Author Topic: T-bush  (Read 873 times)

Offline Lovey

• New Egg
T-bush
« on: August 15, 2020, 10:59:49 PM »
G'day all,
I have a silly question in relation to the T-bushes that are used on various Aprilia/MG/Vespa etc motorcycles.  In this case, it's on the pillar section (plastic engine bib/apron) on the MG 1200 Sport 1200.
The part number is AP8221128 and the dimensions are listed as being 8.5 x 10.7 x 12.

Can anyone confirm my suspicion that the 8.5 is the internal diameter, the 10.7 is the length and the 12 is the external diameter of the washer section on the T?  Or am I completely off the mark?
Also, could I impose on someone to tell me the thickness of the wall section please?

I can source these easily from outside Australia, but the shipping costs are close to 10 times the price of the item itself.  I might be able to find a similar size locally if I know the dimensions.  Alternatively, can anyone point me in the right direction of a local supplier?  My searching skills have let me down thus far.
Many thanks for looking,
Steve
« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 12:29:47 AM by Lovey »

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
Re: T-bush
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2020, 04:16:47 AM »
Hi Steve, nice to hear from you.
Can you describe what a T bush is and what it does. I can make an educated guess, but where’s the point in that ?

Offline Lovey

• New Egg
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2020, 04:42:12 AM »
G'day Huzo, great to hear from you again.

The T-bush looks like this:

It's part number 6 in the following parts diagram and it's a hard spacer that fits inside the rubber mounts.

upload

The bolt that holds the fuel tank down goes through one of these, but it's a slightly different part number.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 04:43:35 AM by Lovey »

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2020, 05:03:49 AM »
Send me one and I’ll make some for you mate, or the relevant dimensions and I’ll do some in Aluminium.
PM sent.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2020, 05:03:49 AM »

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2020, 05:09:27 AM »
If it’s the one at the rear of the tank Steve, I will do some for you and post them.
Let’s know if that’s what you need ‘cos I can use mine as a sample. My Norge is a bit different in the area you describe, so I can’t use it as a sample, but if I get a detailed drawing you’re in business... :thumb:
« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 05:12:59 AM by Huzo »

Offline Lovey

• New Egg
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2020, 10:38:54 PM »
I've had a very generous offer to get some of these made, however I need the dimensions to pass on to him.
The apron/pillar/bib part that I'm referring to is in the picture below with the arrow, which has 4 bolts securing it.

If someone would be able to remove one of the bolts and measure up the T-bush for me, I would be very grateful.

The dimensions I need are:

internal diameter
external     "
diameter of the head/shoulder portion
overall length, and
the length under the shoulder portion.

Thanks for looking,
Steve
« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 10:59:50 PM by Lovey »

Offline Lovey

• New Egg
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2020, 02:24:17 AM »
Sorry to reply to myself, but I feel an update is in order.
As per the prior post, a forum member very generously located one of his matching parts, machined up a replacement set (with some spares as well) and posted them to me.  All for the princely sum of a hamburger and a coffee when we next catch up.
I won't embarass him by naming him, but he is one of lifes true gentlemen.  I am truly grateful for your time, skills and generosity sir.
Steve

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here