Author Topic: Virginia Guzzi lunch today ....  (Read 684 times)

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
Virginia Guzzi lunch today ....
« on: February 15, 2020, 03:27:11 PM »
Life DOES go on during wintertime, and to prove it, we had our regular monthly Guzzi lunch meeting today, this time at Amici's Italian Restaurant in Scottsville, VA.

Eighteen degrees when we woke up this morning, and 26 when Fay and I togged up (her in her Rukka outfit with an electric jacket liner, and me in my 'Stich gear, no electrics), rolled the Stelvio out of its warm bed, and took off.

Nice ride, but my hands got cold.   I mean, I have a $120 pair of lined KLIM gore-tex snowmobile gloves, top of the line, and hand guards on the Stelvio, and I STILL had to warm my hands on the cylinder heads as we went down the road.   Tex has already mentioned the solution - an electric vest so that my body heat can go to my hands rather than my core, but I'm just lazy.   I think this day may have done it, though ...

Got to Amici's, where my pillioninamillion was still smiling and not cold ...

and had a fun-to-be-with group to hang out with ...

L to R, David Phillips, Allyn Chappell, Jay Gwaldis, yours truly, and Ron Komoroski.   Fay and I split a Portofino Pizza, and everyone else enjoyed their meals too - Amici's serves good Italian food.   David cut the ace of diamonds and had his meal paid for.

Just above freezing when we headed home through the Buckingham County countryside, and now in front of the fire with a cup of tea.   Sort of like a day on the slopes but without the snow ...  Stelvio's running like a good 'un.

Lannis

"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Online nick949

• All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that's given to you.
  • Gaggle Hero
    • Nick Adams Writing
Re: Virginia Guzzi lunch today ....
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2020, 03:46:36 PM »
 :thumb: :thumb:

Nick

bobrebos

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2020, 03:53:08 PM »
26 degrees!  Wow that’s cold!  You guys get the hardy souls award.  Looks like you all had fun!   :bike-037:

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2020, 04:15:04 PM »
26 degrees!  Wow that’s cold!  You guys get the hardy souls award.  Looks like you all had fun!   :bike-037:

"Ronkom" has been hosting these since 2004 or so; that's 16 years x 12 per year so like 190 of them, and they only get better as the old-timers meet and newcomers get involved.   We had 20 attendees back last summer; often there are 5 or 6 under-30s, so no danger that we'll run out of Guzzisti as we age out.

We've met at 30 or more restaurants; some have become favorites, some didn't work out so well, but it's always fun.  Some guys ride a 300 mile round trip to be there with us sometimes.

Fay and I have occasionally bailed out and caged it (if ice is in the forecast, for example) but we figured we'd better strike an average and tough it out today, and we're glad we did!!

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2020, 04:15:04 PM »

Offline kingoffleece

• SplitWeight(tm) seat covers
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Rated 5 STARS Motorcycle Consumer News
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2020, 06:55:21 AM »
I've had snow machines for almost 40 years.  Ain't a glove made that'll keep hands worm at speed in the cold.  Heated glove liners are your friend.
SplitWeight(tm) seat covers. A King of Fleece LLC product.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here