General Category > Bike Builds, Rebuilds And Restorations Only

V7 Sport (road rash)

<< < (5/11) > >>

jwinwi:

--- Quote from: czakky82 on January 19, 2022, 03:42:14 PM ---Thanks John, another great point… I kept wavering between doing a LH or RH shift on this bike and was about to settle on RH… Oy! This might push me back to a LH conversion.
This project is fighting me a bit!

--- End quote ---

As one of the smartest guys on WG has been known to say: 'It's testing you to make sure you are worthy of owning it'   :thumb:
I don't know why modern 5 dog guts would not work with the original shift drum. Totally different than 'It will work' :laugh:

Antietam Classic Cycle:

--- Quote from: jwinwi on January 19, 2022, 01:34:10 PM ---Price on the 5 dog guts seems good...
Charlie, if Bill's shift drum is the old V7 Sport, 1 up 4 down, it can be re-used right?

--- End quote ---

Yes, he should be able to reuse it.

czakky82:
Powder coater called and said my parts were ready :drool:. I’ll be able to pick them up on Monday.

In the meantime I’ve got a shipment coming from HMB on its way with a bunch of cool parts that will get me closer to completing my engine.

Heads are at the machine shop along with my crank and rods. There was basically no good news. From wrist pin bushings down to the crank everything must be re-ground. They are going 1st under on the crank and fabbing up new small end bushings…. Also, k-lining valve guides. 1st under rear mains are nowhere to be found so they are going to give the 2nd under acquired from Harpers a haircut.

In the meantime I’ll be rebuilding the trans with all new bearings, seals and gaskets.

I’ve got a question about the console color. What color is a good match for the gauge surround and idiot light holder?

Thanks for any input

Antietam Classic Cycle:

--- Quote from: czakky82 on January 29, 2022, 09:22:04 AM ---I’ve got a question about the console color. What color is a good match for the gauge surround and idiot light holder?

--- End quote ---

Wrinkle black. I had my powder coater do it.

czakky82:

--- Quote from: Antietam Classic Cycle on January 29, 2022, 07:17:23 PM ---Wrinkle black. I had my powder coater do it.

--- End quote ---

Is that what the Sports were originally?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version