Author Topic: My Anni's Mini Milestone  (Read 928 times)

Offline Guzzi Gal

• MOTO GUZZI~Because your heart is in the bike, and the bike is in your heart. ~Huzo~
  • Gaggle Hero
    • Sonoran Sunriders, YouTube
My Anni's Mini Milestone
« on: November 23, 2021, 09:42:55 AM »
The short version: Anni finally has over 2,000 miles on her! :bike-037: Don't judge. :thewife:

The long version: In August of '17, Dave Richardson of Moto International sold me, sight unseen, Anniversario #220. Anni was delivered on September 23, and he retired a month later. Sadly, without Dave at the helm, MI was not long for this world.

I rode Anni on quite a few short rides those first few months. I met up with the MGNOC group a few times, joined a ride with a local moto club, and had her first service done. I didn't feel confident riding slowly as she was a little heavy for me in the beginning.

Seven months later, when we added the Vespas to the stable, Anni wasn't forgotten. We still took short rides, but some months she didn't get out to play.  Then we started a scooter club with a friend in October of '18, which took up much of our riding time. The Vespas got about 2k of play a year. Anni only got out for a couple of hundred. However, Gigi, my Vespa, mostly solved the aforementioned confidence issue with maneuvering Anni.

Last month my husband decided to host a group ride for our scooter club members who also have motorcycles (or maxi-scooters). We were to ride from Phoenix, through Wickenburg and Yarnell, to end in Prescott for lunch. From there, we'd do a little exploration and head back to Phoenix.

To refresh my rusty clutch skills, we went on a series of jaunts around town. Those shorties put her over the 2k mark. The ride to Prescott added another 256 miles, making her total 2277! :thumb:

I gotta say, Anni's riding position is comfortable. I used the passenger pegs on the straight boring bits, and on occasion, stretched my legs out over the heads onto the engine guards. The seat, on the other hand, is awful! Its firmness, my naughty bits tell me, makes it a hundred miler, at most. :shocked:

Anni, fresh off the truck.           Morning of the ride.               On the ride.
:bow: Thanks for enabling my MG obsession! :bow:
"Anni" '17 Moto Guzzi V7 III Anniversario #220/1000,
"Velvet" '16 Honda CTX 700,
"Brigitte", AKA "Gigi" '13 Vespa GTS 300ie,
"Grey Wind" '12 Vespa GTS 300 Super,  
The twin '16 Honda Metropolitans
"Miri" and Mori"

Online Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
Re: My Anni's Mini Milestone
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2021, 12:51:01 PM »
Good for Anni👍
Thanks for sharing GG!

Dan

Offline pebra

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2021, 05:22:07 PM »
I find 250 miles makes for a nice ride - starting late, riding leisurely, seeing some sights, eating lunch and maybe dinner before returning leisurely  :grin:

Wishing you'll enjoy many more of those days on your Anni.
Can't advise on the seat, hope you'll find some way to improve it!

Guzzi HTMoto Roadster "Verdina"
2009 Griso 8V "Weißgerät"
Norge-man - introduction #ca 198 shown Guzzi #195

Offline SED

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2021, 08:22:37 PM »
Congrats!  Anni looks great - always like your pictures.
1983 LeMans III
1981 Monza
1947 Ariel Red Hunter
1939 Ariel Red Hunter
1937 Guzzi GTV

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2021, 08:22:37 PM »

Offline Guzzi Gal

• MOTO GUZZI~Because your heart is in the bike, and the bike is in your heart. ~Huzo~
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2021, 09:13:47 AM »
This was a big deal to me, and I appreciate everyone's kind words. I've only ridden about 9k in total. When you divide that between my three bikes, you'll see Anni isn't being ignored too much. :thumb:

Anni, and a Lambo! :cool:          Out for a morning spin. :grin:
"Miri" and Mori"

Offline twowings

• Gosling
  • Comfortably Numb
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2021, 01:49:39 PM »
The morning light in the second shot just works perfectly with the bike's classic looks!  :thumb:
Team Corse dal Delerium all'Oblivion
Moto Guzzi - 100 Anni Di Autentica Passione

Offline MikeW

• New Egg
    • Mike's Machines
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2021, 05:13:20 PM »
Congratulations  :grin:

Small block Guzzis are delightful bikes to ride. My wife has done over 130,000km on her 750 Breva since she bought it in 2004. Nothing major has gone wrong with it in that time and the seat is one of the most comfortable ever fitted to a Guzzi in my opinion.

The bike was brand new when this picture was taken but it still looks pretty good today apart from the chrome on the exhaust pipes.

Mike's Machines on You Tube
Motorcycle News & Reviews
Motorcycle Service Videos

Offline Socalrob

• Gosling
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2021, 03:27:21 AM »
As a fellow Anniversario owner, I would think the problem with the seat is likely more a shape of the seat issue than a firmness issue.  I actually get along relatively ok with mine, but if you could find a custom seat shop in Phoenix you could discuss your concerns with them.  The Anniversario seat has a convex shape on top, it is possible flattening that shape might be enough to increase your comfort, or possibly add softer (or firmer) foam.

Offline greer

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2021, 05:05:44 AM »
Congrats, GG!  As long as we're out and about we're winning, regardless of what we ride.  Note what Rob said regarding the shape of the seat-- you'd be amazed at the difference once you've removed all the dome and created a very slight dish in the otherwise flat seat.  A belt sander will do the trick in no time, and the seat cover can be stapled right back in place.

Sarah
Sarah '21 V7 Special, '17 XT250, '17 V9 Roamer sold August 2021, '16 V7 II Stone sold September 2021, '08 Nevada Classic sold August 2020 
Doug '21 V85TT, '05 Sportster Roadster, '13 XT250

Offline Guzzi Gal

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2021, 08:52:17 AM »
The Anniversario seat has a convex shape on top, it is possible flattening that shape might be enough to increase your comfort, or possibly add softer (or firmer) foam.
Note what Rob said regarding the shape of the seat-- you'd be amazed at the difference once you've removed all the dome and created a very slight dish in the otherwise flat seat.  A belt sander will do the trick in no time, and the seat cover can be stapled right back in place.

Thanks for the shape input. I've been doing research on DIY solutions, and I'm confident in my ability to rework the seat shape, but not in reaffixing the cover. I don't want to mess up the leather. 
"Miri" and Mori"

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2021, 01:21:26 PM »
 :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Online Tkelly

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2021, 05:22:10 PM »
First one I’ve seen,very cool
Looking.

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here