General Category > General Discussion

02 EV fueling issues

(1/3) > >>

PNWThom:
I’ve recently acquired a 2002 EV with around 40k miles (speedo says 21k but PO says it was replaced). It’s been suffering from a low RPM stumble/sputter through the air box and pretty annoying overrun backfire once it’s warm. Also only getting around 27 mpg and the low fuel light is constantly flickering; I ran it out of gas at 130 miles because even when empty, the light would still turn off with a little throttle twist. Not sure this is related to the backfiring and poor mileage but thought I’d mention it.

I’ve been replaced the air filter (full of seeds!) and reverted the drilled air box lid and mufflers back to stock, as well as new plugs, wires, air and oil temp sensors, without any effect on the running or mileage.

So, what’s the common wisdom here? TPS? I’m pretty new to fuel injection, I never had to do anything to my old Breva except change this oil. I haven’t checked the valves yet but will get around to it soon. I also bought a new fuel pressure regulator but with the cursory look I took when the tank was off I couldn’t figure out how to get the old one out of the housing and I... wanted to get the tank back on. I did try spraying some WD40 around the throttle bodies but couldn’t find any vacuum leaks that way. Not ruling it out though.

Appreciate any advice!
Thomas
Bellingham WA

Kiwi_Roy:
Can you hear the fuel pump over the engine at idle.
Remove the petrol cap, at the lower point you will see a drain hole about 1/8", dribble some light oil or gas into the moat and see if it is able to get away or is it plugged off?
Which ECU do you have, a P8 or s small 15M?

s1120:
Id start by checking out the TPS first. They do fail at times.. 

pat80flh:
I've got a 2000 Bassa.   Low fuel  light is junk, long disconnected.  Poor fuel economy was solved with TPS adjustment, I'd suggest gettting the cables to connect....Guzzidia g.......     When I first got mine the intake rubbers were badly cracked and the rubber coil mounts were broken letting the coils flop around

Wayne Orwig:
If you have the external fuel pump, and I'm not 100% sure on that year, then check to see if the fuel sensor wire and fuel solenoid wire are swapped. That can do odd things.
I would get GuzziDiag for sure , or someone near you that has it, and run some tests. Check the TPS first.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version