General Category > General Discussion

[V7] What does KV, KV1, LD, LD1 mean?

(1/4) > >>

notbenh:
In browsing around for accessories and bag options for my new-to-me V7iii Milano I've seen a few places that ask for the type? Attached is a screen shot from sw-motech.us but I've seen this notation on a few other sites. I've not been able to find anything on the forum or any other documentation on what these types would parse out to? Am I just looking in the wrong place? Can this be safely ignored? Does anyone know what these types are?

AJ Huff:
I'd say for the most part you can ignore. They refer to trim levels, example, Racer, Special, Stone, etc.

-AJ

Dirk_S:

--- Quote from: AJ Huff on March 26, 2024, 03:12:57 PM ---I'd say for the most part you can ignore. They refer to trim levels, example, Racer, Special, Stone, etc.

-AJ

--- End quote ---

Which is goofy, because the Milano IS a trim, so why are they still asking the type? I thought it might’ve referred to which world region—remember there are North American versions of the trim, Euro, Pacific, etc. Anyway, like AJ said, it’s near-100% certain it doesn’t matter.

notbenh:
Awesome thanks AJ and Dirk for the clarification

Kev m:

--- Quote from: AJ Huff on March 26, 2024, 03:12:57 PM ---I'd say for the most part you can ignore. They refer to trim levels, example, Racer, Special, Stone, etc.

-AJ

--- End quote ---

Where would one find a breakdown of that list?

I ain't think I've ever seen (or maybe ever looked).

But it could actually matter in this case because starting with the V7III the rear fender mounting changed and some models use a subframe and an abbreviated fender while others use the old style larger fender. I believe this means mounting bolts vary back there which might affect accessory/bag mounting.

I would see if selecting any of the sub models gives different accessory part numbers before ordering.

EDIT - poked around and though I'm still curious about the sub-model designations it doesn't look like they mean anything in this application - the SysBagWPs, Urbans, Legends, and Urban Topcase all appear to have the identical part numbers whether you select KV, KV1, or LD, LD1.

On and KV or LD vs KV1 or LD1 appear to be 2017-18 vs 2018-20  (and I don't recall ANY changes to chassis mid 18 year, though again, who knows).

EDIT the EDIT - If I go to AF1 racing and look up OEM parts they have only ONE parts catalog for V7III Stone 2017-2020, though they also have a separate one for the 2019-20 Night Pack, and another for the 2020 Stone S - but none of them fit the Motech website pattern. Though under the V7 Special they have one listed as 2017-20 and a separate one listed as 2019-20. Most of the other specials like the 2018 Carbon Dark or the 2018 Milano, have just one catalog.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version