Author Topic: Good riding near Fort Polk, Louisiana?  (Read 758 times)

Offline flip

• Gaggle Hero
  • Aprilia Caponord 1200, Aprilia Shiver, gone MG B11
Good riding near Fort Polk, Louisiana?
« on: February 06, 2020, 07:10:27 AM »
My son and his family will be moving to Fort Polk, Louisiana this spring. Are there any good twisty roads in the area to ride?
North Carolina

Offline guzzi771

• Gosling
Re: Good riding near Fort Polk, Louisiana?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2020, 08:11:03 AM »
My son and his family will be moving to Fort Polk, Louisiana this spring. Are there any good twisty roads in the area to ride?
The short answer is no but there are a few roads around Toledo Bend lake that are ok . The ride to Natchitoches from Leesville is a must take hwy 117 .Natchitoches is a great town to visit with some good food and places to go the town is over 300 years old and the oldest town in the Louisiana Purchase . Leesville at Fort Polk it's not much to do there , I purchased my 2017 Moto Guzzi VIII special in Leesville in 2017 but the dealer closed last summer .

Offline MMRanch

• MMRanch
  • Gaggle Mentor
  • Evil wins if Good Men do Nothing
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2020, 09:39:55 AM »
Military ?

one of my favorite places to find neat rides is this one :   https://www.roadrunner.travel/find/tours/#north-america/usa/la
................... ................... ...............

I haven't tried any of them for Louisiana , but have for other states .    :wink:
2016 V7-II Stone
2022 Royal Enfield Meteor Stellar Blue

Offline flip

• Gaggle Hero
  • Aprilia Caponord 1200, Aprilia Shiver, gone MG B11
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2020, 09:59:51 AM »
Military ?

one of my favorite places to find neat rides is this one :   https://www.roadrunner.travel/find/tours/#north-america/usa/la
................... ................... ...............

I haven't tried any of them for Louisiana , but have for other states .    :wink:
Mo
Yes, Army. He’s currently in engineering training at Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri.

Thanks for the link.

I miss the good old days when he was in school in Boone, NC. Lots of good riding areas up there!
North Carolina

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2020, 09:59:51 AM »

Offline guzzi771

• Gosling
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2020, 08:45:58 PM »
Mo
Yes, Army. He’s currently in engineering training at Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri.

Thanks for the link.

I miss the good old days when he was in school in Boone, NC. Lots of good riding areas up there!
Louisiana is a great state but but the roads aren't like NC at all I'm sad to say . The best roads close to fort polk are in NW Arkansas but if you have a dirt bike  Forest Hill Louisiana  near fort polk is the best in the U.S.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here