Author Topic: I now love my V9 Roamer  (Read 1458 times)

Offline alfaguzziguy

• Guzzi Bimmer Boy
  • New Egg
I now love my V9 Roamer
« on: October 12, 2020, 10:07:07 AM »
Okay here I go.  I bought a brand new 2017 Roamer for $7K out the door and liked it a lot but with my mods I'm totally in love with it.
Dart Marlin windscreen.  No buffeting and chest is happy
Single seat comfort seat.  Allowed me to move my bag closer behind me and feel like it supports not being pushed back on acceleration.
Biggest and best change is moved foot pegs back using euro peg kit.  Changed whole handling experience 4" back
IKON shocks on rear.  Much better than stock.  Would like fancier but these are 10X better than stock and reasonably priced
Dropped Front by 15mm.  Feels awesome and my short legs like it.  Haven't scraped peg stops yet and chicken strips are less than 1/4"
Added Givi luggage rack (a PITA but worth it) and removed passenger pegs.  He's my day ride on Hwy 9 bike now and if longer, I jump on the Eldorado.
V9s are a steal.  I've had 3 V7s and this is once modified a superior ride.  Just one mans opinion.... 

coinflip near me

Offline ohiorider

• Gaggle Hero
  • "You can't fight in here - this is the War Room."
Re: I now love my V9 Roamer
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2020, 10:19:02 AM »
You've definitely made it your own.  Congratulations!  Especially for concentrating on the ergos and ride quality.

Re the Ikons, I'm ok with them, too.   (7610-1507-SP17) Code 215 springs.  First rode them for 7000 miles on CB1100, and kept them when I traded the bike.  Fortunately found they'd swap over to the Triumph Bonnie T120 for a less harsh rear suspension.  15mm longer than oem Triump.  Are your Ikons height adjustable?  Couldn't tell from photo.

Could you provide additional info about the euro kit that moves footpegs back?  A website link would be fine.

Bob

BTW - Welcome to the forum!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 10:23:03 AM by ohiorider »
Main ride:  2008 Guzzi 1200 Sport (sold July 2020)
2012 Griso 8v SE (sold Sept '15)
Reliable standby: 1991 BMW R100GS
2014 Honda CB1100 (Traded Nov 2019)
New:  2016 Triumph T120 (Traded Dec 2021)
New:  2021 Kawasaki W800

Offline alfaguzziguy

• Guzzi Bimmer Boy
  • New Egg
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2020, 10:56:59 AM »
Moto Guzzi V9 Roamer Bobber Euro Footpeg Kit 2B0042735 Foot Rest Set.  Ebay. 
I had them on in less than an hour.  The hardest thing was the Givi rack.  With the grace of God and a long stick I got it on.  It was a real pain but worth it as it cost way way less thank factory.  And being a Alfa and Guzzi guy we brag about how little we spent instead of Ferrari etc. guys!!  Ride to Eat Eat to ride!  Here's my Eldo with also Ikons (totally better) and Todd Egan Reflash a great bike also.

Offline inditx

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2022, 07:27:42 PM »
Okay here I go.  I bought a brand new 2017 Roamer for $7K out the door and liked it a lot but with my mods I'm totally in love with it.
Dart Marlin windscreen.  No buffeting and chest is happy
Single seat comfort seat.  Allowed me to move my bag closer behind me and feel like it supports not being pushed back on acceleration.
Biggest and best change is moved foot pegs back using euro peg kit.  Changed whole handling experience 4" back
IKON shocks on rear.  Much better than stock.  Would like fancier but these are 10X better than stock and reasonably priced
Dropped Front by 15mm.  Feels awesome and my short legs like it.  Haven't scraped peg stops yet and chicken strips are less than 1/4"
Added Givi luggage rack (a PITA but worth it) and removed passenger pegs.  He's my day ride on Hwy 9 bike now and if longer, I jump on the Eldorado.
V9s are a steal.  I've had 3 V7s and this is once modified a superior ride.  Just one mans opinion.... 

Still have the Roamer?
Been thinking about modding one similar to yours.
Thanks,
inditx

coinflip near me

inditx

This is the day.....

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2022, 07:27:42 PM »

Offline tris

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2022, 10:22:54 PM »
Very interesting,  and similar to mine  including the colour but I have Hagons on the rear.

A couple of questions though.
Exactly what seat do you have? Mine's a solo but not comfortable, at least for me. Part no would be helpful

Why did you drop the forks, was if for leg legth (I'm a sort leg humañ too) or for handling?

Cheers
2017 V9 Roamer
2005 Breva 1100 (non ABS) "Bruno" - now sold
1995 Cali 1100 - carby   "Dino" -now sold
1993 TW125 "POS" - Resting

Offline Zenermaniac

• Gosling
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2022, 10:57:00 PM »
Dropping the forks makes steering more neutral especially in corners.

Offline inditx

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2022, 01:34:29 PM »
Thanks, that’s what I was hoping to hear.
Did it feel vague at speed before?
inditx
inditx

This is the day.....

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here