General Category > General Discussion

Convert Model Year Differences

(1/3) > >>

K-Man:
Hello,

Does anybody have or know where there might posted a list of the differences / changes made to Converts throughout the various model years?

Thanks in advance!
K-Man

fotoguzzi:
Greg Fields book, Moto Guzzi big twins.
Yikes, $95 on eBay. I have a personalized autographed copy.. must be worth big bucks, LOL

bigbikerrick:
 I know my 1976 has the beautiful , wire Borrani wheels , which was a prerequisite for me.Later bikes came with alloy wheels. Early bikes also had the stamped steel, failure prone flywheel . Im not sure what year they went to the cast flywheel. One thing I know for sure, is that Converts Rock,and every Guzzisti should have one!  Im sure others will chime in with more specific model year changes.                                                                                             

:popcorn:

Rick D.

fotoguzzi:
The stamped flywheel was only 1976. It can be reenforced and last a lifetime, you motor will spin up faster BTDT.the later heavy FW is 12 pounds.

bigbikerrick:
So,thats about a  2 lb difference in weight.....Hmm,that seems like quite a bit. I bet you can really feel that  on the "butt dyno"  :grin:
Rick.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version