Author Topic: Getting disillusioned with the V7  (Read 15343 times)

lucydad

Re: Getting disillusioned with the V7
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2015, 08:58:54 AM »
Kenvil, all

Geared up, rolling No. 181 V7R out of garage in a minute.  Grins all around.  Likely chuckle as we we warm up the angelic Italian choir.  Snick and around the roundabout quick knee out and head down and over, and then wind to 6500 rpm up the bridge in second gear....and gone....somewhere.   Might be a bit rainy, but it is 70F.  Windy but who cares.

Point is:  very, very fun bike, reliable, competent, rare, pretty and just love my small block.

Offline ChuckH

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2015, 09:36:24 AM »
.... I suspect the ....lower pegs merely opens up the foot to seat distance for taller riders.....Peter Y.  

This is the reason I can not get interested in the V7 series bikes.  Jim B. at Rose Farms has come up with several good looking variations of the stock models using available accessories.  I would like to try one set up for touring but the distance from the seat to foot pegs is about 4" less than on my Stelvio.  The shorter distance causes my knees to be bent more when riding, which is not nearly as comfortable for me during long days on the road.

I'm looking forward to seeing the V7 II.  Maybe the changes will give me the opportunity to try one.

Edit:  By the way, I don't hold much hopes for a special small block engine Stelvio here in North America.  It is too small of a market for Guzzi NA to mess with.  The Adv Touring bikes are more popular in Europe/UK and a smaller engine version would less expensive in taxes and licensing fees.   
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 09:42:44 AM by ChuckH »
Essential to the pursuit of happiness is knowing when you've caught it.
Life's what happens while you're making other plans.
I always knew I'd get old.  How fast it happened was a bit of a surprise, though.

'08 Chevy Corvette (non-Stealth, Bright Red)

Offline nikwax

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2015, 10:17:37 AM »
Definitely arm chair trolling... there aren't any bikes under 10k that have decent suspension from any manufacture.... get over it and upgrade it or buy a Griso and get the suspension adjusted.

Just joined the forum, don't own the bike, here to tell us everything that's wrong with present and future versions of something with no intention of owning any of the above. Yes, winter armchair trolling.
2014 Ducati Multistrada GT
2011 Norge GT 8V "Otto Valvole" (gone after 32k miles)
2001 BMW R1150 GS (gone after 100,000 miles)

Offline roadscum

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2015, 10:26:50 AM »
So I want to know more about the "flawed drivetrain"! What's the flaw and what's been the effect of the flaw?

Or, perhaps your thinking is flawed!  ::)

Paul
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 07:00:24 PM by roadscum »
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing " - Socrates

Paul M. in SW Florida: 318 miles, 11 curves and not a Guzzi dealer in sight!

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2015, 10:26:50 AM »

Penderic

« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2015, 10:35:00 AM »
Oh you silly willies! Why so sensitive? Are you, are you....

:D :BEER:

lucydad

« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2015, 08:13:26 PM »
Little Goose laughs and says:  ready to roll for early Sunday morning down 59 into Houston and church at 80 mph.  Watch for crap on freeway and idiot cagers.

Dazzle the civilians and joust the winds and rains....

Ciao!

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here