !!!

Pete

Point taken.  This would have been much easier if it had not been a brand new bike - warranty and all.  Simply following the instructions on page one of this thread would have had me back on the road and riding.

:thumb:

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #166 on: September 17, 2019, 06:26:31 PM »
Man, get rid of that POS with the lemon law and never darken their doors again. This kind of stuff.. oh never mind. <grumbling and shuffling off>
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline kballowe

• - Kevin the Great -
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #167 on: September 18, 2019, 08:27:29 AM »
OK, this gets me a "pass" when I have to ride my Kawasaki to the next rally, right ?

:boozing:

Offline raul

• Gosling
« Reply #168 on: September 18, 2019, 08:56:18 AM »
OK, this gets me a "pass" when I have to ride my Kawasaki to the next rally, right ?

Sure, ride that Kawasaki over to the MoKan rally this weekend. 

Offline kballowe

• - Kevin the Great -
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #169 on: September 18, 2019, 09:15:21 AM »

Sure, ride that Kawasaki over to the MoKan rally this weekend.

OK, thanks.

Offline drbone641

• Gosling
« Reply #170 on: September 18, 2019, 12:44:45 PM »
My 16 Eldorado rode great today, but is going into the shop on the 24th. The dealer in Atl has ordered a brake kit just in case, so that they can do the recall AND try to figure out the electrical issue all at once when I take it in. The red triangle is always there, but it’s a 0609 for a key issue that they’ll have to fix on PADS they said. As for the odometer resetting to 0 when shut off, the statement from the Guzzi Mech Rep was, “Wow, I’ve never heard that one “. So I am interested to see what it is. Gremlins are annoying but she is a sweet girl with ‘issues’. I have ‘issues’ and I function reasonably well, so I’m hopeful 😎
73 TR6
09 Multistrada
16 Eldorado

Offline kballowe

• - Kevin the Great -
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #171 on: September 24, 2019, 06:03:36 PM »
UPDATE

7+ WEEKS in the shop, this time.

Got a call late today that said that they installed "that throttle thing" and rode it 40 miles, "so it's all fixed".

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 06:06:56 PM by kballowe »

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #172 on: September 24, 2019, 06:11:53 PM »
Geeeziz.....and you bought another one in the meantime? 
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline drbone641

• Gosling
« Reply #173 on: September 24, 2019, 06:25:12 PM »
I took my Eldorado up for the appointment to try and fix the electric issues. The guys at the Atlanta dealership had preordered my brake recall parts, just in case, and they had the lift waiting on my bike, so that if there is a part delay (instrument cluster) they’ll know quickly. I was impressed (so far) at their attitude and effort.
73 TR6
09 Multistrada
16 Eldorado

Offline kballowe

• - Kevin the Great -
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #174 on: September 24, 2019, 06:58:32 PM »
Geeeziz.....and you bought another one in the meantime?

Actually, I bought two.  One is that Gray 2014 California Custom - and I picked up a Kawasaki for a project.

And you know that the other inmates were getting lonely

[/img]
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 07:05:19 PM by kballowe »

pete roper

« Reply #175 on: September 24, 2019, 07:10:36 PM »
UPDATE

Got a call late today that said that they installed "that throttle thing"[\color] and rode it 40 miles, "so it's all fixed".

"That Throttle Thing". Jesus wept........

I wonder if they did the Handle and Throttle learning? I hope so or it's going to have more problems.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 07:12:11 PM by pete roper »

Offline TN Mark

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #176 on: September 24, 2019, 07:50:30 PM »
I took my Eldorado up for the appointment to try and fix the electric issues. The guys at the Atlanta dealership had preordered my brake recall parts, just in case, and they had the lift waiting on my bike, so that if there is a part delay (instrument cluster) they’ll know quickly. I was impressed (so far) at their attitude and effort.

Drbone641,

Your Eldorado looked beautiful today at the Atlanta dealer. I was their this afternoon. The seat was off and a PADS unit was connected to it. All the tech said was it was in for a ‘routine service’. I asked twice, no sense to inquire further.

Offline drbone641

• Gosling
« Reply #177 on: September 25, 2019, 05:46:06 AM »

Drbone641,

Your Eldorado looked beautiful today at the Atlanta dealer. I was their this afternoon. The seat was off and a PADS unit was connected to it. All the tech said was it was in for a ‘routine service’. I asked twice, no sense to inquire further.
I think that they aren't really sure about what happened. The battery problem did some weird stuff to the dash (for want of a better term). It was flickering at first and then it repeatedly dropped the odometer back to 0. It was like the bike had never been ridden, but they couldn't get rid of the warning or key code on the first visit. However, since the new battery is in, I have put about 350 trouble free miles on her. Brad (Guzzi Rep) said "I've never seen that before", so we are hoping it was a very bad battery  :shocked: and that all they needed to do was get rid of the 0609 Immobilizer code that gives me the red triangle and Key code symbol. Getting the 1000 mile service done, the brake recall inspection, and then heading to the mountains for a bit. HOPEFULLY!!! I love this bikes demeanor and can't wait to put some great sweepers behind her. Thanks for the update.
73 TR6
09 Multistrada
16 Eldorado

Offline s1120

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #178 on: September 25, 2019, 05:49:59 AM »
UPDATE

Got a call late today that said that they installed "that throttle thing" and rode it 40 miles, "so it's all fixed".

Whaaa  Man.. I do hope that when, or if you ever get that bike out of their hands, it never darkens their doorstep again!
Paul B

Offline kballowe

• - Kevin the Great -
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #179 on: September 25, 2019, 11:39:33 AM »
Picked up the bike and rode it 50 miles and then parked it
So far, so good

2014 ford sho 0 60

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here