Author Topic: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !  (Read 1027862 times)

oldbike54

Re: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !
« Reply #2670 on: July 07, 2018, 11:29:54 PM »
 Welcome everyone .

Dusty

Offline knockerjoe

• New Egg
« Reply #2671 on: July 13, 2018, 08:52:42 PM »
Joe
I’m and Aircraft Maintenance Technician
55.  Carrboro N.C.
Long time motorcycle enthusiast, rider, wrench
Just picked up my first Guzzi, a 2000 Jackal.
Needs some immediate attention.
Look forward to reading and learning.
Cheers,
Joe

Offline snobear

• New Egg
  • 1987 California II, 1998 DR350, 2012 DR650,
« Reply #2672 on: July 13, 2018, 09:45:27 PM »
Stan
Industrial Mechanic/Maintenance Manager
Choiceland Saskatchewan Canada
Riding a Vstrom now with 100,000 and very seriously considering a Guzzi next, V85 if it comes anywhere near what we are presently seeing.
Was just at D2D and met KIWI ROY, we talked about Guzzi's and talked to a few others owners as well, one with a sidecar.  The more Moto Guzzi folks I talk to the more I think they are the next bike for me.
1987 California II
1998 DR350
2010 DR 650
1982 Seca650
I do these things not to escape life but so life does not
escape me

Offline danketchpel

• New Egg
« Reply #2673 on: July 13, 2018, 11:52:25 PM »
Hi fellow Guzzisti,

I "think" this may be a reintroduction as I'd signed up here before but it's been a few years and somehow I think I got "flushed" for not being active, imagine.....

So I'm back again and will try to be more active.

I'm on the wrong side of 55 (go away AARP, I'm not ready to admit that yet) and married with a great wife who rides with me. I have "a few" bikes (how many days are there???) one of which is a 2013 Stelvio that I am EXTREMELY pleased with and it is my wife's favorite bike to ride on. It's our long distance touring bike and frequent commuter when it gets it's turn making my ride back and forth to work the highlight of my day.

I work in plastics manufacturing.

We live in Camarillo, SoCal, which is about 1 hr north of the greater chaos they refer to as Los Angeles.

There's a good chance I might be looking to trade/sell off one of the bikes for another Guzzi. I'm really lusting after a Tonti bike to park next to the Stelvio.

I may "know" a few of you from other forums and hope to meet a few more on the road.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #2673 on: July 13, 2018, 11:52:25 PM »

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2674 on: July 14, 2018, 09:24:38 AM »

I'm on the wrong side of 55 (go away AARP, I'm not ready to admit that yet) and married with a great wife who rides with me. I have "a few" bikes (how many days are there???) one of which is a 2013 Stelvio that I am EXTREMELY pleased with and it is my wife's favorite bike to ride on. It's our long distance touring bike and frequent commuter when it gets it's turn making my ride back and forth to work the highlight of my day.

Same with my wife and I.   Our Stelvio has more room on it than any other bike we've ridden ....

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2675 on: July 15, 2018, 06:32:19 AM »
  The more Moto Guzzi folks I talk to the more I think they are the next bike for me.

That's what got me into them!   A different breed, and good to be associated with.

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline Lupin 3rd

• New Egg
« Reply #2676 on: July 15, 2018, 08:08:55 AM »
Like Dan above I thought I had signed up here years ago but maybe it was just booze induced dream. Mostly post on ADVrider (as Lupin 3rd) and currently ride a Stelvio NTX, but that may change in the future since kid #2 is on his merry way and riding time now is mostly just commuting. Been a few interesting places though, so no complaining.

Offline perolalars

• New Egg
« Reply #2677 on: July 15, 2018, 09:03:02 AM »
Hi
Joining this forum though I am situated in G�teborg, Sweden! I sold my (old) Harley fxe -79 and bought myself a V7 II Racer -16 and I am very pleased with it! Not at all like riding the locomotive that an harley is!

« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 09:35:59 AM by oldbike54 »

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • On the backside of the planet.
« Reply #2678 on: July 16, 2018, 09:07:21 PM »
Hi
Joining this forum though I am situated in G�teborg, Sweden! I sold my (old) Harley fxe -79 and bought myself a V7 II Racer -16 and I am very pleased with it! Not at all like riding the locomotive that an harley is!

Welcome. I think you will find that Wildgoose Chase is a bit of an United Nations type of affair. Guzzi folk here come from all parts of the planet; I myself am situated on the backside of our planet down the bottom end. :grin:

Many helpful people here.
Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

Offline JamesNFalconaut

• New Egg
« Reply #2679 on: July 17, 2018, 02:36:28 AM »
Gday all
James here, 50, geo, based in Melbourne, Aussie.
Bought a Nuovo Falcone Carabinieri four years ago and love it, after a 25 yr apprenticeship on Guzzi twins (V50, T5, 1100 Spat carbie, Cali Sp Sport).
Have enjoyed this forum for a while, time I put in.

Offline zebep

• New Egg
« Reply #2680 on: July 20, 2018, 05:48:20 PM »
Rick P

61 years old

Excavating  contractor not far from Bean Town

2 ) 2001 California specials and also 2007 Norge

Offline Guzzi relic

• New Egg
« Reply #2681 on: July 21, 2018, 08:13:18 PM »
Like many others here I was a member but do more reading than posting.  Great group.
I bought my 1974 Eldo in pieces back in the fall of 2005. On the road doing hack duty since the spring of '06.
Last season my "solo" street bike was down for a month. (1972 Suzuki Hustler, inner crank seal ruptured; I did a full crankshaft rebuild). During this down time I was whining to my wife and she told me to quit complaining and take the sidecar off the Guzzi. This was supposed to be a temporary thing as we both enjoy the sidecar experience but I'm afraid I've really taken to the solo Eldo and am now hunting around for another rig. The Eldo will remain on two wheels.
I also had a 1980 1000SP for a couple of seasons, (2007 and 8 I think it was). It was a great bike but I the riding I was doing didn't suit the long legged Spada. Its a bike that just isn't happy under 70 mph and that's well over my area's posted limits.
Personally, I'm pushing hard on 60, (this October) and with no retirement in sight. I'm a licensed motorcycle tech at a Yamaha/Suzuki/KTM/Polaris/Mercury dealership in north eastern Ontario Canada. We are the largest motorcycle shop in our area but the majority of our business is ATV's, Side by sides, outboards and snowmobiles.
I take some ribbing for riding old bikes, (my newest is a 1976) but after a day of fuel injection, ECU's, laptop computers I'm happy to ride home relying on carbs and points and condensers!
Thanks to all who share their knowledge and experience here.
Ken
I wonder where this goes?

1974 Eldorado
1976 Convert

Offline scottydogg

• New Egg
« Reply #2682 on: July 29, 2018, 08:05:24 PM »
Scott, here, from Bloomington Indiana.
Always wanted a Moto-Guzzi, so I spend the last year casually hunting one down. Last month, I put in a bid on an eBay listing and ended up getting my offer when the top bidder backed out.  Just picked it up this weekend and I've already put over 700 miles on it.  Looking forward to many trips on it, but I know I'm going to need a lot of advice to keep it in good running condition.

Offline Mateo

• New Egg
« Reply #2683 on: August 02, 2018, 04:41:06 PM »
Matt- almost 50- VTC Manager- North Alabama.

Had an account here a few years back. 
Bought a V7 Guzzi this past weekend at Sloan's.
Bought the California 10 years ago in Holland from Peer.

running poem

Offline Just Rambling

• New Egg
« Reply #2684 on: August 07, 2018, 08:13:49 PM »
Hello all!

Bruce Reinhart aka Just Rambling
2015 v7 Stone
Northern Lehigh Valley Pa.

New to Moto Guzzi after 50 plus years of many other makes, prior 15 years on modern Triumph Bonneville's. ('03,'05,'09)
Loved the Triumphs but wanted something lighter in weight and easier to work on.
Semi retired. Ex fleet maintenance mechanic 25 years for local municipality then 14 years for school bus fleet

Offline Jrisky

• New Egg
« Reply #2685 on: August 13, 2018, 10:04:47 PM »
Hello from John Risk, Edmonton, Alberta, 61 years old. Just purchased a used V7 ii loving it so far might have to get rid of a Honda or two.

Offline treps

• New Egg
« Reply #2686 on: August 16, 2018, 04:17:31 PM »
Hi

A newbie California Special rider. I look forward to learning more about all things Guzzi through this forum. Cheers

Offline mole

• New Egg
« Reply #2687 on: August 24, 2018, 02:09:49 PM »
Bought my second Guzzi (30 years apart).
Had a lot of bikes in between
Now down to just 2.
1942 Matchless 350 ex WD (family heirloom)
1200 sport 2008 last of the 2 valvers in red and white - love it!!!!
Work for a living and to allow me to ride for fun.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 02:12:10 PM by mole »

Offline Rabscuttle

• New Egg
« Reply #2688 on: August 26, 2018, 05:14:05 PM »
Hello,
My name is Steve I moved from So Cal to backwoods Texas about a year ago.
I bought a new 16 V7ii and put 26k on in one year.
I enjoy woodworking and playing guitar.
Im a truck driver for a biodiesel company.
If anyone is near Decatur TX hit me up.

oldbike54

« Reply #2689 on: August 26, 2018, 05:35:13 PM »
Hello,
My name is Steve I moved from So Cal to backwoods Texas about a year ago.
I bought a new 16 V7ii and put 26k on in one year.
I enjoy woodworking and playing guitar.
Im a truck driver for a biodiesel company.
If anyone is near Decatur TX hit me up.

Hello Steve , consider joining the GRIT FB page . Also , there are two rallies coming up not far from you , the GRIT rally near Lindale TX , and The Oklahoma camp out near Talihena OK . 1st and 2nd weekends in October . Come on and meet us .

Dusty

Offline Diablo_PL

• New Egg
« Reply #2690 on: September 06, 2018, 02:57:47 PM »
Pawel Radomski
from Poland, Warsaw
39 yo
Engineering manager
V7 II Racer owner, this is my second bike...

Offline mrv

• Hatchling
« Reply #2691 on: September 12, 2018, 06:16:52 AM »
Vincent
Arkansas
DHS
Just picked up my 2012 Norge GT

Offline Paul Brooking

• Gosling
« Reply #2692 on: September 12, 2018, 07:30:39 PM »
Vincent
Arkansas
DHS
Just picked up my 2012 Norge GT

welcome

Offline quietrider

• New Egg
    • 2lanenolines
« Reply #2693 on: September 18, 2018, 02:52:45 PM »
Bob. 68. Single. White. Male. Retired. Born in Detroit, I lived 40 years in the Denver area. My profession was working backstage for live shows. Stage Hand/Electrics/Technical Direction/Stage Manager/Production Management/Lighting Design. I have been traveling and living abroad since December 2013. The US via RV, and Mexico and Central America in a Jeep. I spent last year fixing up and living on a small sailboat in Florida. I am now researching possibly doing a tour of the UK and the European mainland as my last adventure before settling down somewhere.

A late bloomer, I purchased my first bike at the age of 48. I have owned 2 BMW's, a KLR650, and a Honda ST1300 which I sold when I retired.
Taken together I clocked 150,000 miles on those, hitting 44 of the lower 48 states, the western states multiple times.  I am looking to buy my last bike, it will be a Moto Guzzi. I have always liked them, but I have never owned one.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 03:00:36 PM by quietrider »
"Beware, o wanderer, the road is walking too." - Rilke

Offline Elmelo

• New Egg
« Reply #2694 on: September 25, 2018, 01:48:52 PM »
Humberto
Canary Islands

Electronic Tecnician
MG California Special

Offline DougG

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #2695 on: October 01, 2018, 05:00:09 PM »
HELLO ALL,

My name is Doug.  I live in Old Forge, NY and am fortunate enough to have a winter escape home in Asheville, NC.  After having experienced several bikes, Harley, BMW, Honda, CanAm, 'Zuki, I've finally seen the light... I own a 2015 Cali 1400 tour (in OF) and 2017 Cali 1400 Tour in (A'ville).

I'm 68 years old, retired educator (High School, University), I worked at Brookhaven National Labratory and to pay the mortgage, I swung a hammer and remodeled bathrooms and kitchens.  I hold a degree in Physics and a PHD in Test and Measurements...don't let that fool you, I'm really not a nerd...at least don't think so.

I'm always looking for someone to ride with in the Adirondacks or the Blue Ridge Mts.

Be well,
Doug

aspatuck@aol.com   (yup, my kids will have to pry my AOL account out of my cold dead hands).

« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 07:51:28 PM by DougG »
A possum playing possum is no big deal.  Find one that can play giraffe, now you got yourself something!

Online cliffrod

• Gaggle Hero
  • AC Button II
    • Carolina Sculpture Studio
« Reply #2696 on: October 02, 2018, 08:30:16 AM »
My name is Clint Button.  I bought my 73 V7 Sport in early '92, abandoned & in pieces with a stuck engine, for $200.00.  Many, many bikes have come and gone- ducati 2 stroke, bevel & belt drive, parilla 250's, R96S, the first Benelli Quattro imported into the states, Sandcast Honda 1000042, Kawasaki W2's, HD's, on and on..- but the Guzzi is still here.  Even got to ride it on TV in July, along with another Guzzi video if you scroll down...  https://www.wspa.com/news/hometown-spotlight-antique-bikes-on-main/1327802512  I'm a full-time sculptor since 2000 and usually do more than lettering, but that's what was in studio when they did the video.    Visit my website or YouTube channel if you're interested.

Some pieces (souvenirs) on my V7 Sport came from Joe Tripoda of Moto Tripoda and Geno's House Of Triumph, both in New Orleans long ago when I was a chef.  An old friend in Knoxville built the V7 Sport bottom end for me back in the late 90's and it's still running great.   Giuliano Cecchinelli, one of my Master Sculptors, was thrilled when I first rode it to the studio in 2000 during my apprenticeship in VT, hence the favorite quote in my signature. 

I had been planning to do a custom tank and seat for the V7 Sport, because I wanted to and already had it.   Then in July, I lucked into a 1967 V700 lump for $200.00 with plans to grab the SSI carbs and pieces and then get rid of the rest.  Unloading it, I found the engine wasn't stuck so it's the next project & destined to be a period cafe bike, heavily influenced by Tonti's 1969 World Record bikes, to park next to my V7 Sport.   Added wheels & brakes, starting on tank & seat mock-ups and modifying a spare frame.  Probably will upgrade to new cylinders & heads along the way.  A new friend from up north who is building a more accurate replica Record bike is helping with info and even a modified triple tree & cover.  Very cool.

Need a few small bits and will post both wanted ads & then a build thread as things progress & fortunes ebb and flow....  looks like there needs to be a hosting service used when posting pics? 

I like well-built but rider quality bikes that get used.  This one will be no different.

1973 V7 Sport  "Now THAT'S a motorcycle!"-  Master Sculptor Giuliano Cecchinelli
1967 V700 Corsa Record
1981 Lemans CX100
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExX3YmQel_Q
http://carolinasculpturestudio.com/
Carolina Sculpture Studio YuoTube Channel-
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzSYaYdis55gE-vqifz

Offline Gustavo

• New Egg
  • Motociclista Errante
« Reply #2697 on: October 02, 2018, 02:33:51 PM »
Hello Guzzistas (is that a faux pas as it could refer to another Guzzi forum?  :huh:).

Gustavo from NW Oregon.  My last Guzzi was a V50III, 1983 vintage.  Sold it to get something sporty and fast (that was before I figured out fast had nothing to do with the bike, but I was young and didn't know any better...). It's been almost 30 years since I sold it and I'm back thinking about Guzzis (that new V85TT more specifically), so I am here to see what y'all have to say about these "modern" Guzzis.

See you guys on the road,

Gustavo

Offline tusong200

• New Egg
« Reply #2698 on: October 05, 2018, 07:53:04 AM »
Here I am again....wondering what happened to myself?? Was a member for many years (as well as a donor) but drifted off about 6 years ago.

Tried to log on but was told 'no usernames with that email address'. (I've had the same email for almost 20 years).

Can find references to myself on archived threads, but I'm listed as a 'guest'.

Wondering what happened.....??

Anyway, 69 years old, Southern WI, many Guzzi's over the years, Monzas, Eldos, Lario. Just picked up a V65SP for a winter project.

oldbike54

« Reply #2699 on: October 06, 2018, 01:57:54 PM »
 Tusong, what happened was that you didn't' log on for over two years and got caught in a purge.That is merely a function of the system, there were something like 5,000 User names purged about 2 years ago.

Dusty

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here