Author Topic: tuner pro question  (Read 600 times)

Offline lucian

• Gaggle Hero
tuner pro question
« on: May 17, 2022, 05:34:48 PM »
Question on cell modifications on the main fuel map. Do you have to implement the same changes on the delta map or will the ecu interpret them and correct the delta? TIA dave  5am Griso 

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
Re: tuner pro question
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2022, 07:39:56 PM »
I thought that's automatic in Tunerpro with software changing it as you change the main. At least that's what I've noticed.
Isn't that what you see?  I watch the graph change, I figured the numbers must also.
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Offline lucian

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2022, 08:02:16 PM »
Steve , I always thought the delta map was automatically corrected off the main map but after initiating some minor tweaks I noticed the same cells in the delta did not change after all was said and done. The right cyl, "corrected " Map shows the same changes as the main map but the delta  map remains unchanged  :shocked:
« Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 08:09:22 PM by lucian »

Online pressureangle

• Gaggle Mentor
  • '97 1100 Sport i, '89 Mille GT
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2022, 07:05:03 AM »
I'm stepping way out of my lane here, speculating as I've only used TP a handful of times, and then on my '94 Chevy pickup, not applicable here.

I'd think that the Delta map won't change, as it's purpose is to modify the main map; change the main, Delta adjusts to it's numbers regardless.

Interested to hear from an expert.
Something wistful and amusing, yet poignant.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2022, 07:05:03 AM »

Offline GuzziOrDeath

• Hatchling
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2022, 03:47:02 AM »

No.

The delta map is a difference map. There are no "automatic" adjustments. The "Right Cylinder map just displays the calculated map for the right cylinder based on Left vs Delta.

Be aware that if you modify the "Right Cylinder" map, it will actually affect (edit) the Delta Map.

Offline lucian

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2022, 06:25:08 AM »
Thanks,  So the right calculated map auto adopts any changes to the main map. I can see that.   In this case I have added back fuel where it was chopped to zero just off idle as I did not like the loss of engine breaking around 3000 rpm . Mission accomplished but ,do I need to add delta values back into the same cells that still remain at 0 in the delta that now have fuel in the right/ left maps?  I should have a wide band AF monitor hooked up soon which I hope will help answer some of this . I flicked a message to Beetle so hopefully we'll know more shortly. A lot to learn! 

Online pressureangle

• Gaggle Mentor
  • '97 1100 Sport i, '89 Mille GT
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2022, 10:52:35 AM »
No.

The delta map is a difference map. There are no "automatic" adjustments. The "Right Cylinder map just displays the calculated map for the right cylinder based on Left vs Delta.

Be aware that if you modify the "Right Cylinder" map, it will actually affect (edit) the Delta Map.

So there are *3* separate maps? Left, Right, and Delta? And right is attached to Delta? I'm missing some purpose here.
Something wistful and amusing, yet poignant.

Offline lucian

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2022, 11:08:15 AM »
So there are *3* separate maps? Left, Right, and Delta? And right is attached to Delta? I'm missing some purpose here.

correct The left is the main map , the right calculated is the right side map which is automatically adjusted to the main. The delta map makes adjustments to compensate for differences or anomalies between the two cylinders which effect afr's under different tps vs rpm's. Differences like asymmetrical header lengths, {griso} intake air flow ect.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 11:16:34 AM by lucian »

Offline GuzziOrDeath

• Hatchling
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2022, 05:04:34 PM »

No. There's the Left (main) map, and the Delta map. The Right (calculated) map doesn't exist in the ECU. It's just a virtual map in TunerPro. A result of the addition of the "Right" map in the XDF.

Consider the maps as lookup tables. Whatever value is calculated by the ECU at specific RPM and TPS values from the Left map for the left cylinder, is then modified by the ECU from the Delta (difference) map for the right cylinder. Simples!

Offline lucian

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2022, 05:27:38 PM »

No. There's the Left (main) map, and the Delta map. The Right (calculated) map doesn't exist in the ECU. It's just a virtual map in TunerPro. A result of the addition of the "Right" map in the XDF.

Consider the maps as lookup tables. Whatever value is calculated by the ECU at specific RPM and TPS values from the Left map for the left cylinder, is then modified by the ECU from the Delta (difference) map for the right cylinder. Simples!
  Excellent , thank you. So is it possible to view the corrected  right side map after the delta input?

Offline GuzziOrDeath

• Hatchling
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2022, 06:26:59 PM »

The calculated "Right" map shows Left + Delta.

Keep in mind, a zero in the Delta map means the ECU will use the equivalent cell value from the Left map. It doesn't mean zero (0), it means "same as Left".

Offline lucian

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2022, 07:39:11 PM »
The calculated "Right" map shows Left + Delta.

Keep in mind, a zero in the Delta map means the ECU will use the equivalent cell value from the Left map. It doesn't mean zero (0), it means "same as Left".

Ah ha moment,  Thank you !   My concern was that delta values may have been omitted in sections of the map where zero fuel values exist and may need to be added back if fuel is introduced in those areas.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here