Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Beeswax oil for zippers
« Last post by willowstreetguzziguy on Today at 04:30:43 PM »
Have a pair of Tourmaster riding boots with zippers on both sides. Had them since 2017 and every time I put them on, the zippers are a bear to pull up. Decided to rub some of this beeswax oil on each of them. Well, I almost ripped them off the boot, they zipped up so effortlessly!

Then I wiped some on the zippers of my leather riding jacket and what a difference!

So why not put it on the zippers on my tank bag and same thing….wow!

It’s like oil on a rusty hinge.

General Discussion / Re: Creamy oil in airbox
« Last post by faffi on Today at 03:30:04 PM »
I just remembered that I rode my Yamaha XV1100, also an air cooled twin, all through winter to work and back some years ago. A very short hop, just two miles each way. I kept the bike in a heated shed, and at work the bike also sat inside a garage, though unheated yet not freezing cold due to the building being heated. Naturally, this would have helped compared to starting with the engine freezing cold. Still, there was no hint of foaming of the engine oil.

Lots of crud from the salted winter roads after a year without a clean, though
General Discussion / Re: Ride or Clean, that is the question
« Last post by faffi on Today at 03:20:23 PM »
General Discussion / Re: Price Check: 2008 Nevada 17,600 miles
« Last post by faffi on Today at 03:18:59 PM »
FWIW, I find the 1100 EV/Cali to be quite low in the seat and very easy to manage, despite the weight. In other words, they carry their weight very well.
General Discussion / Re: Bought it
« Last post by Huzo on Today at 03:18:26 PM »
Done!

Thank you so much.  :-)  They (Norge era bikes) now look a bit like orphans.

I also did not realise that I would be getting back into frequent servicing, but the thing rides so well...
Well in my opinion, this one of the nicer orphans I’ve come across.

« Last post by faffi on Today at 03:16:06 PM »
Has paint damage on the tank, so maybe you can knock another $500 off. That would get you to 3800 miles for $3500.

https://www.facebook.com/share/ADv5b7hvJ7tMceWJ/?mibextid=kL3p88

-AJ

Bargain :gotpics: :drool:
General Discussion / Re: Bought it
« Last post by Trevor G on Today at 02:43:07 PM »
I was talking to Peter Roper today and he said you can contact him on
motomoda.roper@gmail.com
He’ll sort your issue.

Done!

Thank you so much.  :-)  They (Norge era bikes) now look a bit like orphans.

I also did not realise that I would be getting back into frequent servicing, but the thing rides so well...
General Discussion / Re: Norge oil sensor connection controversy
« Last post by brider on Today at 02:22:33 PM »
How did you unscrew them? MG Cycle tool?  Filed down a socket?

Bought the MG tool. They were not frozen and turned out without any drama.

But back to the RToD: Upon turning the key on and the christmas-tree going thru it's routine, It settled down to the smaller red triangle on the top row (next to the friendly green neutral light) and the big red SERVICE! triangle below. This was after I changed the sensor. THEN, I went into the diagnostic menu, entered the 25XXX code and cleared out all stored codes, backed out, shut the key off, turned it on, and the big angry red SERVICE! triangle is gone, but the red one on top is still there. It's been so long since I actually rode this bike I don't remember; does the red one on top go out once the engine starts (can't do that yet until I put the sump back on)?
« Last post by AJ Huff on Today at 02:19:39 PM »
Has paint damage on the tank, so maybe you can knock another $500 off. That would get you to 3800 miles for $3500.

https://www.facebook.com/share/ADv5b7hvJ7tMceWJ/?mibextid=kL3p88

-AJ
General Discussion / Re: Norge oil sensor connection controversy
« Last post by Pescatore on Today at 02:13:31 PM »
Update:

.....I also pulled the inner plugs to look at them and apply anti-seize to the threads.
How did you unscrew them? MG Cycle tool?  Filed down a socket?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here