Author Topic: Street Skills Riding Academy @ New York Safety Track in 2016  (Read 8333 times)

Offline Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
Re: Street Skills Riding Academy @ New York Safety Track in 2016
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2016, 08:54:59 PM »
I was thinking more in line with the heavier flywheel and not having the need to work the gearshift through the turns.

No, any advantage of the heavier flywheel is probably lost with the much heavier bike. There was not an over abundance of shift work necessary in most corners on the V7.

Cam has it right, the V7 was a perfect bike for this, very predictable and unlikely to bite me. And to me it was about technique and smoothness.

One of the reasons I didn't bother hammering down the main straight was that it was pointless. I wasn't going to carry 80 or 90 mph into turn 1, so 60 or 70 was fine. And I want going to pass anyone on the main straight unless they were really dogging it, so it made me be smarter about it. If I was going to pass I'd have to start my run mid turn before climbing and cresting a hill before the shorter straightaway, but I could carry that speed into the chicane where the V7 dances perfectly.

The Jackal would have been a different experience.
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline vintage53

• Gosling
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2016, 02:54:27 PM »
Yes you can do this on a Calvin!

Keeping the revs 4500 and 5500 really helped. Pulled me through the turns. 
1977 Lemans 1.2 "Project"
2004 V11 Coppa Italia
2010 California Vintage
2021 Vespa 75th Anniversary Primavera 150

Offline jdelv

• Gosling
    • Street Skills LLC (Cornering School)
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2016, 07:43:09 PM »
Ride The Track Columbus Day 2016 but time is running short  :clock:

The secret is out.  Recently there has been a huge interest in street rider track days in the northeast.   You could say these events are "getting traction" (sorry, had to do it).  :bike-037: So I called up our friends over at the New York Safety Track and booked the track for Columbus Day (Oct. 10).

The track needs confirmation by Sept. 9.  That's only 10 days.  I'd be thrilled to host it, but at least 22 riders need to register and pay by Sept. 9 if it's going to happen. So I'm getting the word out here. 

Event Details:   http://streetskills.net/product/cornering-confidence-track-day-course-10-10-16/

-Jon

Contact me with any questions.
Jon DelVecchio
www.streetskills.ne t

'15 FJ-09
'07 Griso
'18 Z125

Offline Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2016, 07:06:27 AM »
Ride The Track Columbus Day 2016 but time is running short  :clock:

The secret is out.  Recently there has been a huge interest in street rider track days in the northeast.   You could say these events are "getting traction" (sorry, had to do it).  :bike-037: So I called up our friends over at the New York Safety Track and booked the track for Columbus Day (Oct. 10).

The track needs confirmation by Sept. 9.  That's only 10 days.  I'd be thrilled to host it, but at least 22 riders need to register and pay by Sept. 9 if it's going to happen. So I'm getting the word out here. 

Event Details:   http://streetskills.net/product/cornering-confidence-track-day-course-10-10-16/

-Jon

Contact me with any questions.

:thumb:
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2016, 07:06:27 AM »

Offline Cam3512

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2016, 07:10:28 AM »
Not gonna make this one.  I suggest if anyone's remotely interested, go for it.  Weather should also be perfect that time of year.
Cam in NJ
'67 Stornello Scrambler
'71 Ambo Police
'74 V7 Sport
‘20 V85TT

http://mgnocnj.forumotion.com

Offline 93spada

• Hatchling
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2017, 09:10:19 AM »
Hi Folks
My brother and I were just talking about track days. I just saw this for the first time.
Will there be a 2018 event??? We only live 1 hr away.
A bunch of us rode at Louden with the Keith Code school before the NASCAR track in 1986.
Had a ton of fun and would love to do it again.
I could round up at least 3 people, maybe more.
Any thoughts.
Thanks
Paul
PJM

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here