General Category > General Discussion

Visiting Atlanta, GA...

(1/5) > >>

Eunos9494:
I'll be visiting Atlanta Feb 12-16 and my girlfriend has a Bonneville that she's had parked at her apartment for a year (unprepped for the long sit).  I'm bringing my riding gear and some tools to see if I can get it up and running, but I'm concerned that the fueling is going to be a bigger project that I'm able to take on while I'm in town.

If that bike doesn't work out, does anyone have any suggestions for any place that might rent a good standard?  My regular ride is a V7 Special, so the Bonnie seemed really attractive.  I've looked at Eagle Rider, but quite a bit of their stock is either cruisers or sport bikes.  I'd love to find something a bit more familiar.

If all goes well, I'll be moving down to Atlanta later this spring.  *fingers crossed*  My girlfriend lives just down the street from Manny's, so I hear that Guzzis might be close by.  Looking forward to meeting some GA riders someday soon.

Thanks for any info you guys can pass along.

Wayne Orwig:
Normally, I would say to rent a Guzzi at Riders Hill in Dahlonega (a bit over an hour north of Atlanta). But I think they suspend the rental program during the winter. Call them and find out. No matter what, try to visit the area. Great roads to ride there.
Weather is going to be crappy for the next few days though anyway.

Eunos9494:
Coming from Michigan, your "crappy" just might be my "summertime".  ;D

I'll definitely give Rider's Hill a call.  I've been looking forward to stopping by there sometime anyway, might as well start now.

smartin108:
What year is the Bonnie?  '08 and newer are FI and have fewer issues with sitting.

roadscum:

--- Quote from: Wayne Orwig on February 11, 2015, 09:10:37 AM ---Normally, I would say to rent a Guzzi at Riders Hill in Dahlonega (a bit over an hour north of Atlanta). But I think they suspend the rental program during the winter. Call them and find out. No matter what, try to visit the area. Great roads to ride there.
Weather is going to be crappy for the next few days though anyway.

--- End quote ---

They terminated their rental program a year ago.

Paul

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version