Author Topic: Stelvio 2013 Tail light wiring  (Read 1967 times)

Offline CaliJo

• New Egg
  • forty two
Stelvio 2013 Tail light wiring
« on: May 22, 2015, 11:34:01 AM »
Ciao Ragazzi

I want to mount some Skenedesign Photon Blaster (what a name) to the license plate of my wife's Stelvio NTX because the taillight/brake light difference is minimal, especially in sunny conditions. I like the flashing start of the brake light sequence and got some Skenedesign LEDs. I first thought to tap into the wiring right behind the taillight but noticed that this area is not staying dry. I checked the wire colours of the wire going into the taillight and found I need blue, yellow and yellow green. So far so good I went to the cable assembly right beside the little tray under the passenger seat and found 4 blue and 2 yellow cables. Only Luigi can wire something with 4 identical colours. The thing is now how do I figure out what blue and yellow wire in this bundle is for the tailight without pinching the insulation and check with a voltmeter? If anybody figured that one out would be very helpful.

When looking at the wiring diagram of the Service Manual I got blind, it is basically unreadable. Does anybody have a better diagram?

Last but not least I found a 16 pin (I believe) Molex connector with two pins shorted by a wire. What is this connector for?

I appreciate any help.

Chutchon
Johannes
1958 Galletto 192
1982 California II
2013 Stelvio NTX

Offline Spuddy

• Gaggle Hero
  • Best Thing About A Mind Is Being Able To Change It
Re: Stelvio 2013 Tail light wiring
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 12:46:31 PM »
Pull off the tail light assembly and you'll see those colored wires that Blue is Ground, Yellow is Running light, Yellow/Green is Brake. The best I remember...
'13 Stelvio NTX
'07 California Vintage
'01 W650
'00 Quota 1100ES + Ural

Online Wayne Orwig

• Gaggle Hero
    • Hog Mountain weather
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 01:07:11 PM »
On my 2009, yellow/green was brake lights.
Yellow/gray was taillight.
Blue was ground.
That was at the taillight.
Scientist have discovered that people will believe anything, if you first say "Scientists have discovered...."

Offline CaliJo

• New Egg
  • forty two
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2015, 02:38:31 PM »
Thank you, that helps.

I will use a better flashlight to see the difference in the yellow coloured wires. Yellow green is easy, I found that one, but the other 2 look just look like single color yellow.

If blue is ground than any of the 4 blue would do.

Chutchon
Johannes
1958 Galletto 192
1982 California II
2013 Stelvio NTX

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2015, 02:38:31 PM »

Offline CaliJo

• New Egg
  • forty two
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 11:27:15 AM »
Spuddy, Wayne

I connected the LEDs over the weekend (what an output, they are bright) and it was yellow for the tail light and yellow-green for the brake light. Blue for ground is a bit unusual but what is not unusual on a Guzzi?

Thanks again for the help. I saw the colours going into the light fixture but without a coloured schematic it is a bit difficult to identify what wire is for what function without trial and error.

Chutchon
Johannes
1958 Galletto 192
1982 California II
2013 Stelvio NTX

Offline CaliJo

• New Egg
  • forty two
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2015, 11:29:03 AM »
Spuddy, Wayne

I connected the LEDs over the weekend (what an output, they are bright) and it was yellow for the tail light and yellow-green for the brake light. Blue for ground is a bit unusual but what is not unusual on a Guzzi?

Thanks again for the help. I saw the colours going into the light fixture but without a coloured schematic it is a bit difficult to identify what wire is for what function without trial and error.

Chutchon
Johannes
1958 Galletto 192
1982 California II
2013 Stelvio NTX

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here