Author Topic: Culver City CA , NGC  (Read 3255 times)

Offline arveno

• Gaggle Hero
    • ddleathers.com
Culver City CA , NGC
« on: March 19, 2015, 12:26:02 PM »
Hi ,
I have a question for the guzzisti that lives or lived in the L.A. area.
There "may" be a chance to relocate to Culver City  to work .
I have been to LA and Santa Monica only as tourist.... so i don't know the area.

Looking for place that is  :  "Safe " , Quite " , Motorcycle friendly" ( means that i can leave my beloved bikes in garage and find them all there when i come back ) ::)

Where would you suggest me to go and check ?
I love those boring town where nothing ever happen LOL

I do not mind driving an hour to go to work . ( which in LA it could be like 5 miles ...lol )

Thanks
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 12:26:59 PM by arveno »

Offline NCAmother

• Gaggle Mentor
    • NathanAppel (NSFW)
Re: Culver City CA , NGC
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 02:01:55 PM »
You could stay at an AirBNB location.  Some you can stay in a room at someones house, some will have a guest house.  You really need to explore the area, traffic conditions, environment etc. 

father guzzi obrian

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 03:03:32 PM »
There are some nice areas there and some not so nice areas, you will need a locking garage, hopefully attached to your dwelling. However, there are plenty of neighborhoods within 10 miles of Culver City that are very nice, you need to check out the are yourself, or have a friend in the area guide you.
Best of luck, let us know if you come out, we have a bunch of guzzi folks out here.
Cheers,

guzzigray

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 07:52:49 PM »
Culver City is a great neighborhood and there's lots to do. It used to be sleepy but has seen a resurgence in the last decade.

To buy a house expect to pay $7-800,000 at least.

The entire Westside of LA is very expensive to live. The west adams district is nearby. It's grittier but up and coming. El Segundo is sleepy and a little cheaper and seems more your speed.

Bottom line is LA is VERY expensive and nice neighborhoods close (ish) to the action are in high demand.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 07:52:49 PM »

Offline Yeahoo Whoyah

• Gaggle Hero
  • 1971 LAPD Ambassador - 1976 Convert
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2015, 08:56:29 PM »
Once upon a time, long long ago, when H-D shops were not boutiques, Bartels H-D was in Culver City.  Narrow and long, it was nothing like the Santa Monica palace it is today.  Oh the good old days!
Greg Tillitson
El Dorado Hills Calif.

Offline kirkemon

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2015, 10:12:17 PM »
guzzigray is correct. Culver City is a good place to live. I've actually never lived there, but I have several friends there. Apparently, the public schools there are good as well. Or you could live close by in West L.A. which is also good. Both are not very close to what I consider good riding areas. You would have to head north and go up PCH and eventually end up at the Rock Store or Neptune's Nest.
Kirk

danketchpel

Re: Re: Re: Culver City CA , NGC
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2015, 10:59:42 AM »
Once upon a time, long long ago, when H-D shops were not boutiques, Bartels H-D was in Culver City.  Narrow and long, it was nothing like the Santa Monica palace it is today.  Oh the good old days!
Yup, I remember Bartel's on Lincoln when it was a much more basic shop.

I've spent a good bit of time in that area and graduated from Santa Monica College on Pico.

Like has been mentioned, it's a pretty decent place to live but expensive, to buy or rent. Santa Monica has rent control so if you get in its not bad, but the waits are stupid long.

Areas I'd avoid are Fox Hills, Inglewood, areas south east of Washington and La Brea as you move towards south central LA.

Anything near the coast is $$$$$$.

The south bay (Torrance, Lomita, etc) is pretty good but your commute will not be fun.

It really depends on your budget and tolerance for traffic.

Offline LaGrasta

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2015, 11:02:41 AM »
NY versus CA? No comparison for a motorcyclist. I grew up in Ohio, now living in Orange County. I ride all year, weather is never even considered in my plans, ever. The USAF stationed me in NorCal, then met a girl from SoCal where I now live. Property is very expensive, all else for the most part, cost the same. Millions of us somehow afford it, you can too.

Use this site for stats, bestplaces.net
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 11:03:34 AM by LaGrasta »
You can buy style, but you have to build character.

'10 Moto Guzzi V7 Cafe Classic
'03 Moto Guzzi VII Sport
'14 Kawasaki KLX250S
'89 Honda GB500tt
'82 Honda GL500 bobber
…and two step-through scooters too.

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here